Author Topic: How did you come to choose your user name?  (Read 6503 times)

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
Re: How did you come to choose your user name?
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2008, 09:06:34 PM »
I Just changed my name. ProJew CATHOLIC!

Cool name shift :)  :clap:
Thank You Very much Ruby.

Yep. I was always confused on how a Catholic could be Christian... :P
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2008, 09:47:23 PM »
I Just changed my name. ProJew CATHOLIC!

Cool name shift :)  :clap:
Thank You Very much Ruby.

Yep. I was always confused on how a Catholic could be Christian... :P
That was a joke right???????
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2008, 10:01:49 PM »
Yep. I will go and sin no more.
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2008, 10:07:20 PM »
Yep. I will go and sin no more.
You go do that.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline spiritus_persona

• Pro JTFer
  • Say NO to Dhimmitude
    • Cultural Jihadist (Warning!  May contain harsh language!)
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2008, 10:17:12 PM »
I'm not sure why I chose spiritus_persona.  It just sounded cool.
Me: Muslims get offended too easily.
Muslim: What!?  That is an outrage!  Take that back or I kill you!

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2008, 10:51:32 PM »
MASTERWOLF is a cartoon I made a few years back and it also traces back to Tex Avery my favorite animator of all time, he was animating cartoons in the 30s when PC was unheard of.  The story of Wolfie (which is my nickname since I was 3) also originated from Avery. 

This is Tex Avery's best, notice.. PC was unheard of

here it is, yes MGM.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2008, 11:04:54 PM »
Hey, I like that cartoon, Wolf.  The music is great.  I'm a big fan of Rossini.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2008, 11:14:05 PM »
All of Tex Avery's cartoons brought out the exaggerations and comedic tones that would be banned now.  In fact what you just saw is the uncensored version. The updated one removed the part of the black face and the chinese.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2008, 12:40:03 AM »
All of Tex Avery's cartoons brought out the exaggerations and comedic tones that would be banned now.  In fact what you just saw is the uncensored version. The updated one removed the part of the black face and the chinese.

Funny cartoon :)

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2008, 01:01:27 AM »
I am named for my great grand father David Kredman
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2008, 06:30:51 AM »
After the Romans crushed the Judean revolt in the year 70, they put up banners in Rome saying "Judea Capta"

Judea is captured.

So I say Judeanoncapta. Judea is not captured and I want to make sure it is never captured again.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2008, 11:05:42 AM »
After the Romans crushed the Judean revolt in the year 70, they put up banners in Rome saying "Judea Capta"

Judea is captured.

So I say Judeanoncapta. Judea is not captured and I want to make sure it is never captured again.

Hey I like that Judeanoncapta.  I figured it was something like that.

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2008, 12:47:19 PM »
Very simple! I am a Christian and a Zionist to the core and hence the name.

There are a lot of Christians who have lost the Zionist vision and my purpose is to challenge them and to show Jews that not all Christians are against Israel.

P.S. Only in the JTF forum and in the jihadchat forum my screen name is Christian Zionist.  If you happen to see another "Christian Zionist" in other forums it is NOT me!  In youtube and liveleak it is me though.
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2008, 01:57:18 PM »
I have NO imagination anymore. I just figured- well, heck... I may as well be proud of who I am.

My chat-name is pookie_gin.  I am named pookie- for the dog I LOVED as a kid, and she DIED! :'(   Gin was my siamese fighting cat.  I also have another chat name- Ponquogue_Bridge  named for the place where Good Ground, Hampton Bays is at- where I grew up.   
 Paulette- means little
 Ette- means little
Anne- means Strong one

My Hebrew name that was also my great Grandmas (from Portugal-Sephardic) Hebrew name:  AsheDina  -Ashe meaning fortunate and Dina for VENGEANCE.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2008, 01:25:10 AM »
MASTERWOLF is a cartoon I made a few years back and it also traces back to Tex Avery my favorite animator of all time, he was animating cartoons in the 30s when PC was unheard of.  The story of Wolfie (which is my nickname since I was 3) also originated from Avery. 

This is Tex Avery's best, notice.. PC was unheard of

here it is, yes MGM.

I'm a huge Tex Avery Fan!!! He was brilliant.

Offline Zevida

• Full JTFer
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2008, 01:30:50 PM »
My user name is the name I gave my violin.  ;D
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. (Ps 137)

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2008, 10:06:37 AM »
My username means mountain (har) shadow (tzel) in Hebrew and it is my codename in the underground...

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2008, 10:55:26 AM »

Cool! So that begs the question, why did you name your violin that?

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2008, 11:26:34 AM »
The Ithaca model 37 is a legendary pump-action shotgun, originally manufactured in upstate New York, now manufactured in Ohio.  It's considered the consummate shotgun for close-quarter action, and thus remains the back-up firearm of choice in the trunks of police squad cars.

Offline Zevida

• Full JTFer
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2008, 01:01:04 PM »

Cool! So that begs the question, why did you name your violin that?

I just loved the name.  ;D  She was my first advanced level violin.  I now have a professional level violin and his name is Yochanan. His name comes from the Hebrew "Hashem is gracious" and He truly is.  Otherwise I would never have been able to afford such an incredible instrument.  :dance:
By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. (Ps 137)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2008, 01:07:07 PM »
That's really cool Zevida :) Maybe sometime you should play some music and then upload it for JTFers :) Only if you want to though, I don't want to put you on the spot or anything. I think it's cool that you can play an instrument like that. One day I'd like to be able to play the piano. I can just play it one key at a time now. lol

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2008, 01:12:58 PM »
Ambiorix
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ambiorix was, together with Catuvolcus, prince of the Eburones, leader of a Belgic tribe of north-eastern Gaul (Gallia Belgica), where modern Belgium is located. In the 19th century Ambiorix became a Belgian national hero because of his resistance against Julius Caesar, as written in Caesar's Commentarii de Bello Gallico.Contents [hide]
1 Early history
2 The Revolt
3 Caesar's revenge
4 Legacy
5 References
6 External links

[edit]
Early history

In 57 BC Julius Caesar conquered Gaul and also Belgica (modernday Northern France, Belgium and a southern section of The Netherlands to the Rhine River; and the north-western portion of North Rhine-Westfalia, Germany.) There were several tribes in the country who fought against each other regularly. The Eburones were ruled by Ambiorix and Catuvolcus. In 54 BC Caesar's troops urgently needed more food and thereby the local tribes were forced to give up part of their harvest, which had not been good that year. Understandably the starving Eburones were reluctant to do so and Caesar ordered that camps be built near the Eburones' villages. Each centurion was ordered to make sure the food supplies were delivered to the Roman soldiers. This created resentment among the Eburones.

Although Julius Caesar had freed him from paying tribute to the Atuatuci, Ambiorix joined Catuvolcus in the winter of 54 BC in an uprising against the Roman forces under Quintus Titurius Sabinus and Lucius Aurunculeius Cotta.

[edit]
The Revolt

Ambiorix and his tribesmen attacked and killed several Roman soldiers who were foraging for wood in the nearby vicinity. The survivors fled back to their camp, followed by Ambiorix and his men. There he realised there were too many Romans for his troops to fight and he decided to negotiate with them. Ambiorix explained to the Roman camp leaders, Sabinus and Cotta, that he had no problems with them and in fact, was very happy with them, because now he had no troubles with the other tribes. He warned the Romans that a coalition of other tribes were planning to attack them and would get the support of the German tribes who would cross the Rhine. Ambiorix advised them to relocate to another Roman camp so that they would be stronger to battle these troops. He also promised them he would leave them alone when they made this crossing.

Sabinus and Cotta debated the whole night on what they should do. Sabinus trusted Ambiorix and considered it would be wise to do what he had advised them. Cotta thought it would be better to stay and try to fight back when the attacks would happen. Ultimately, Cotta decided they would stay, but it wouldn't be his fault if they all got killed by doing so. This made the Roman troops very unsure and therefore they decided to leave anyway. The two closest Roman camps were behind hills and in the other option behind a plain near a valley. Sabinus and Cotta chose for the easy solution and crossed the valley. While they crossed the valley Ambiorix and his men attacked them from up the hills and slaughtered them. Sabinus, Cotta and their troops were massacred.

[edit]
Caesar's revenge

When the Roman Senate heard what happened, Caesar swore to put down all the Belgic tribes. It was very important that the other Roman provinces knew that the almighty Roman republic couldn't be beaten so easily. After all, Ambiorix had killed a whole Roman legion and five cohorts. A Belgic attack on Quintus Cicero (brother of the orator), then stationed with a legion in the Nervii's territory, failed due to the timely appearance of Caesar. The Roman campaigns against the Belgae took a few years, but eventually the Belgae were no match against 50,000 trained Roman soldiers. The tribes were slaughtered or driven out and their fields burned. The Eburones were history from that point. Ambiorix and his men, however, managed to cross the Rhine and disappear without a trace.

[edit]
Legacy

Caesar wrote about Ambiorix in his commentary about his battles against the Gauls: "De Bello Gallico". In this text he also wrote the famous line: "Of all the Gauls, the Belgae are the bravest." ("...Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae..."). This sentence has often been misquoted as "Of all the Gauls, the Belgians are the bravest.", while Caesar meant the tribes collected under the name, "Belgae" and not "the Belgians", because Belgium didn't exist until 1830.

Ambiorix remained forgotten until the 19th century. When Belgium became independent in 1830 the national government started searching through their historical archives for persons who could serve as national heroes. In Caesar's "De Bello Gallico" they discovered Ambiorix and his deeds. In 1841 the Belgian poet Joannes Nolet de Brauwere van Steeland wrote a lyrical epic about Ambiorix and on September 5, 1866 a statue of Ambiorix was erected on the Great Market of Tongeren in Belgium. There is no proof he ever lived there, but since Tongeren is Belgium's oldest village, Caesar referenced Atuatuca and Tongeren's original name is Atuatuca Tongorum it was placed there.

Nowadays Ambiorix is one of the most famous characters in Belgian history. Many companies, bars, french fries stands have named themselves after him and in many Belgian comics as Suske en Wiske and Jommeke he once played a guest spot. There was also a short lived comic called Ambionix[1]. Which features a scientist teleporting a Belgae chief, loosely based on Ambiorix, to modern day Belgium.

In the French comic Asterix in the album Asterix in Belgium Asterix, Obelix, Dogmatix and Vitalstatistix go to Belgium because they are angry with Caesar about his remark that the Belgians are the bravest of all the Gauls. The Belgian chief in the album, Beefix, does resemble Ambiorix a bit.

In 2005 Ambiorix was nominated for the title De Grootste Belg (The Greatest Belgian). In the Flemish edition he ended in fourth place. In the Walloon edition he ended in 50th place.
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Zevida

• Full JTFer
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2008, 02:07:14 PM »
That's really cool Zevida :) Maybe sometime you should play some music and then upload it for JTFers :) Only if you want to though, I don't want to put you on the spot or anything. I think it's cool that you can play an instrument like that. One day I'd like to be able to play the piano. I can just play it one key at a time now. lol

I do have one piece that I uploaded to youtube.  Unfortunately we didn't have a camera, so I used pics of my violin.  I'd really like to get a camera and upload some Jewish tunes. I have a little webcam, but it isn't very good quality.  I might try it anyway.

My username on this video is celtic_fiddler because I belong to the Mairead Nesbitt forum (she's a Celtic Fiddler, I'm a classical Jewish violinist LOL).

Here it is:

Just keep practicing on that piano Rubystars and you'll be playing beautifully in no time!!