Author Topic: Hello-שלום  (Read 4798 times)

Offline Hajar

• Junior JTFer
Hello-שלום
« on: February 20, 2007, 06:02:53 PM »
Hello,
I've heard quite a lot about JTF and i've just read a few threads. I must say that its very interesting and your political views overall are great. I'm not jewish but i would like to learn a lot more especially the jewish law,Halacha and jewish culture. I am also taking a course in Hebrew at the moment and it would be great to practice with some of you.

Rav todat,

הייתי רוצה לבקר בישראל בעתיד

Offline Hail Columbia

• Master JTFer
  • Vrijheid, Welvaart, Beschaving
    • AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website
Re: Hello-שלום
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 08:24:53 PM »
Welcome to the board.

Learn the truth about rap "music": (Strongly recommended for new members)
www.geocities.com/wilder2k1
My MySpace site:
http://www.myspace.com/hailcolumbiajtf
My YouTube site:
http://www.youtube.com/user/HailColumbiaJTF
Dixie Outfitters, Preserving Southern Heritage Since 1861:
http://www.dixieoutfitters.com/
AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website:
http://www.africancrisis.co.za
The Right Perspective, NYC's Most Dangerous Callers to Talk Radio, Airing Live Every Friday Night, 10 PM EST:
http://www.therightperspectivepodcastblog.blogspot.com/

In thy power Almighty, trusting,
Did our fathers build of old;
Strengthen then, O Lord, their children
To defend, to love, to hold
That the heritage they gave us
For our children yet may be:
Bondsmen only to the Highest
And before the whole world free.
As our fathers trusted humbly,
Teach us, Lord, to trust Thee still:
Guard our land and guide our people
In Thy way to do Thy will.

Offline Fruit of thy loins

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 11:13:18 AM »
.שלום!  אני דויד.  מאיפה את?  אני מאנגליה

;D

I am studying Hebrew as well.  I speak only a little.  I am 'self-learning' from 'Teach Yourself Hebrew' by Shula Gilboa.  My progress is painfully slow, as you can imagine, not having weekly tutorials or time constraints induces laziness.

I hope you do very well in your classes.  :)  It is such a beautiful language, it is very elegant.  The script looks nicer than Arabic and Sephardic women have beautiful full-bodied accents complete with rolling r's and other delights to the ear-drums.  Aural wine, as I like to think of it.

I'd like to visit Israel too but my means are quite limited.  It would be well worthwhile to try and go there before the Kahanists take power, because it may well be that a Torah-run state would not allow tourists in to see the Holy places ... who knows?

Every white woman deserves the black man of her dreams.  But what does every white man deserve?

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 05:41:46 PM »
Very amusing :-\

Well i can speak french ;)

welcome to the boards sis.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 10:34:18 PM »

???

:o

::)

:P

8)

8)

;)

Offline Hajar

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 04:25:29 PM »
.שלום!  אני דויד.  מאיפה את?  אני מאנגליה

;D

I am studying Hebrew as well.  I speak only a little.  I am 'self-learning' from 'Teach Yourself Hebrew' by Shula Gilboa.  My progress is painfully slow, as you can imagine, not having weekly tutorials or time constraints induces laziness.

I hope you do very well in your classes.  :)  It is such a beautiful language, it is very elegant.  The script looks nicer than Arabic and Sephardic women have beautiful full-bodied accents complete with rolling r's and other delights to the ear-drums.  Aural wine, as I like to think of it.

I'd like to visit Israel too but my means are quite limited.  It would be well worthwhile to try and go there before the Kahanists take power, because it may well be that a Torah-run state would not allow tourists in to see the Holy places ... who knows?

שלום דוד. אני מאנגליה גם כן, נחמד לפגוש אותך. איפה בערך אתה מ?

:)

Laziness is my middle name. I have to slap myself awake at times. I am taking an online course and unfortunately it doesn't come with a "be motivated" kit as well. You're right it is a very elegant language and i'm surprised it isn't as sought after as some of the minor modern day languages. Arabic is very heavy and a normal conversation usually involves shouting of some sort. I can speak arabic quite well but it hasn't come in much use.
Will the kahanists take power very soon? Or at all? I can see Chaim being pm although maybe it would probably be better if he wasn't. It seems like a dream but may just cause even more problems. I like Chaims accent, he holds power in his voice.
Would you go as a tourist, or a person seeking to become and learn more about judaism? :)

"Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim" that is an beautiful name, You must be proud. Your profile says you are from pensylvania, do people call you by your jewish name? I know some jews who have an english name and a jewish one. Or they adapt their hebrew name to sound more common or modern, this i believe is wrong.

MassuhDGoodName i see you are having a rather emotional moment. Hey to you to ;)

« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 07:20:50 PM by ~Hajar~ »

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 05:33:05 PM »
"...MassuhDGoodName is see you are having a rather emotional moment. Hey to you too..."

Hi!

Own any Lene Marlin recordings?

Offline Hajar

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 07:23:37 PM »
"...MassuhDGoodName is see you are having a rather emotional moment. Hey to you too..."

Hi!

Own any Lene Marlin recordings?

Should I?
I don't really listen to music much. It confuses me and i've had the unlucky experience of walking into walls when i've got headphones in my ears.
Although i like songs with a fast tempo, they wake me up, a very good alternative to coffee in the mornings. :)

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 09:23:55 PM »
Hajar, what is your ethnicity and religion?
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline Fruit of thy loins

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 08:31:33 AM »
Laziness is my middle name. I have to slap myself awake at times. I am taking an online course and unfortunately it doesn't come with a "be motivated" kit as well. You're right it is a very elegant language and i'm surprised it isn't as sought after as some of the minor modern day languages. Arabic is very heavy and a normal conversation usually involves shouting of some sort. I can speak arabic quite well but it hasn't come in much use.
Will the kahanists take power very soon? Or at all? I can see Chaim being pm although maybe it would probably be better if he wasn't. It seems like a dream but may just cause even more problems. I like Chaims accent, he holds power in his voice.
Would you go as a tourist, or a person seeking to become and learn more about judaism? :)

Well you are already using lots of words I haven't learned yet so take some solace in the fact that there are people much lazier than you about.   :D

I've always wanted to go as a tourist to see the many Holy places but also to see this little country that commands so much (often hostile) international media coverage.  I think that Kahanists want to deal very authoritatively with some of the problems they see there.   ;D   
Every white woman deserves the black man of her dreams.  But what does every white man deserve?

ftfl

Re: Hello-????
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 10:21:03 AM »
Welcome to the JTF forums Hajar.

On the topic of music, everyone should like some music...
Two very different types of music:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3FtKYOtOIkE
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jBEYyHGbwto

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 03:25:58 PM »
מחכים לבואך    ;)
Nice to meet you  :-X
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2007, 09:42:59 PM »
Shalom and welcome aboard...
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.