Author Topic: Why are our numbers so low?  (Read 3280 times)

Offline 2honest

• Senior JTFer
  • MayIsraelPrevail
Re: Why are our numbers so low?
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2008, 07:07:54 AM »
I'm sorry for being rarely on the forum, I'm very busy with work.
I guess this video has already been posted. Anyway, this case might have a huge impact even after the elections.

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2008, 07:32:16 AM »
 Well, I have my people I send my audios out to, they listen to them, and they never get put up in time, so- whatever. I guess the things I say dont mean a hell of a lot.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2008, 08:58:50 AM »
It is a bit low.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2008, 09:02:05 AM »
The decision to close the forum so often for holidays and some nights during the week is foolish because it drives away new visitors. It is hard to be active on a forum that is constantly down.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2008, 09:12:17 AM »
It would have to be closed for 48 hours for each holyday and Shabbat to take care of all the time zones, because people read this forum all over the world. I am not in the US, for example, so my hours don't overlap with the East Coast Shabbat. But if you are really strict and keep it closed for 48 hours (to make sure that the Shabbat goes around the globe) then you risk losing too many readers, especially at this crucial time. But if you only close it for the Shabbat times on the East Coast, then you are not being consistent anyway. I vote for keeping the forum open at all times.

The Hebrew forum goes by the Israeli time zone instead. One reason the English forum is also closed for the Gentiles and during the Eastern Time zone is that administration is located here. In addition to religious reasons, the forum is run professional and many of our administrators and moderators are not around during this time. Keeping the forum open is not up for debate.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2008, 09:46:29 AM »
Iknow a forum i belong to it had at any given time and it was within 1 hr at least 50 actual members posting.It went off for a month now at most it has 8or 9 members posting at any given time on  good day
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2008, 10:06:01 AM »
It would have to be closed for 48 hours for each holyday and Shabbat to take care of all the time zones, because people read this forum all over the world. I am not in the US, for example, so my hours don't overlap with the East Coast Shabbat. But if you are really strict and keep it closed for 48 hours (to make sure that the Shabbat goes around the globe) then you risk losing too many readers, especially at this crucial time. But if you only close it for the Shabbat times on the East Coast, then you are not being consistent anyway. I vote for keeping the forum open at all times.

The Hebrew forum goes by the Israeli time zone instead. One reason the English forum is also closed for the Gentiles and during the Eastern Time zone is that administration is located here. In addition to religious reasons, the forum is run professional and many of our administrators and moderators are not around during this time. Keeping the forum open is not up for debate.

Exactly, if our admins are Jewish, then the forum cannot be run or moderated or supervised during Shabbat or holidays!   We would be open to spam attacks and other stupidity if we opened it without admins to moderate.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2008, 10:13:11 AM »

Exactly, if our admins are Jewish, then the forum cannot be run or moderated or supervised during Shabbat or holidays!   We would be open to spam attacks and other stupidity if we opened it without admins to moderate.

I seriously doubt that is the reason.

If that were the reason then we could have gentile admins, and WE DO anyway!!!!!

It may be more along the lines of, just as jewish businesses should not be open on shabbat or jewish holydays.  Maybe.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2008, 10:15:53 AM »

If that were the reason then we could have gentile admins, and WE DO anyway!!!!!

It may be more along the lines of, just as jewish businesses should not be open on shabbat or jewish holydays.  Maybe.

You doubt that is the reason.  Ok, can you tell me what percentage of our mods are Jewish and what percent non Jewish?    This will help explain whether or not your doubt is unfounded.

And I'm also only speaking in practicality, assuming there was no halachic problem.  It certainly is also a halachic problem that has to be dealt with.  If it's a Jewish website encouraging Jews to post on Shabbat, that is helping a Jew to do a sin.....   We would need to consult with a posek about it, Chaim would need to.   But aside from that there is the practical concern as well.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2008, 10:24:11 AM »

You doubt that is the reason.  Ok, can you tell me what percentage of our mods are Jewish and what percent non Jewish?    This will help explain whether or not your doubt is unfounded.

I doubt it's the reason because even if we don't have enough gentile moderators to moderate over shabbat and jewish holydays. Even if that is the case, then we can find more.  We wouldn't close the forum for lack of gentile volunteer mods.  We would look for more, and organise it. Look how much JTF has achieved. Do you seriously think we close the forum because we don't have gentile volunteers?  That's insane!
It's definitely not the reason.
<snip>

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2008, 11:59:35 AM »
Could it be that JTF is becoming too moderate?

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2008, 12:50:37 PM »
It didn't used to close for Shabbat when I became a member. And it wasn't such a long time ago. It started closing for Shabba relatively recently. It was Yaakov's idea; he proposed and implemented it. But now Yaakov is not even a member of this forum.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2008, 12:58:50 PM »
It didn't used to close for Shabbat when I became a member. And it wasn't such a long time ago. It started closing for Shabba relatively recently. It was Yaakov's idea; he proposed and implemented it. But now Yaakov is not even a member of this forum.

Yacov had taken that idea from the former member rivera

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2008, 12:28:21 AM »

It is also common sense and will stay in effect.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?