Author Topic: Who wins wars in six days? It's not who, it's with Whom.  (Read 1106 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Who wins wars in six days? It's not who, it's with Whom.
« on: October 15, 2008, 11:50:13 PM »
Just think of the magnitude of it...It may be the greatest story in modern history.  Really...Think about it...

What was David and Goliath in comparison?  What was Hanukkah, which lasted 25 years, in comparison?

The Jewish people, surrounded and outnumbered 100 to 1, defeated in 6 days 5 Arab armies.  It actually defies imagination.  It reminds me, as it should remind all of us, that G-d will help us, if only we do that which He wants us to do.

Fight.  And never allow yourselves to be stepped upon.  Sanctify His Holy Name.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Who wins wars in six days? It's not who, it's with Whom.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 12:22:34 AM »
Hashem is blessed through the praise of his people.

His love of the Jewish people allowed him to show us a miracle during the six-day war. I have thought about it and it is truly, as you point out, a miraculous event. The numbers of our enemies were staggering, yet I don't know if quite as staggering as the Greek armies during Channukah, and the odds were slim.

Through incredible Hashgacha Pratis Israel speedily defeated the mighty enemies. They captured incredible swaths of land, from the Sinai to the borders of Lebanon. How else could this be topped? They even captured the holy Temple mount from the evil arab oppressors. Victory was placed into the hands of Hashems holy people. I remember those days from my childhood. I remember reading about Israel during my Bar Mitzvah in 1978 and the incredible explosion of zionism in the settlements. It is odd to reflect forward and think about all which has changed in the last 10 years.

I blame Carter and Clinton for their Middle East policies of placating the invented Palestinian 'people'. It is interesting to note that before the 70s the definition of a Palestinian was a Jew living in the land of Israel. Yassar Arafat invented the 'palistian arab' myth. Arafat was born in Cairo Egypt, not Palestine, to an egyptian mother. Once the Americans thought they were helping these 'poor palestinians' they could not stop. Add to this the fact that the Muslim nations together conspired to flood America with pro-palestinian propaganda. Just turn on any media source and you can see the bias against Israel. I have written and called newspapers when I see blatant bias.

But no matter what these evil forces conspire against us we will prevail. They think we control the world when in truth only we give credit to the true master of the world. The Holy One, blessed is he, is the only master and we are his children.

muman613

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 01:05:04 AM »
Hashem is blessed through the praise of his people.

His love of the Jewish people allowed him to show us a miracle during the six-day war. I have thought about it and it is truly, as you point out, a miraculous event. The numbers of our enemies were staggering, yet I don't know if quite as staggering as the Greek armies during Channukah, and the odds were slim.

Through incredible Hashgacha Pratis Israel speedily defeated the mighty enemies. They captured incredible swaths of land, from the Sinai to the borders of Lebanon. How else could this be topped? They even captured the holy Temple mount from the evil arab oppressors. Victory was placed into the hands of Hashems holy people. I remember those days from my childhood. I remember reading about Israel during my Bar Mitzvah in 1978 and the incredible explosion of zionism in the settlements. It is odd to reflect forward and think about all which has changed in the last 10 years.

I blame Carter and Clinton for their Middle East policies of placating the invented Palestinian 'people'. It is interesting to note that before the 70s the definition of a Palestinian was a Jew living in the land of Israel. Yassar Arafat invented the 'palistian arab' myth. Arafat was born in Cairo Egypt, not Palestine, to an egyptian mother. Once the Americans thought they were helping these 'poor palestinians' they could not stop. Add to this the fact that the Muslim nations together conspired to flood America with pro-palestinian propaganda. Just turn on any media source and you can see the bias against Israel. I have written and called newspapers when I see blatant bias.

But no matter what these evil forces conspire against us we will prevail. They think we control the world when in truth only we give credit to the true master of the world. The Holy One, blessed is he, is the only master and we are his children.

muman613

I agree with everything you said, except I don't blame Carter and Clinton, because I don't expect anything from them.  They will go down as the worst presidents in US history, but the ones who truly desecrated the name of G-d (blessed be He) were all of the Jewish traitors who feared America more than they feared G-d.  Moshe Dayan, Rabin, Begin, Barrack, Sharon, Olmert, the list goes on and on.  They were the ones who turned that miraculous victory into something mundane.  The state of Israel is in G-d's hands.  Jews would do well to remember that.

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 02:01:52 AM »
What a stiff-necked, stubborn people !

Instead of removing the Arab enemy from the newly liberated lands, and instead of removing that hideous mosque from the Temple Mount--within days of the amazing, spectacular, miraculous victory-- Dayan was begging the muslim vermin to stay, and handing them the keys to and control of our holiest site.

Incredible. Hard to believe. But true.

Only a loving, forgiving G-d could tolerate such madness and not forever turn his back on such a blind, ungrateful people.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 04:32:58 AM »
Just think of the magnitude of it...It may be the greatest story in modern history.  Really...Think about it...

What was David and Goliath in comparison?  What was Hanukkah, which lasted 25 years, in comparison?

The Jewish people, surrounded and outnumbered 100 to 1, defeated in 6 days 5 Arab armies.  It actually defies imagination.  It reminds me, as it should remind all of us, that G-d will help us, if only we do that which He wants us to do.

"Who wins wars in six days?"

that quote you used in your subject is actually a quote from rabbi meir kahane ztl hyd  , that he said in one of his videos (the one where rabbi kahane threatened to throw an audience member out himself, and later that audience member apologised to him for being rude earlier!)

I think that quote is great evidence of G-d's existance.
Clearly - 6 days- parallels the jewish people conquering Eretz Yisrael in the time of Joshua.

It's tough for a prophecy to not be self-fulfilling..  but that is one that cannot possibly be. You can't plan that a war will last 6 days, and there's no way the seculars fighting had any belief in the tenach story anyway.

The answer to the "who wins wars in 6 days", gives a complete answer with a modern times and biblical times example. That's the beauty of it.

Your amendment does not do that.

The "with whome", I think should be considered and argued separately..
Because it changes the parallel.
You are arguing about ODDS..

Pro-Arabs will often argue that we received help from America and that's why we won.  I don't really have any conversation with these types anymore, I don't see them, but it's worth responding to their argument.

I know that in 1948(not the 6 day war), arabs and america thought that we had no chance.
They obviously considered the odds.

America didn't help in 1948.. 

In what Rabbi Kahane pointed out was a great miracle, Israel got help "from Stalin" "that great zionist ;-)"

Here is Uri Avnery - that self hating leftist - discussing it. He was an eye witness. And he does state some facts..

"From April 1948 on, we started to receive large quantities of light weapons from Czechoslovakia, which were sent to us on Stalin's orders"
also
"Stalin's immediate aim was to get the British out of Palestine, where they might otherwise allow the stationing of American missiles."

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 04:45:06 AM »

"Who wins wars in six days?"

that quote you used in your subject is actually a quote from rabbi meir kahane ztl hyd  , that he said in one of his videos (the one where rabbi kahane threatened to throw an audience member out himself, and later that audience member apologised to him for being rude earlier!)

I think that quote is great evidence of G-d's existance.
Clearly - 6 days- parallels the jewish people conquering Eretz Yisrael in the time of Joshua.

It's tough for a prophecy to not be self-fulfilling..  but that is one that cannot possibly be. You can't plan that a war will last 6 days, and there's no way the seculars fighting had any belief in the tenach story anyway.

The answer to the "who wins wars in 6 days", gives a complete answer with a modern times and biblical times example. That's the beauty of it.

Your amendment does not do that.

The "with whome", I think should be considered and argued separately..
Because it changes the parallel.
You are arguing about ODDS..

Pro-Arabs will often argue that we received help from America and that's why we won.  I don't really have any conversation with these types anymore, I don't see them, but it's worth responding to their argument.

I know that in 1948(not the 6 day war), arabs and america thought that we had no chance.
They obviously considered the odds.

America didn't help in 1948.. 

In what Rabbi Kahane pointed out was a great miracle, Israel got help "from Stalin" "that great zionist ;-)"

Here is Uri Avnery - that self hating leftist - discussing it. He was an eye witness. And he does state some facts..

"From April 1948 on, we started to receive large quantities of light weapons from Czechoslovakia, which were sent to us on Stalin's orders"
also
"Stalin's immediate aim was to get the British out of Palestine, where they might otherwise allow the stationing of American missiles."

what missiles did the US have in 1948?

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 05:02:21 AM »
i'm no history buff..

maybe missiles that were so weak if that if fired from america they wouldn't have reached russia ;-)

if they had no missiles, russia may have been thinking towards the future.

I have heard that up until very recently, america gained a huge amount from Israel.   But now they are stationed in iraq and afghanistan, they don't need israel as much. This certainly applies to israeli intelligence,  General George Keegan's "five CIAs" comment.   But it could be for stationing missiles too.