Author Topic: Was Columbus really a Jew? - Interesting A7 article  (Read 2618 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Was Columbus really a Jew? - Interesting A7 article
« on: October 17, 2008, 12:39:01 PM »
Shalom,

I have heard a little about this in recent years. Apparently a new book deciphers a Signet used by Columbus and it reveals that he really was Jewish.

From the article @ http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/127990 by Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu :

(IsraelNN.com) Columbus was a Jew named Salvador Fernando Zarco and was among those expelled from Spain in 1492, a rare triangular Kabbalistic signet indicates. Jose Rodrigues Dos Santos has authored an historical novel, Codex 632: The Secret Identity of Christopher Columbus, which relates the deciphering of a rare triangular Kabbalistic signet.

The interpretation of the recent discovery of the signet claims to reveal the secret identity of Columbus. The unique triangular monogram is similar to inscriptions on gravestones in Jewish cemeteries in Spain and southern France.

It was used in the agreement between Columbus and Spanish King and Queen Ferdinand and Isabella. The Kabbalistic monogram, in Hebrew, Latin, and Greek, contains two secret names: Cristobal Colon, his "nom de plume," and Salvador Fernando Zarco, Columbus's birth name, according to the author.

The American Library of Congress possesses one of four original copies of the Columbus Codex.

The Spanish kingdom signed the declaration to expel all Jews, stating that "we ordered that the Jews be separated from the cities and towns... and… ordered that an Inquisition be established in such domains."

Columbus replied, "Your Highnesses, having driven out all the Jews from your realms and lordships... I should go to the said parts of India, and for this be accorded me great rewards and ennobled me so that from that time henceforth I might style myself and be high admiral of the Ocean Sea and perpetual Governor of the islands and continent which I should discover... from generation to generation." 

The only Jews who remained in Spain were those who converted to Christianity out of fear of being killed. Many of them continued to observe Jewish law clandestinely, and their descendents even today are "Marranos" (crypto-Jews) who secretly observe Jewish laws.
Read More Here

This is very interesting news. But Im sure somehow it will be used against us... Here in America Columbus used to be a hero but with the increasing hispanic population his fame is being tarnished.

muman613

PS: Interesting page I found on the Columbus Codex... http://www.prnewsnow.com/Public_Release/Home_and_Family/237874.html
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Was Columbus really a Jew? - Interesting A7 article
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 12:43:45 PM »
I read his navigator was Jewish as well as a few members of his crew.I think he was  Italian off course there are Italian Jews but i never heard that about Columbus
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 12:48:15 PM »
Shalom,

I have heard a little about this in recent years. Apparently a new book deciphers a Signet used by Columbus and it reveals that he really was Jewish.

From the article @ http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/127990 by Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu :

(IsraelNN.com) Columbus was a Jew named Salvador Fernando Zarco and was among those expelled from Spain in 1492, a rare triangular Kabbalistic signet indicates. Jose Rodrigues Dos Santos has authored an historical novel, Codex 632: The Secret Identity of Christopher Columbus, which relates the deciphering of a rare triangular Kabbalistic signet.

The interpretation of the recent discovery of the signet claims to reveal the secret identity of Columbus. The unique triangular monogram is similar to inscriptions on gravestones in Jewish cemeteries in Spain and southern France.

It was used in the agreement between Columbus and Spanish King and Queen Ferdinand and Isabella. The Kabbalistic monogram, in Hebrew, Latin, and Greek, contains two secret names: Cristobal Colon, his "nom de plume," and Salvador Fernando Zarco, Columbus's birth name, according to the author.

The American Library of Congress possesses one of four original copies of the Columbus Codex.

The Spanish kingdom signed the declaration to expel all Jews, stating that "we ordered that the Jews be separated from the cities and towns... and… ordered that an Inquisition be established in such domains."

Columbus replied, "Your Highnesses, having driven out all the Jews from your realms and lordships... I should go to the said parts of India, and for this be accorded me great rewards and ennobled me so that from that time henceforth I might style myself and be high admiral of the Ocean Sea and perpetual Governor of the islands and continent which I should discover... from generation to generation." 

The only Jews who remained in Spain were those who converted to Christianity out of fear of being killed. Many of them continued to observe Jewish law clandestinely, and their descendents even today are "Marranos" (crypto-Jews) who secretly observe Jewish laws.
Read More Here

This is very interesting news. But Im sure somehow it will be used against us... Here in America Columbus used to be a hero but with the increasing hispanic population his fame is being tarnished.

muman613

It is very possible that Colombus was A Crypto-Jew.  During the forced indoctrinations, and the Inquisition, the most terrible time started IN 1492.  It is also possible that Colombus was a Portuguese Crypto-Jew as well, his family was actually from Portugal.  I believe that Colombus was probably Jewish by his mother and Catholic by his father (which is how my family is).  This is what was told to me as a young girl, by my own Great Grandmother who was Jewish- and Crypto-Jewish as her g-grandmother was forced into Catholic Coversion herself, they forced this upon Jews until as late as the 1950's, in Portugal.  My Great Grandfather escaped in the early part of the 20th Century.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 12:50:43 PM »
He also sailed out the day the inquisition started. I also heard their were Jewish books on his ship.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 01:00:19 PM »
He also sailed out the day the inquisition started. I also heard their were Jewish books on his ship.

Colombus knew what was going on b4 it started. He brought Jewish people with him, he brought a Torah And a Christian Bible (Greek) He NEVER came and "defeated" the Indians, that is CRAZINESS.  There were over 6 million in all of the tribes, Columbus and some seasick Jewish men didnt defeat the Iriquois. That gets a HUGE DUH
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 01:03:28 PM »

Colombus knew what was going on b4 it started. He brought Jewish people with him, he brought a Torah And a Christian Bible (Greek) He NEVER came and "defeated" the Indians, that is CRAZINESS.  There were over 6 million in all of the tribes, Columbus and some seasick Jewish men didnt defeat the Iriquois. That gets a HUGE DUH

Oh, also, us Crypto "Marranos" which is a NASTY word.. We DO study in secret- and hide EVERYTHING.
  Maybe Colombus hid the 6 million Indians below the deck. 
  Heck, I dont know if he was what- but I know he was Jewish and also Catholic, (poor guy) Thats mixed up.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 01:11:21 PM by Paulette »
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 01:09:48 PM »
Does it really matter what religion he was

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2008, 01:12:38 PM »

Yeah.  ;D :P  JK- No, it doesent really matter, but I am sure that some dumbbell nazi will blame this on the Jews, and its some pre-Zionist stupid conspiracy.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 01:17:16 PM »

Yeah.  ;D :P  JK- No, it doesent really matter, but I am sure that some dumbbell Nazi will blame this on the Jews, and its some pre-Zionist stupid conspiracy.

Maybe Galileo Galilei was Jewish also.Maybe Nostradamus was also Jewish that is how he had all those visions

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 01:37:20 PM »

Yeah.  ;D :P  JK- No, it doesent really matter, but I am sure that some dumbbell Nazi will blame this on the Jews, and its some pre-Zionist stupid conspiracy.

Maybe Galileo Galilei was Jewish also.Maybe Nostradamus was also Jewish that is how he had all those visions

Nostradamus i think he really was :laugh:
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 01:38:42 PM »

Yes but he was catholic

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 01:39:39 PM »

It states his father eas jewish not his mother

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 01:41:15 PM »

Yes but he was catholic
true

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 01:42:37 PM »

There is no evidence anywhere that Columbus mistreated/slaughtered the Indians.  He did, however, bring a few back with him to show the queen.  The whole 'evil' Columbus angle is propaganda by Mexican nationalists who are the same revisionist scum that we find with N.O.I., and A.N.  They hate anything and everything that is western... so they want to rewrite history a make our heroes, villains.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2008, 02:00:56 PM »

There is no evidence anywhere that Columbus mistreated/slaughtered the Indians.  He did, however, bring a few back with him to show the queen.  The whole 'evil' Columbus angle is propaganda by Mexican nationalists who are the same revisionist scum that we find with N.O.I., and A.N.  They hate anything and everything that is western... so they want to rewrite history a make our heroes, villains.

Yeah I know Briann, but they HATE Colombus for NO reason.  look at this site:  www.mexica-movement.org   SICKOS!  No- his Mom was Jewish NOt his dad.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2008, 02:18:35 PM »

he wrote that they would be useful as slaves and should be used...

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 02:21:38 PM »

Someone who sees visions does not have to be Jewish. (Anyway I dont know too much about his visions, but I did hear that they are too vague, and people are just seeling into his visions- something that is not accurate, because we can apply that to anything- Unlike real Jewish Prophecy which many times is more clear and exact to the point- (Prophecy is higher then dreams and visions).

Also about Galileo- I dont know too much about him, but I do know that he wasn't really the first to discover the telescope as the academic world now claims. Around 2,000 years ago, and maybe earlier already in the Talmud it describes a tool (Telescope) that Rav Gamliel had and used. Same with the knowledge that the world is round, and many other things- it is written straight and described straight out in the Zohar about these things (also many things both in the Zohar and Talmud, science and secrets/discoveries wayy ahead of its time).
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2008, 07:31:24 PM »

Someone who sees visions does not have to be Jewish. (Anyway I dont know too much about his visions, but I did hear that they are too vague, and people are just seeling into his visions- something that is not accurate, because we can apply that to anything- Unlike real Jewish Prophecy which many times is more clear and exact to the point- (Prophecy is higher then dreams and visions).

Also about Galileo- I dont know too much about him, but I do know that he wasn't really the first to discover the telescope as the academic world now claims. Around 2,000 years ago, and maybe earlier already in the Talmud it describes a tool (Telescope) that Rav Gamliel had and used. Same with the knowledge that the world is round, and many other things- it is written straight and described straight out in the Zohar about these things (also many things both in the Zohar and Talmud, science and secrets/discoveries wayy ahead of its time).

I don't know what you're trying to say Tzvi, but there are places in the Talmud that indicate the earth was round, not flat - or "straight."    So since the Talmud predates the Zohar by a long long time, I'm not sure it matters what the zohar says about the shape of earth.... Although by that time, they should have known already, no?

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2008, 08:13:36 PM »
OK Muman, next you will be trying to claim John Wayne was Jewish.
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2008, 08:34:50 PM »

I don't know what you're trying to say Tzvi, but there are places in the Talmud that indicate the earth was round, not flat - or "straight."    So since the Talmud predates the Zohar by a long long time, I'm not sure it matters what the zohar says about the shape of earth.... Although by that time, they should have known already, no?

I didn't/ dont say that the Talmud says otherwise (although I dont think that secrets are more openly written there. Talmud doesn't predate the Zohar by a long long time. Everything came from Sinai (many things even before that as oral tradition). Also Rabbi Shimon Bar Yochai who's lessons appear in the Talmud also do so in the Zohar (meaning the same generation of Rabbis being discussed).
THE SHAPE OF THE EARTH
THE ROTATION OF THE EARTH
DIFFERENT CLIMATES SHAPE THE FEATURES OF INHABITANTS OF THE EARTH
THE PERIOD OF ONLY DAY AND ONLY NIGHT AT THE POLES
THE EARTH IS SHAPED LIKE THE HUMAN EYE
IT IS WRITTEN IN THE ZOHAR (VAYIKRA 10a)
“In the Book of Rab Hamnuna the Elder it is explained further that all the inhabited world rotates in a circle like a ball, so that some are above and some below, and the strange appearances of certain races are due to the nature of the air, each one according to his respective place but they live and are sustained as other men. There is a part of the inhabited world where it is light for some when in another part it is dark for others, so that some have night while others have day. Also there is a place where it is always day and where there is no night save for one short hour. All this account which is found in the books of the ancients and in the Book of Adam the first man is confirmed by Scripture, which says: "I will give thanks to you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made, wonderful are Your works" (Ps. , 15), and again, "O Lord, how manifold are Your works" (PS. 104, 24). This mystery" has been entrusted to the masters of wisdom,[The Rabbis and prophets who received the knowledge from the first man] but is not known to those who mark the boundaries because it is a deep mystery of the Torah.
SO YOU CAN SEE IN ONE SMALL PARAGRAGH RABBI SHIMON BAR YOCHAI TELLS US IN THE ZOHAR THE FOLLOWING:
1- THE EARTH IS ROUND
2- IT ROTATES JUST LIKE A BALL
3- SOME PEOPLE ARE ABOVE AND SOME BELOW [YET THEY DON’T FALL]
4- APPEARANCE OF PEOPLE GO ACCORDING TO THE DIFFERENT CLIMATES
5- ROTATION PRODUCES DAY AND NIGHT AT THE SAME TIME IN DIFFERENT PLACES
6- THE LENGTH OF DAYLIGHT AT THE POLES
7- RABBIS KNEW ABOUT THESE THINGS BUT NOT GEOGRAPHERS
HERE ARE ANOTHER 2 PORTIONS FROM THE ZOHAR WHICH SHOW YOU ITS KNOWLEDGE MORE THAN 1500 YEARS AGO OF THE SHAPE OF THE EARTH
(ZOHAR VAYECHI 226a)
THE EYE AND THE SHAPE OF THE EARTH
The human eye represents the world with its various colors. The outer ring of white corresponds to the Oceans that surround the whole world. The next color represents the land that is surrounded by the Seas. A third color in the middle of the eye corresponds to Yerushalaim which is in the center of the world. Finally there is the pupil of the eye, which reflects the onlooker and is the most precious part of all and it corresponds to Tzion which is the central point of the Universe, in which the reflection of the entire world can be seen.
THE EYE AND THE SHAPE OF THE EARTH
[ZOHAR II, 222b]
Now, the earth's expansion round the central point was completed in three concentric rings, each of a different hue and texture. The first ring, the nearest to the Point, is of the purest and most refined earth-material; the second expansion, surrounding the first, is of a less

polished, less refined earth-material than the first, but is superior to the one surrounding it; the third expansion consists of the darkest and coarsest earth-material of all. Then, surrounding that expansion, come the waters of the ocean that surrounds the whole world. Thus the point is in the center, and the various expansions encircle it. The first expansion embraces the Sanctuary and all its courts and enclosures and all its appurtenances, as well as the whole city of Jerusalem bounded by the wall; the second expansion embraces the whole of the Land of Israel, the Land which was declared holy; the third expansion comprehends the rest of the earth, the dwelling-place of all the other nations. Then comes the great ocean which surrounds the whole. The whole arrangement is symbolized by the structure of the human eye. For just as in the human eye there are three concentric layers surrounding a central point, which forms the focus of vision, so is the world's vision focused in the central point, consisting of the Holy of Holies and the Ark and the Mercy Seat. Hence the description, "a beautiful bowery, the joy of the whole earth", "beautiful" in its appearance, and radiating joy to the whole world. It is compared to a "bowery" because the beauty of a tree is displayed in its branches. Observe that true beauty and symmetry were not manifested in the world until the Tabernacle was finally erected and the Ark brought within the Holy of Holies. From that moment the world appeared at its best, it attained its just balance, and a way was opened through the Tabernacle and past the Ark up to that Point.
It is he who sits upon the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are as grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in. (Isaiah 40:22)
He stretches out the north over the void, and hangs the earth upon nothing. (Job 26:7)

Israel613.com

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2008, 08:49:20 PM »
Ok you can say what you want about the zohar but the truth is it wasn't written down until 1200 years later and we know that.   So how do I know someone didn't just throw in the bit about shape of the world in order to make a "proof text" for a set of teachings that were written down after the fact?    Yes it contains some wisdom from earlier times but it was written when it was written.  And there are rabbis who dispute this.  I don't accept your explanations.   At all.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2008, 09:27:10 PM »
Ok you can say what you want about the zohar but the truth is it wasn't written down until 1200 years later and we know that.   

Who is we? And who says you know what?

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2008, 10:01:08 PM »
Ok you can say what you want about the zohar but the truth is it wasn't written down until 1200 years later and we know that.   

Don't play cute with me Tzvi.  It is KNOWN when it was COMPILED and WRITTEN DOWN.  Which I highlighted in the quote for you this time.   It was written down by Moshe De Leon.   Prior to this, the kabbalah was in oral tradition.   If you want to dispute my claims, then say something.   Don't ask me to repeat again what I've already said.   

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2008, 10:08:24 PM »
OK Muman, next you will be trying to claim John Wayne was Jewish.

Shamgar- John Wayne WAS JEWISH! :)
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2008, 10:45:22 PM »

Don't play cute with me Tzvi.  It is KNOWN when it was COMPILED and WRITTEN DOWN.  Which I highlighted in the quote for you this time.   It was written down by Moshe De Leon.   Prior to this, the kabbalah was in oral tradition.   If you want to dispute my claims, then say something.   Don't ask me to repeat again what I've already said.   

You state this as fact, yet this is a minority opinion. Your the one who has to prove it. (Anyway I dont see why you went and sidetracts off to this for no reason).