Author Topic: Muslims seeking preferential treatment at expense of others: horrific story  (Read 988 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
I find this to be rather alarming.

Islamism and PC Accommodation Haunt the Bereaved
by David J. Rusin
Sun, 19 Oct 2008 at 11:40 AM
http://www.islamist-watch.org/blog/2008/10/islamism-and-pc-accommodation-haunt-the.html

Send  RSS Share:     

A proverb advises us that "death cancels everything but truth." Two grief-stricken families recently encountered disagreeable aspects of the truth that death leaves unaltered: aggressive elements of the Islamic community who seek to impose their faith upon others, and multicultural policies that grant certain benefits to Muslims alone.

First, when Shafayet Reja was killed last month in a car accident on Long Island, NY, his parents — one Hindu and one Muslim — decided to cremate his remains. In contrast, Islam requires that bodies be buried. A group of irate Muslims, among them local imams insisting that Reja had practiced Islam, crashed the funeral to demand that the cremation be called off — or else:

The couple say that people accosted them at their son's funeral, that an angry crowd threatened to boycott a shopping center they own in Jackson Heights, Queens, and that on September 13, two men they know threatened to bomb and burn down the building.

[…]

The funeral staff called the police in part because the Rejas feared the crowd would try to block the hearse going to the crematorium.

Reja's mother was outraged that the interlopers had pressed their case as she and her husband were weeping beside the coffin. "I was having my last moment with my son," she said. "What gave them the guts to do that?" One word: Islamism.

Also in September, a British woman learned that some bereaved families are more equal than others. Jean Maltby hoped to bury her stepfather on a Saturday to make it easier for relatives to attend. However, a Sheffield cemetery informed her that it does not permit Saturday services — except for Muslims, in recognition of their "specific cultural and religious needs surrounding burial," a reference to the Islamic custom that the dead be interred quickly.

Maltby's funeral director rightly pointed out that many groups have religious requirements and "a service offered to one section of society should be given to everyone." He continued:

What the council is doing is operating a two-tier system and this will only alienate people against Muslims in the city.

Bereavement is a sensitive issue and the council needs to rethink its policy to make it fair to everyone.

As the Reja and Maltby stories demonstrate, even death provides no respite from the twin afflictions of Islamism and political correctness. And that unfortunate truth is reason for each of us to mourn.

[endquote]

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Shalom,

Not that this is pertinent to this story but...

Judaism also outlaws cremation.... Judaism also requires speedy burial...

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/jewfaq/death.htm
After a person dies, the eyes are closed, the body is laid on the floor and covered, and candles are lit next to the body.  The body is never left alone until after burial, as a sign of respect.  The people who sit with the dead body are called shomerim, from the root Shin-Mem-Resh, meaning guards or keepers.

Respect for the dead body is a matter of paramount importance.  For example, the shomerim may not eat, drink, or perform certains commandments such as prayer in the presence of the dead.  To do so would be considered mocking the dead, because the dead can no longer do these things.

Most communities have an organization to care for the dead, known as the chevra kaddisha (the holy society).  These people are volunteers.  Their work is considered extremely meritorious, because they are performing a service for someone who can never repay them.

Autopsies in general are discouraged as desecration of the body.  They are permitted, however, where it may save a life or where local law requires it.  When autopsies must be performed, they should be minimally intrusive.

The presence of a dead body is considered a source of ritual impurity.  For this reason, a kohein may not be in the presence of a corpse.  People who have been in the presence of a corpse customarily wash their hands, even though they need not.  This is done to symbolically remove spiritual impurity, not physical uncleanness:  it applies regardless of whether you have physically touched the body.

In preparation for the burial, the body is thoroughly cleaned and wrapped in a simple, plain linen shroud.  The Sages decreed that both the dress of the body and the coffin should be simple, so that a poor person would not receive less honor in death than a rich person.  The body is wrapped in a tallit with its tzitzit rendered invalid.  The body is not embalmed, and no organs or fluids may be removed.

The body must not be cremated.  It must be buried in the earth. Coffins are not required, but they may be used.

The body is never displayed at funerals; open casket ceremonies are forbidden by Jewish law.  According to Jewish law, exposing a body is considered disrespectful, because it allows not only friends, but also enemies to view the dead, mocking their helpless state.

Jewish law requires that a tombstone be prepared, so that the deceased will not be forgotten and the grave will not be desecrated.  It is customary in some communities to keep the tombstone veiled, or to delay in putting it up, until the end of the 12-month mourning period.  The idea underlying this custom is that the dead will not be forgotten when he is being mourned every day.  In communities where this custom is observed, there is generally a formal unveiling ceremony when the tombstone is revealed.

It is also customary in many communities to place small stones on a gravesite when visiting it.  This custom has become well-known from the movie Schindler's List, in which the children of Survivors place stones on the grave of Oscar Schindler.  It is difficult to find much information about this custom; none of the usual resources on Orthodox or Conservative practice discusses it.  The custom is not universal, even among traditional Jews, and there seems to be some doubt as to how it originated.  It seems to have superstitious origins.  As far as we can tell, it is a little like leaving a calling card for the dead person, to let them know you were there.  Some other sources suggest that it was originally done because we are required to erect a tombstone, and tombstones that actually looked like tombstones tended to get desecrated.

I dont condone what the Muslims did as it was a desecration of the memory of the deceased. There is no excuse for their barbarous practices. I dont think that Jews would ever do such a terrible thing as this.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Muslims have no respect for individual rights or choices. They're so sick!

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer

And watch how British and American leftists bend over backwards for them! 

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer

And watch how British and American leftists bend over backwards for them! 

now that the Americans have given the shvatzas everything, except the shirts, off their backs, that will be next, now we'll start in with the Muslims. 

I posted a thread, that THE BOSTON GLOBE!!!!! knows all the details about: OBAMA IS A SLUMLORD AND ALL THE TENANTS HATE HIS GUTS.  this took place in Chicago.  I sent the info (of which there is a new thread on this forum,) to Sen. McCain.  In fact, I am watching Sen. McCain right now give an interview to Chris Wallace.  I am not too fond of Chris Wallace, however, Sen. McCain, comes across as a strong, intelligent opponent, and Obama, he just yells and uses that ghetto slang.  I don't like shvatzas speaking to me in that manner.  Polls are useless.  People being polled are democrats and the information they provide is useless.  The other night, at the formal affair in Manhattan, The Stanley Smith Dinner, or whatever it's called :o Sen. McCain said he could "feel" that a lot of the people attending that affair were "pulling" for him.  I don't think we are being told the truth about Obama.  He's just another smelly shvatza that stinks up his own plane and will stink up the White House.  I hope Sen. McCain uses that info I sent him about Obama's own people will not vote for him if they know he's a SLUMLORD :::D

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
Shalom,

*Snip* Not that this is pertinent to this story but...

Judaism also outlaws cremation.... Judaism also requires speedy burial...

Muman, I am having trouble understanding this story.  The crowd was angry because the remains were cremated and caused a scene?

Perhaps, like in Jewish law, there are exceptions.  When a Rabbi is consulted, he may say it is okay to do a cremation.  There are special considerations the Rabbi makes.  This may be for Reformed Jews and/or Conservatives and never Orthodox.  I don't know.  In the instant case of the Muslim burial, could it have been that the family decided to cremate because of financial hardship?  You can get assistance if that's the case from whatever religion is yours, but do you think this is a possibility?  The family not knowing where to turn, decided to cremate because of financial hardship?  Thank you.