Author Topic: Convicted of thought crimes?  (Read 719 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Convicted of thought crimes?
« on: October 20, 2008, 05:37:59 PM »

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Re: Convicted of thought crimes?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 07:47:50 PM »
Why are you againt this? What are you trying to hide!  Just kidding.

I knew it was a matter of time until they came up with something like this.  I believe that eventually, they will be able to tell exactly what a person is thinking as they learn to map and decipher neuro-schematic networks.  It will take them a long time to do this, but that's only because the process is time consuming, not because it is unknown.

Just like most people, I have evil thoughts sometimes.  But I am fortunate enough to have been given a conscience, so that I can choose not to act on them.  I would hate to be charged or convicted of a crime because of a thought.  And I don't believe that this technology has any place in jurisprudence, just like I don't agree with polygraph testing.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 08:12:34 PM »
Why are you againt this? What are you trying to hide!  Just kidding.

I knew it was a matter of time until they came up with something like this.  I believe that eventually, they will be able to tell exactly what a person is thinking as they learn to map and decipher neuro-schematic networks.  It will take them a long time to do this, but that's only because the process is time consuming, not because it is unknown.

Just like most people, I have evil thoughts sometimes.  But I am fortunate enough to have been given a conscience, so that I can choose not to act on them.  I would hate to be charged or convicted of a crime because of a thought.  And I don't believe that this technology has any place in jurisprudence, just like I don't agree with polygraph testing.

Exactly, most of us would probably be imprisoned for thoughts if this became a reality, I know for a fact I would. My mind is more valuable to me than any electronic peice of hardware to store information and still be safe for the time being, if that's changed, then I think we're in a lot of trouble.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 09:19:39 PM »
Shalom,

I have faith that those who misuse this technology will be punished. No evil plot goes unpunished by the master of the Universe. His eye is on all mankind and he judges them every day.

muman613

PS: You know the tin-foil hat really does work!
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 09:20:41 PM »
Isn't there a movie (Minority Report) that is based on this?

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 09:29:55 PM »
Isn't there a movie (Minority Report) that is based on this?

Similar concept, except they predetermine a crime but some people are innocent and never go through with their crimes. I thought it was an average movie though Tom Cruise is a bit crazy.