Author Topic: Iran busts pigeon spy ring  (Read 4062 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Iran busts pigeon spy ring
« on: October 20, 2008, 07:29:33 PM »
Iran exposes pigeon-brained espionage plot, literally

Security forces arrest suspected 'spy pigeons,' near Natanz reactor. Last year 14 squirrels were seized on espionage claims. Fate of captive birds unknown

Dudi Cohen Published:  10.20.08, 22:29 / Israel News 

Has the symbol of peace joined the efforts against Iran's nuclear program? Iranian media reported on Monday that security forces had seized two 'spy pigeons' near the uranium enrichment facility in Natanz and a second location.

Analysis

Iran’s strategic gamble / Gabriel Calabrese

Iran increasingly seeking to extend its sphere of influence to Latin America
Full Story

According to the report, One of the pigeons was caught near a rose water production plant in the city of Kashan in Isfahan province, the report cited an unnamed informed source as saying, adding that metal rings and invisible strings were attached to the bird.

"Early this month, a black pigeon was caught bearing a blue-coated metal ring, with invisible strings," the source was quoted as saying.

Iranian sources said that "it is entirely possible that pigeons were used to spy on the nuclear facility in Natanz." The birds were been handed over to defense officials, their fate is unknown.

The reactor in Natanz is one of the most heavily guarded areas in Iran, surrounded 24 hours a day by anti-aircraft units and infantry troops. The enrichment program stands at the heart of the tensions between Iran

Advertisement   

and the West.

But this is not the first time the Islamic Republic has accused members of the animal kingdom of collaborating with its enemies. Last year the country's media reported that 14 squirrels were arrested for espionage. "The squirrels were equipped with the spy gear of foreign agencies, and were stopped before they could act, thanks to the alertness of our intelligence services," the IRNA news agency wrote.

Iranian police commander Esmaeil Ahmadi-Moqadam confirmed the report at the time.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3611112,00.html
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 07:35:34 PM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
Re: Iran busts pigeon spy ring
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 07:39:12 PM »
 :laugh: :::D

Spying squirrels......

:laugh:
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 08:42:27 PM »
Is this satire?  That just goes to show how crazy the world has become, when somebody can't tell a satire piece.  It sounds like one of those fake news shows.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 08:46:03 PM »

I heard the camels were up to something too.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 08:58:36 PM »
This is funnier than the Death Pigs of Israel, or the death Balloons of Israel... What a bunch of morons...

muman613

http://www.israellycool.com/2007/01/28/more-hot-air/
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/818324.html
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 10:10:34 PM »

I heard the camels were up to something too.

:laugh: :::D :laugh: :::D
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 10:13:46 PM »
I dunno, maybe the IDF has a TOP SECRET Special Ops section for training Pigeons and Squirrels :::D???

Anything is possible I suppose....

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 10:16:30 PM »
I heard about those pesky pigeons.  8;)
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 07:04:04 PM »
I heard about those pesky pigeons.  8;)
Yes I heard about them also and some of their strange activities :o
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 10:39:30 PM »
Actually....

I was talking to a friend who was in the Army, about this article....

He said it could be possible and to remember how they used Pigeons during WW1 or was it WW2?

Squirrels and pigeons are very, very smart and can be trained.

So perhaps this is right on!!!!

;D

anything is possible..
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 11:28:15 PM by ~Hanna~ »
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 10:42:55 PM »

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 11:13:24 PM »
 :::D
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2008, 11:28:53 PM »
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2008, 11:45:28 PM »
Actually....

He said it could be possible and to remember how they used Pigeons during WW1 or was it WW2?

;D

anything is possible..

Hello,

Didn't they use Homing Pigeons in WW2 to deliver messages? This is very different than spy pigeons. Homing pigeons were used to deliver messages from point to point. Pigeons were very useful because they have good memories and can remember how to fly back to their coop. I dont think in WW2 there ever were 'spy' pigeons...

muman613

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_pigeon

WWI
Messenger pigeons were used extensively during World War I. In 1914 during the First Battle of the Marne, the French army had 72 pigeon lofts which advanced with the troops.

The US Army Signal Corps alone used 600 pigeons in France. One of their carrier pigeons, a Black Check [censored] called Cher Ami, was awarded the French "Croix de Guerre with Palm" for heroic service delivering 12 important messages in Verdun. On his final mission in October 1918, he delivered a message despite having been shot through the breast or wing. The crucial message, found in the capsule hanging from a ligament of his shattered leg, saved around 200 US soldiers of the 77th Infantry Division's "Lost Battalion".

WWII
During World War II, the United Kingdom used about 250,000 messenger pigeons. The Dickin Medal, which is the highest possible animal's decoration for valor, was awarded to 32 pigeons, including the United States Army Pigeon Service's G.I. Joe and the Irish pigeon Paddy.

The UK maintained the Air Ministry Pigeon Section in World War II and for a while thereafter. A Pigeon Policy Committee made decisions about the uses of pigeons. The Head of the section, Lea Rayner, reported in 1945 that:

"We can now train pigeons to 'home' to any object on the ground when air-released in the vicinity... Bacteria might be delivered accurately to a target by this means,"
"With the latest developments of explosives and bacterial science I suggest that this possibility should be closely investigated and watched."
"A thousand pigeons, each with a two ounce explosive capsule, landed at intervals on a specific target might be a seriously inconvenient surprise."
The ideas were not taken up by the committee, and in 1948 the UK military stated that pigeons were of no further use.

However, the UK security service MI5 was still concerned about the use of pigeons by enemy forces. In order to prepare countermeasures, they arranged for 100 birds to be looked after by a civilian pigeon fancier, up until 1950.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2008, 11:52:18 PM »
Actually....

;D

anything is possible..

Hello,

Didn't they use Homing Pigeons in WW2 to deliver messages? This is very different than spy pigeons. Homing pigeons were used to deliver messages from point to point. Pigeons were very useful because they have good memories and can remember how to fly back to their coop. I dont think in WW2 there ever were 'spy' pigeons...

muman613

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_pigeon

WWI
Messenger pigeons were used extensively during World War I. In 1914 during the First Battle of the Marne, the French army had 72 pigeon lofts which advanced with the troops.

The US Army Signal Corps alone used 600 pigeons in France. One of their carrier pigeons, a Black Check schmuck called Cher Ami, was awarded the French "Croix de Guerre with Palm" for heroic service delivering 12 important messages in Verdun. On his final mission in October 1918, he delivered a message despite having been shot through the breast or wing. The crucial message, found in the capsule hanging from a ligament of his shattered leg, saved around 200 US soldiers of the 77th Infantry Division's "Lost Battalion".

WWII
During World War II, the United Kingdom used about 250,000 messenger pigeons. The Dickin Medal, which is the highest possible animal's decoration for valor, was awarded to 32 pigeons, including the United States Army Pigeon Service's G.I. Joe and the Irish pigeon Paddy.

The UK maintained the Air Ministry Pigeon Section in World War II and for a while thereafter. A Pigeon Policy Committee made decisions about the uses of pigeons. The Head of the section, Lea Rayner, reported in 1945 that:

"We can now train pigeons to 'home' to any object on the ground when air-released in the vicinity... Bacteria might be delivered accurately to a target by this means,"
"With the latest developments of explosives and bacterial science I suggest that this possibility should be closely investigated and watched."
"A thousand pigeons, each with a two ounce explosive capsule, landed at intervals on a specific target might be a seriously inconvenient surprise."
The ideas were not taken up by the committee, and in 1948 the UK military stated that pigeons were of no further use.

However, the UK security service MI5 was still concerned about the use of pigeons by enemy forces. In order to prepare countermeasures, they arranged for 100 birds to be looked after by a civilian pigeon fancier, up until 1950.

Oh yes, sorry, I MEANT homing pidgeons, I was getting them confused..... :laugh:
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline AryehYehudah

• Senior JTFer
  • Down with Islam, Self-Hating Jews and Jew Haters
    • Arutz Sheva 7 Israel National News
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2008, 04:07:01 AM »
I don't blame them for busting those pigeons, they have lot more in the brain department, then the leaders of Iran.  I hope they execute them promptly.    :laugh:

Offline Cato

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2008, 08:18:20 AM »
Looks like the feathers will be flying..

Offline Sentinel For Truth

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2008, 08:20:17 AM »
How about instead of pigeons and squirrels to Iran, we send 'hawks...

Offline AryehYehudah

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2008, 08:22:47 AM »
How about instead of pigeons and squirrels to Iran, we send 'hawks...

Don't forget to send the eagles and tomcats, with loads of ammunition that is...

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2008, 08:34:38 AM »
What we should worry about is how these pigeons were captured and what torture methods they used in order to make the pigeons talk. I'm sure those poor pigeons were probably converted to islam.

It's incredibly difficult for pigeons and their sanity because their intellect is much higher than the koran.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 02:31:25 PM by Shlomo »
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline AryehYehudah

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2008, 08:46:29 AM »
What we should worry about is how these pigeons were captured and what torture methods they used in order to make the pigeons talk. I'm sure those poor pigeons were probably converted to islam.

It's incredibly difficult for pigeons and their sanity because their intellect is much higher than the koran.

PETA were are you when we need you!!!   :'( :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 02:32:00 PM by Shlomo »

Offline Sentinel For Truth

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2008, 09:31:15 AM »
What we should worry about is how these pigeons were captured and what torture methods they used in order to make the pigeons talk. I'm sure those poor pigeons were probably raped and converted to islam.

The Iranian whackjobs couldn't understand them, they were speaking pigeon english.  They let the squirrels go because they figured they're nuts.

Offline AryehYehudah

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2008, 09:44:47 AM »
Any pidgeon or squirrel that goes to Iran, either has a bird-brain or is nuts!   :laugh:

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2008, 11:53:49 AM »
It means that radioactive bats have successfully accomplished their mission. :laugh:
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2008, 12:33:12 PM »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל