Author Topic: House GOP leader asks Bush to cut off ACORN funds  (Read 1079 times)

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
House GOP leader asks Bush to cut off ACORN funds
« on: October 22, 2008, 07:22:33 PM »
WASHINGTON – House Republican leader John Boehner on Wednesday urged President Bush to block all federal funds to a grass-roots community group that has been accused of voter registration fraud.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081022/ap_on_el_pr/gop_acorn

Offline Sparky

• Senior JTFer
Re: House GOP leader asks Bush to cut off ACORN funds
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 08:39:12 PM »
WASHINGTON – House Republican leader John Boehner on Wednesday urged President Bush to block all federal funds to a grass-roots community group that has been accused of voter registration fraud.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081022/ap_on_el_pr/gop_acorn

:clap:

Offline Roadwarrior

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 08:47:05 PM »
It's good to hear another GOPer talking about ACORN

This could be a winning issue if it was presented right but
Mccain has gone mute on this already ....which is extremely
frustrating

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 02:21:15 PM »
bump

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 02:43:51 PM »
It's good to hear another GOPer talking about ACORN

This could be a winning issue if it was presented right but
Mccain has gone mute on this already ....which is extremely
frustrating

Hi R.W.,

He's had plenty of winning issues and gone mute.....I write to McCain and ask him "are you asleep?"  it's just unbelievable.

"Republican presidential candidate John McCain has asked if ACORN, which he accused of perpetuating voter registration fraud, was "destroying the fabric of democracy." ACORN and other advocacy groups have suggested that Republicans are exaggerating the issue to keep the underprivileged, who tend to vote Democratic, from casting ballots."

That quote was from the above link.  Note he "asked" ACORN was destroying the fabric of democracy.  Duh,,,,,well, yeah.  Why isn't he DEMANDING instead of merely "asking."  If the roles were reversed, we'd hear a lot more commotion about this.  Look what ACORN says in response.  So, it's Whiteys' fault we are keeping them away from casting their votes.

I woke up w/Fox News on  :yuck: and they said the media has such disdain for Sarah Palin and what kind of an effect it had on voters.  So many people have cancelled their subscriptions to newspapers and can't wait to tell them WHY.  This negativity affects voters subliminally if they are hearing it every single day.

I have already cast my vote.  I think Obama ran a better campaign than McCain did.  I still wouldn't have voted for Obama, but I think no matter what McCain does, it backfires on him.  The "report"  :P  I heard this morning said voters like McCain but they hate his running mate. 

I would still like a coherent answer to the "5 possibilities" Biden "marks his words" will happen during the 1st 6 months of an Obama presidency.  If Sarah said that, the media would be all over her.  Biden, just gets a pass.  He just had another brain scan and refuses to make it public.  What if he has to take over as president if G-d forbid he has to take over as president if one of the "tests" Obama goes through in his 1st 6 months of office, leaves him incapacitated in some way.  The American public has a right to know what that brain scan showed  :throw:

ETA:  I don't think Pres. Bush is going to do anything.  He can't wait to leave office and go to his new home in Dallas.