Author Topic: I think I must fast and pray for the next days ahead  (Read 3583 times)

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
Re: I think I must fast and pray for the next days ahead
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2008, 10:55:05 AM »
Look "momofsixbabes", your issues are from another thread. If you want to follow this religion of jesus with rosh hashana and yom kippur, then fine.   You said it was a synagogue and your minister a true jew and a rabbi. That's not fine. Don't expect jews to buy it.

The issue is not the religion you follow..  You can worship a tree for all I care. (not ideal, but I'm not bothered. Crazyness amongst jews is more of a concern)

My message here has not been to gentiles, it's to jews, not to encourage gentiles to write HaShem. Not to teach gentiles the names of G-d, names that should not be spoken in conversation. Not to half encourage them to fast on yom kippur.. and the rest of it   It is this that creates people like your "rabbi" and his confused congregation that call their church a "synagogue". 

Chaim himself has said that the minister you call a rabbi, is not a rabbi.  I'm sure that you don't like that either.

Do see Chaim's response to you in that previous thread where you called your jesus believing leader a rabbi. his response was quite strong - and rightly so.

And you should know, Muman thinks all christians are going to hell. Nobody else does. So I think you should re-adjust your mind a little bit.

It's fine to say let's not debate, but then let's not debate, don't then bring things up expecting a response.

And obviously generally fasting is not a bad thing. As AsheDina said.

I am glad that you are not "legalistic". You are not meant to be. You are not meant to follow jewish law.

We Jews ARE meant to, we are meant to be "legalistic". We don't need to sit around discussing jewish law with christians.  We do our religious things, you do your religious things,   and we work together.

We do have some common stories since we share a bible.  But don't tell us not to be "legalistic", or to look at the bible with you to figure out how we should act.

This of course is not to overshadow the war we face with islam.

q_q I dont think that was her who said that it was YoChana who said that.
http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php/topic,27570.msg291434.html#msg291434

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2008, 10:58:47 AM »
                                                                                                              בס''ד

Gentlemen, you are both good Jews. Please stop arguing.

If I were q_q_, I probably would have sent Muman a private message to express my concerns.

And if I were Muman, I probably would have responded by saying, "Thank you for pointing this out to me. Maybe I was not clear enough."

If we treat each with respect, then even disagreements can lead to greater cooperation.

:clap:
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2008, 11:01:35 AM »
Well said, JewishAmericanPatr.

I believe that fasting and prayer are wonderful ideas and I encourage this. G-d bless you momofsixbabes and ~Hanna~. You have very good hearts.
  THankyou ....
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2008, 11:20:21 AM »
q_q I dont think that was her who said that it was YoChana who said that.
http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php/topic,27570.msg291434.html#msg291434

Thanks for the correction. Though they are essentially coming from a similar place.  YoChanna at least may have realised not to expect jews to accept her terminology.  But momofsixbabes is actually telling jews not to be legalistic. No doubt her minister that gets her to embrace jewish holidays objects to jews following halacha(jewish law).

The point that I made here was that Jews shouldn't be teaching christians all about judaism because it creates this kind of merged mess. Messianic congregations that attract jews, e.t.c.

Of course, for the sake of others i'll have to repeat. This should not deflect us from our war against islam.

Offline JewishAmericanPatriot

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2008, 12:12:37 PM »
Gott in Himmel we need to stop fighting amongst ourselves and unite against the COMMON FOE. After 11/4 there might not BE a United States of America for us to speak this openly in!

G-d fearing Jews and G-d fearing Christians all must unite to fight this piece of garbage named Barack HUSSEIN Obama/Barry Soetoro/Barry Dunham/whatever other aliases this filth has been known by.

VIGILANCE IS THE PRICE OF LIBERTY!
JOIN THE ANTI-OBAMA RESISTANCE!

America's Last Stand: http://americaslaststand.angelfire.com

SAVAGE INGRATITUDE: http://www.savageingratitude.com

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2008, 12:35:19 PM »
Gott in Himmel we need to stop fighting amongst ourselves and unite against the COMMON FOE. After 11/4 there might not BE a United States of America for us to speak this openly in!

G-d fearing Jews and G-d fearing Christians all must unite to fight this piece of garbage named Barack HUSSEIN Obama/Barry Soetoro/Barry Dunham/whatever other aliases this filth has been known by.

VIGILANCE IS THE PRICE OF LIBERTY!

I AGREE------>>PRAY. PRAY. PRAY. PLEASE PRAY.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2008, 12:49:25 PM »
q_q_,

You misrepresented me once again. Though judging from your posting habits I dont find this unusual. You claim that "muman believes christians are gong to hell"... I invite anyone to show me that I believe this...

The fact of the matter is that in a thread where we were discussing Ann Coulter who said that "Jews are imperfected Christians" I made a comment that sometimes I feel like saying that people who don't believe in one G-d are going to the dark place. I said this, obviously because my feelings were hurt, and not because I truly believe this. I know and work with many righteous gentiles and there is no way I believe that they are not going to be rewarded in Olam Haba. So to take my post which I clarified several times in that thread and re-hash it to represent me as a hater of non-Jews is disingenuous.

Regarding whether I am influencing non-Jews to observe Jewish customs it is clear. I don't think that non-Jews should perform Jewish customs or learn the names of our G-d. But there is also a mission Jews are on to be a light onto the nations. This involves living and learning and teaching our ways. As I said in other posts I have worked with many people {through my synagogue and my local minyan} who have gone through Orthodox conversions and I know that some non-Jewish souls have a longing to be a part of the Jewish people. I am not going around trying to convert everyone but I do think that we should be listening when people are interested.

I am against messianic churchs and against the mixing of Christian elements into Jewish ideology. I am also very against missionising. But I am not going to say that it is wrong for a non-Jew to do things which they believe will satisfy the will of the L-rd. I quoted the example from the story of Jonah where a whole nation of gentiles were saved because they fasted and prayed.

To everyone outside of this little machlokes I apologize. I am a strong-headed individual and Im a smart guy. I have learned to not step down from a battle because in doing so you lose respect. At first I tried to deal nicely with q_q_ and learned that he didn't heed my words of kindness. So what is a man to do? I have to deal harshly when he deals harshly with me. I am very sorry that this thread has devolved into this.

I was accused of suggesting that non-Jews fast on Yom Kippur, yet I never said that. I was accused of suggesting that Jews perform the mitzvahs and observances of Jewishs life, yet I never said that. All I did was affirm that it may be beneficial for anyone to beseech the L-rd for compassion and mercy and providence that Obama not become president. For this q_q_ wants to argue... I know that the more mature individuals reading this know who is right.

muman613

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2008, 12:56:22 PM »
This is tough because we have so many good people here but I have to say something. The fighting is getting out of hand and we need unity in order to achieve our goals.

muman,

Handle these types of things in private. I do not want petty bickering on the forum. You are supposed to be an example. I'm not sure why you continue to egg these things on. Please help me.

q_q_,

I don't know how else to say this but you come off sounding elitist and I'm afraid you are going to turn members off or give the impression that JTF has something against our wonderful gentile members. This might be the case on the splinter forums but it's not the case here. We love righteous people no matter who they are. Rabbi Kahane taught us to be kind to non-Jewish people and befriended many including a Catholic priest who was a dear friend. I'm sure you've heard some of this from reading his books or listening to his programs.

Even if they wanted to fast on Yom Kippur, who cares? It's not like they are going to do some type of harm or even be able to perform Yom Kippur the exact way we are commanded to. Gentiles are allowed to fast on which ever day they wish. This is not a restriction for them in the Noahide laws and it's silly to go on about it - especially since it had nothing to do with Yom Kippur. It comes off just sounding insulting and arrogant - even though I understand that's not your intention. They don't understand why you are saying this or about people who are non-Jewish attempting to do Shabbat so it comes off very smug and elitist and I know that's not what you intended or want.

We all really need to be careful and understanding. I also don't want attacks or bashing on their religious beliefs. This isn't the place and they love Israel and only wish to help. It's cruel to accept help from our wonderful Christian members and then turn around and tell them "you don't care if they worship a tree". Understandably, as Jews, we reject some of their beliefs but we don't have to be harsh and cruel about it.

They speak like this over on the splinter forum but I will not allow our Christian members to be attacked. We need UNITY in order to become success and become a mass movement. I love and care about them and they are trying to join us in order to help save this planet. Let's focus on the muslim nazis (like obama) and show a little more respect and kindness towards those who believe differently than you. We are supposed to be a light to the nations... not just the Jews. We have a responsibility to act with kindness and understanding. We have a responsibility to emulate the Creator.

momofsixbabes,

We have a difference here in religious belief and that's going to happen from time to time. We do the things that G-d commands us (the Laws in the Torah) because G-d commands us to and commands us for every generation. I just wanted to explain. We believe that G-d is kind and wouldn't give us commandments that we could not achieve. We strive to do these things out of love and awe of our magnificent and majestic Creator because we understand that G-d is one and that He's perfect. I hope that helps.

-Shlomo
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2008, 09:50:36 PM »
This is tough because we have so many good people here but I have to say something. The fighting is getting out of hand and we need unity in order to achieve our goals.

muman,

Handle these types of things in private. I do not want petty bickering on the forum. You are supposed to be an example. I'm not sure why you continue to egg these things on. Please help me.

q_q_,

I don't know how else to say this but you come off sounding elitist and I'm afraid you are going to turn members off or give the impression that JTF has something against our wonderful gentile members. This might be the case on the splinter forums but it's not the case here. We love righteous people no matter who they are. Rabbi Kahane taught us to be kind to non-Jewish people and befriended many including a Catholic priest who was a dear friend. I'm sure you've heard some of this from reading his books or listening to his programs.

Even if they wanted to fast on Yom Kippur, who cares? It's not like they are going to do some type of harm or even be able to perform Yom Kippur the exact way we are commanded to. Gentiles are allowed to fast on which ever day they wish. This is not a restriction for them in the Noahide laws and it's silly to go on about it - especially since it had nothing to do with Yom Kippur. It comes off just sounding insulting and arrogant - even though I understand that's not your intention. They don't understand why you are saying this or about people who are non-Jewish attempting to do Shabbat so it comes off very smug and elitist and I know that's not what you intended or want.

We all really need to be careful and understanding. I also don't want attacks or bashing on their religious beliefs. This isn't the place and they love Israel and only wish to help. It's cruel to accept help from our wonderful Christian members and then turn around and tell them "you don't care if they worship a tree". Understandably, as Jews, we reject some of their beliefs but we don't have to be harsh and cruel about it.

They speak like this over on the splinter forum but I will not allow our Christian members to be attacked. We need UNITY in order to become success and become a mass movement. I love and care about them and they are trying to join us in order to help save this planet. Let's focus on the muslim nazis (like obama) and show a little more respect and kindness towards those who believe differently than you. We are supposed to be a light to the nations... not just the Jews. We have a responsibility to act with kindness and understanding. We have a responsibility to emulate the Creator.

momofsixbabes,

We have a difference here in religious belief and that's going to happen from time to time. We do the things that G-d commands us (the Laws in the Torah) because G-d commands us to and commands us for every generation. I just wanted to explain. We believe that G-d is kind and wouldn't give us commandments that we could not achieve. We strive to do these things out of love and awe of our magnificent and majestic Creator because we understand that G-d is one and that He's perfect. I hope that helps.

-Shlomo

What I will do is stop responding directly to muman..  To stop quoting him and responding to him. (I only respond usually to discuss/argue a point, and we cannot communicate)

And I think it would be a good idea if he doesn't quote me, so as to respond to me.

Most insult has been in direct communication between myself and muman.

Though you didn't really criticise my communication there..

You think I said something or gave the impression of being against gentiles.

note- i'm not offended by you thinking that.

Shlomo, there isn't a single thing I have said that is against christians or christianity. I have even spoken in defence of Ann Coulter over her famous comments.

There is not a single example in this thread or any other of be being against gentiles, on the contrary. In every case.. I have been very supportive of them.

You bring up the tree example. 

You completely misunderstood it.

Infact, I don't see anybody else quoting it and calling me out on it. If they found it offensive then they should have.

And funnily enough, the tree example is precisely the same PRO gentile point that I am making with it. The same point that defends Ann Coulter.

I don't care what somebody believes or who they worship.  Initially I had in mind saying that I don't mind if  she worships satan.  In no way would that have suggested that jesus was satan.  My point is that she can worship or believe whatever she wants.

And this is entirely in line with JTF who support RIGHTEOUS gentiles. Righteous , whether religious or not, and regardless of religion. They can be Hindu or Christian or Atheist or worship a speaker.

Regarding fasting on yom kippur.
I did say that by judaism's standards, they shouldn't be fasting on yom kippur for the sake of it being yom kippur..  (Meaning she shouldn't expect jews to accept that aspect of her behaviour as true and right, and jews should know that judaism doesn't want that of gentiles).

There are many things I have heard that support gentiles not following our torah.

The Torah is described as our inheritance and our betrothed, and there is a commentary I read that said that this means that were we to teach it to gentiles, we would be making them like thieves and adulterers.

(there is disagreement over what aspects of torah they are even permitted to learn. Some say nothing, others say the opening chapters of genesis only, because that relates to the noachide laws.  )

It's quite a natural and non-controversial point to say that jewish law , which as we know, actions  on jewish festivals are based on..  Jewish law is for jews.
And from judaism's perspective, it doesn't make sense for gentiles to keep it.
And the controversial aspect, that it's not allowed, is not controverisla at all, it's backed up by that thing I mentioned.. about the torah being our inheritance and our betrothed. Even teaching it to them is limited. For example, no oral law.
And to make it a little worse, I vaguely recall that fasting on Yom Kippur, is based on oral tradition.  The written law just says you shall afflict yourselves.

My point though, is a far more timely one.  The phenomena of jews for jesus, which we see so strongly in our times, is encouraged by jews encouraging christians to "embrace" bits of judaism. Jews -have- to know this.
This is a point to jews rather than an objection to what she does.

And the point is extremely relevant to recent forum activity.. particularly in this thread.

I'll have you know that mumofsixbabes has already PMed me to tell me I am the devil.

We have many many level-headed serious and intelligent christian members.  We don't need to worry if a few mentally unstable people get turned off.

I can tell you that most of the time, everybody understands me. I'm VERY clear!

(infact, I think you only misunderstood me regarding the tree comment, as a subconscious effort!  In order to give a balanced criticism to everybody including me)

I will avoid sounding elitist by not continuously quoting/responding directly, to those that can't deal with the power of my logic. This does stifle debate though. And if I do sound elitist, you have to remember, i'm British, and there are people here that can't even spell!!!!! ;-)

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2008, 10:02:04 PM »

muman,

q_q_,

momofsixbabes,

-Shlomo

Amen, we need unity here.....
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל