Author Topic: Berg taking case to the Supreme Court - Judge Surrick dismissed the case  (Read 1282 times)

Offline Roadwarrior

• Pro JTFer
Surrick said Berg didn't have "standing" so he dismissed the
case on procedural grounds .....

It's not over yet .....

http://obamacrimes.com/

Press Release: Berg v. Obama dismissed - Berg appealing to U. S. Supreme Court

Saturday, 25 October 2008
Philip J. Berg is Appealing to the U.S. Supreme Court as Obama is "NOT" qualified to be President of the United States Lawsuit Against Obama Dismissed from Philadelphia Federal Court

UPDATE: Ruling attached at end. It's a really poor copy, but it is all we have for the moment. Willl put up a better copy when we get one.

(Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania – 10/25/08) - Philip J. Berg, Esquire, the Attorney who filed suit against Barack H. Obama challenging Senator Obama’s lack of “qualifications” to serve as President of the United States, announced today that he is immediately appealing the dismissal of his case to the United States Supreme Court. The case is Berg v. Obama, No. 08-cv-04083.

Berg said, "I am totally disappointed by Judge Surrick's decision and, for all citizens of the United States, I am immediately appealing to the U.S. Supreme Court.

This is a question of who has standing to uphold our Constitution. If I don't have standing, if you don't have standing, if your neighbor doesn't have standing to question the eligibility of an individual to be President of the United States - the Commander-in-Chief, the most powerful person in the world - then who does?

So, anyone can just claim to be eligible for congress or the presidency without having their legal status, age or citizenship questioned.

According to Judge Surrick, we the people have no right to police the eligibility requirements under the U.S. Constitution.

What happened to ‘...Government of the people, by the people, for the people,...’ Abraham Lincoln in his Gettysburg Address 1863.

We must legally prevent Obama, the unqualified candidate, from taking the Office of the Presidency of the United States,” Berg said.

Our website obamacrimes.com now has 71.8 + million hits. We are urging all to spread the word of our website – and forward to your local newspapers and radio and TV stations.

Berg again stressed his position regarding the urgency of this case as, “we” the people, are heading to a “Constitutional Crisis” if this case is not resolved forthwith.

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
Re: Berg taking case to the Supreme Court - Judge Surrick dismissed the case
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 08:37:38 PM »
"According to Judge Surrick, we the people have no right to police the eligibility requirements under the U.S. Constitution."

YES WE DO.  When a Presidential candidate cannot produce a certified copy of a birth certificate, we can police "eligibility requirements," and this is why I am always writing to the FBI, Homeland Security, the Elections Commissions.  This is John McCain's job, not mine.  See why I hate this election?

What kind of a ruling is this?  This can go to a higher court.

I'm sending our candidate this.  I don't suppose he'll do anything either 'cos he's skeeeered :throw:

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 08:50:35 PM »
That judge is an idiot.....urgh.

I hope Berg does NOT give up.....he seems rather tenacious, which is a good thing here....
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Roadwarrior

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 09:25:56 PM »
Surrick took Constitutional Law at Dickenson College in the early 1960s
and forgot every bit of it.   

He said that Berg didn't have "Standing" ...
a legal term meaning he wasnt injured in any way.
This was the same as the Obama Team argument

By invoking a legalism,  he overlooked a much higher value and goal,
of supporting and defending the US Constitution.
He took an oath to Support and Defend the Constitution.

This myopic judge trampled and undermined the Constitution with his dismissal of the case on a technicality ......

The entire country is injured if the Constitution
is circumvented and the Presidential Eligibility Requirement
is dismissed as a triviality as Surrick did in fact do.

Two Oaths that Federal Judges Take

I, Mortimer Snerd do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will administer justice without respect to persons, and do equal right to the poor and to the rich, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform all the duties incumbent upon me as Mortermer Snerd under the Constitution and laws of the United States. So help me G-d.

I, Mortimer Snerd do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me G-d.

Offline Roadwarrior

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 09:50:13 PM »
"According to Judge Surrick, we the people have no right to police the eligibility requirements under the U.S. Constitution."

YES WE DO.  When a Presidential candidate cannot produce a certified copy of a birth certificate, we can police "eligibility requirements," and this is why I am always writing to the FBI, Homeland Security, the Elections Commissions.  This is John McCain's job, not mine.  See why I hate this election?

I'm sending our candidate this.  I don't suppose he'll do anything either 'cos he's skeeeered :throw:

Another option is to make an FOIA - Freedom of Information Act request
to the Department of State - Passport division requesting
the disclosure of his Passport File ....

Of course they will delay forever or else say there is a Privacy Exemption ....

The burden of proof is on Obama to prove he is a Natural Born US
Citizen.   His refusal to release of a copy of his original
Birth Certificate
leads to understandable speculation that he is
hiding something very damaging to his campaign

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 10:04:09 PM »

Birth Certificate

Oh yeah, they will take months for a response to that, unless a Senator from somewhere calls them or sends them a letter or something.....and breathes down their necks and then they might do that faster...

Ya gotta play the bureaucracy games....
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Roadwarrior

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 10:57:24 PM »

Birth Certificate

Oh yeah, they will take months for a response to that, unless a Senator from somewhere calls them or sends them a letter or something.....and breathes down their necks and then they might do that faster...

You're right...  bureaucracies can be very frustrating...
and you spend a lot of time on hold ...

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 12:58:36 AM »

Birth Certificate

You're right...  bureaucracies can be very frustrating...
and you spend a lot of time on hold ...

Yeah, you have to contact bigwhigs (like Senators) get them in your corner and send them after your opponent, basically.....

Sometimes you have to also use the media in any way, shape or form, such as JTF is doing......

The squeaky wheel syndrome....you keep squeaking, until someone listens.....
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Roadwarrior

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 01:13:03 PM »
SOMETHING IS VERY FISHY .....
This was in Surrick's ruling ....in the Notes

This DOES NOT sound like a legal ruling made by a Judge.

It sounds a Political Talking Point/Value Judgement/argument that would be
made by an Obama surrogate/Lawyer.

"Plaintiff would have us derail the democratic process by invalidating a candidate for whom millions of people voted," Surrick states, "and who underwent excessive vetting during what was one of the most hotly contested presidential primary [sic] in living memory."