Author Topic: Where do I find the Ask Judea and Ask Yesha shows?  (Read 965 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Where do I find the Ask Judea and Ask Yesha shows?
« on: October 27, 2008, 05:33:07 PM »
Are there links to these shows on this site?  I was looking earlier and I didn't see them.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Where do I find the Ask Judea and Ask Yesha shows?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 05:41:13 PM »
Ask Judea- at the Torah section.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 05:51:02 PM »
Ask Yesha is in  "Ask Posters Show Threads" 
takes various questions largely on politics

Ask Judea is in the Torah Section.  Really just for jews, he discusses Torah.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 05:58:54 PM »

Chaim suggested I ask him some of my Torah questions so I don't know if it's ok after your post. Is the show just for Jews to ask questions? I have a lot of Bible questions that I haven't gotten around to asking.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 06:01:09 PM »

Chaim suggested I ask him some of my Torah questions so I don't know if it's ok after your post. Is the show just for Jews to ask questions? I have a lot of Bible questions that I haven't gotten around to asking.

That's fine..

Alot of the questions though will have answers that won't be relevant to you because of their coverage. As you would see just looking at them.

The answer to your question will be relevant to you,  no prob in asking him.
People ask biblical questions sometimes..  No problem at all.

You can ask your questions, a max of 5. It's a good idea to ask them comsecutively so you don't have to jump around the audio to find them.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 07:04:48 PM »
I'm always interested in learning more about different religions so even if it wouldn't be relevant to me if the questions looked interesting I'd probably listen to all of it.

I usually listen to all of Chaim's program.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 09:14:35 PM »
I'm always interested in learning more about different religions so even if it wouldn't be relevant to me if the questions looked interesting I'd probably listen to all of it.

Previous shows have had some complex questions.. This one may be of more interest to you than previous ones

judea's has areas of expertise that questions focus on, and the people questioning don't normally ask him about the basics.  No harm in giving it a try.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 09:55:03 PM »

Previous shows have had some complex questions.. This one may be of more interest to you than previous ones

judea's has areas of expertise that questions focus on, and the people questioning don't normally ask him about the basics.  No harm in giving it a try.

I found a Web site a while back that claimed that there are two competing names for God in the Bible and one of them was supposedly stolen from the native canaanites and I'd like to ask about this Web site's claims (which I don't agree with) but I wanted to discuss them with someone so they could explain why they were wrong, but I don't think it'd be appropriate to actually say God's name on the forum because of the high respect that has to be shown to God's name. So I don't know how to phrase my question.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 11:16:51 PM »
Rubystars.. Since you ask

this is largely because any translation completely loses the name of G-d that is used.

translations should really put the name used in brackets. But they don't.

the scholarly way of finding the meaning of any word studying all its uses. Through a concordance.

But with a translation you can't really do that seriously. Like looking for all occurrences of the word G-d, when a few hebrew words are used for it.

I haven't looked into it in depth myself, but apparently there tends to be one name used when G-d is showing mercy.. judgement. They denote various attributes.

These two sites may help.

The mechon-mamre site is very reliable.
based on core texts.

wikipedia is pretty good of course.

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/jewfaq/name.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_God_in_Judaism