Author Topic: cult of celebrity and trivia  (Read 488 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
cult of celebrity and trivia
« on: October 29, 2008, 04:48:44 PM »
It is perhaps the greatest of all tragedies that Americans worhip Brad and Angelina (ym"sh to both of them) than they worship G-d.  The muslims who have declared war upon us worship their false god and their false pedophile prophet.  They wage war for the sake of their god. 

How can America expect to prevail when the media keeps people distracted with stories of celebrity behaviour?  In 1997, when princess Diana was killed, America went into mourning.  I sat and wondered why anyone would care about this.  Why is this even remotely important?  It's not, but that's what Americans have been reduced to. 

The people who are voting for Obama cannot think critically.  Their minds are saturated with trivia.  I don't know what the answer is.  I've never before seen so many people who are willfully blind to the perils that face them.

We do have to wake up.  And that means realizing that much of what we see in our daily media is trivial.  We need to learn not to pay attention to it.  Because we become voyeuristic, if we are not careful we can end up sacrificing our souls to the mundane and irrelevant.