Author Topic: A Referendum on the Existence of America  (Read 570 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
A Referendum on the Existence of America
« on: November 03, 2008, 12:48:13 PM »
I heard a great quote the other night, which makes total sense to me.  "There is no such thing as Left wing or Right wing.  There is only Left wing and American."

This is so true.  Any honest Left winger will tell you that he hates America.  And so I'm willing to bet that you won't find too many people who are voting for Obama who say that they love America.

This is no longer merely an election.  I think we all know this.  It's much more serious than that.  The implicit question that people will have to answer in the voting booth is "Do I love or hate America?".  That is one of the reasons why this election is so frightening.  We will know by Tuesday night whether the majority of Americans actually love their country.

If Americans decide on Tuesday that they do not love America, Obama will have a mandate (a mandate given to him by Americans) to dismantle America.  And then we will have an uphill battle trying to convince the people why they should love America again.

That is one of the main reasons why this election is so important.  I know this analysis is bleak, but I think it is accurate.  Do Americans want America?  And if not, why not?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 03:48:52 PM by zachor_ve_kavod »

Offline Sparky

• Senior JTFer
Re: A Referendum on the Existence of America
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 01:41:43 PM »
I heard a great quote the other night, which makes total sense to me.  "There is no such thing as Left wing or Right wing.  There is only Left wing and American."

This is so true.  Any honest Left winger will tell you that he hates America.  And so I'm willing to bet that you won't find too many people who are voting for Obama who say that the love America.

This is no longer merely an election.  I think we all know this.  It's much more serious than that.  The implicit question that people will have to answer in the voting booth is "Do I love or hate America?".  That is one of the reasons why this election is so frightening.  We will know by Tuesday night whether the majority of Americans actually love their country.

If Americans decide on Tuesday that they do not love America, Obama will have a mandate (a mandate given to him by Americans) to dismantle America.  And then we will have an uphill battle trying to convince the people why they should love America again.

That is one of the main reasons why this election is so important.  I know this analysis is bleak, but I think it is accurate.  Do Americans want America?  And if not, why not?

Perfectly stated.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: A Referendum on the Existence of America
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 02:01:01 PM »
it was supposedly david letterman.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein