Author Topic: We have no right to despair.  (Read 2843 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
We have no right to despair.
« on: November 05, 2008, 01:02:11 AM »
Jewish power is a sanctification of G-d's Holy Name.  Jewish weakness is a desecration of His Holy name.  Who are we to desecrate G-d's name?  There are too many Jews who do that already.  Rabbi Kahane never allowed himself to despair; he always approached each and every challenge with his fists clenched, ready to fight for his people.  Let that be an example to us. 

The fighters in the Warsaw ghetto did not allow themselves to despair.  They fought until the end, and for every nazi that they killed, they saved hundreds of Jewish lives.  Let that be an example to us.

Noam Federman and the Jewish heroes who built their homes on Jewish land have not allowed themselves to despair.  They face tremendous opposition from other Jews!  Their homes are destroyed by Jewish leaders, and yet they go back to those areas and rebuild.  They know their purpose.  Let that be an example to us.

The JDL heroes did not allow themselves to despair, when for decades they tried and tried to free Soviet Jews.  They fought against impossible odds, against a powerful Soviet government that was seemingly immovable.  They fought against a Jewish establishment that could not care less about the struggles of their brothers and sisters in the Soviet Union.  They fought and they prevailed.  Let that be an example to us.

Every day there are young Jewish people, who despite their secular upbringing are learning about the wonders of the Torah.  They are learning how good it is to be Jewish.  I know because I was one of these young people until I heard Rabbi Kahane.  This is perhaps the greatest Jewish victory of all--that young people are beginning to realize what a blessing the Torah is and what a gift it is to be able to call oneself Jewish.

Christians, real Christians, righteous Christians, have embraced the Jewish people and the state of Israel.  Could our grandparents have imagined such a thing?  This is a miracle.  Truly, G-d is for us.  But He does not make things easy for us.  These times are not easy and are not going to be easy for us. 

We have to show that we have some faith.  We cannot do that if we despair.  Hope and fear are essentially the same thing.  Despair is the difference between them.  Are we going to face the fights ahead with fear and reluctance and weakness?  Or are we going to face these battles with hope and faith and strength?

I choose to fight with courage and honour, and above all with faith in G-d.  And I want my JTF brothers and sisters to do the same.  Let us focus and regroup.  Let us plan and execute.  Our fellow Jews need us, whether they know it or not.

Can we count on you to put aside your disappointment and prepare with us for the battles ahead?

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
Re: We have no right to despair.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 01:17:52 AM »
Amen to this, Amen.....!
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 02:25:33 AM »
Amen to this, Amen.....!

I'm glad at least someone agrees with me.  I don't like what I'm seeing on this forum.  There is too much doom and gloom.  My parents were secularists but at least they taught me to fight.

Offline Ronen Levi Yitzchak Segal

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 08:46:24 AM »
Baruch Hashem - this is the most beautiful reaction I could have imagined.  I don't know about every other person on this forum, but on Rosh Hashana which was only about 37 days ago, I made it clear:  Hashem Himslef is my only king.  And he has annoited moshiach to be over us.  The Jews are above mazalos!

King David wonders in tehilim "What can man do to me?"

A Jew receives his blessings from Hashem himself and this entire 1938 years since the destruction of our holy Temple, may it be speedily rebuilt, Jews have made one thing clear to their non-Jews neighbors - you are not in charge of us and you do not tell us what to do.

We have a holy Torah from G-d Himself and our rabbis, they are our leaders.

As the Breslover would say - you need not despair - you can not despair!  Happiness is the only option when it comes to serving G-d.

I just visted my second shiva house in less than 2 weeks in  small town in New Jersey (Livingston).  Personally, I am so grateful to be alive.  I can still doven, learn torah, and be a proud Jew, even here.

May G-d Almighty lead us down the path of true servitude to Him alone.  May we all, as Jews and non-Jews alike, relaize that there is only one Supreme Being in this universe and it is our job to praise him always - for what we preceive is good and for the opposite.

G-d bless.  Have a great day!  Today at minyon, there was very little chi-is!  Jews, why do you despair?!?  Do you think Hashem has forgotten all of our holy tzadkim served him perfectly?  Surely, He has not.  Be happy!

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 10:31:51 AM »
Baruch Hashem - this is the most beautiful reaction I could have imagined.  I don't know about every other person on this forum, but on Rosh Hashana which was only about 37 days ago, I made it clear:  Hashem Himslef is my only king.  And he has annoited moshiach to be over us.  The Jews are above mazalos!

King David wonders in tehilim "What can man do to me?"

A Jew receives his blessings from Hashem himself and this entire 1938 years since the destruction of our holy Temple, may it be speedily rebuilt, Jews have made one thing clear to their non-Jews neighbors - you are not in charge of us and you do not tell us what to do.

We have a holy Torah from G-d Himself and our rabbis, they are our leaders.

As the Breslover would say - you need not despair - you can not despair!  Happiness is the only option when it comes to serving G-d.

I just visted my second shiva house in less than 2 weeks in  small town in New Jersey (Livingston).  Personally, I am so grateful to be alive.  I can still doven, learn torah, and be a proud Jew, even here.

May G-d Almighty lead us down the path of true servitude to Him alone.  May we all, as Jews and non-Jews alike, relaize that there is only one Supreme Being in this universe and it is our job to praise him always - for what we preceive is good and for the opposite.

G-d bless.  Have a great day!  Today at minyon, there was very little chi-is!  Jews, why do you despair?!?  Do you think Hashem has forgotten all of our holy tzadkim served him perfectly?  Surely, He has not.  Be happy!

Thank you Ronen,

Your courage and faith should be an inspiration to everyone here.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 12:31:17 PM »
Shalom Zachor_Ve_Kavod & RLYS,

I am reminded of the Shabbos table song Kol HaOlam Kulo. This song comes from Breslov Rabbi Nachmans famous words.

Kol HaOlam Kulo
Gesher Tzar Me'Od
Veha'ikar lo lifached k'lal

translated this means:

The whole world is a very narrow bridge
and the main thing is to have no fear at all

We survive because it is Hashems will for us to survive.

He is the source of all blessing {BARUCH ATA!}

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 05:27:56 PM »
Shalom Zachor_Ve_Kavod & RLYS,

I am reminded of the Shabbos table song Kol HaOlam Kulo. This song comes from Breslov Rabbi Nachmans famous words.

Kol HaOlam Kulo
Gesher Tzar Me'Od
Veha'ikar lo lifached k'lal

translated this means:

The whole world is a very narrow bridge
and the main thing is to have no fear at all

We survive because it is Hashems will for us to survive.

He is the source of all blessing {BARUCH ATA!}

muman613

Thank you Muman.  Baruch Ata.

It does however seem like I'm preaching to the converted.  You and Ronen and Hana seem to be three people who would never allow themselves to despair and always at least try to keep a level head and approach things constructively.  I would like to see some of the other members get past their disappointment, focus, and get down to business.  I would like to know that they know that to mire oneself in self pity is not only unconstructive, it can lead to a breach of faith.

This is not to suggest that I am accusing anyone of having a lack of faith, only that despair is destructive.  It can divide us from G-d.

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 05:39:58 PM »
This is not to suggest that I am accusing anyone of having a lack of faith, only that despair is destructive.  It can divide us from G-d.

i love what you have written here.  we have to get over what happened and get on with our lives.  we will stand up and fight if Obama governs inappropriately.  we will not stay silent.  we will live our lives knowing this is G-d's plan for us and we will survive.  do not give up on life just because Obama got elected.  everyone is watching those idiot liberals.  when they overreach, which they will, there will be a backlash from the American people.  we have to be strong and stand up and fight. 

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 05:43:09 PM »

i love what you have written here.  we have to get over what happened and get on with our lives.  we will stand up and fight if Obama governs inappropriately.  we will not stay silent.  we will live our lives knowing this is G-d's plan for us and we will survive.  do not give up on life just because Obama got elected.  everyone is watching those idiot liberals.  when they overreach, which they will, there will be a backlash from the American people.  we have to be strong and stand up and fight. 

Thank you.  If we can turn a bad situation into something positive, think of the significance of that!

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 05:56:07 PM »

Thank you.  If we can turn a bad situation into something positive, think of the significance of that!

zach, i am totally with you here.  we can't walk around with our heads hung in shame.  stand up and fight, and know in our hearts and minds, we have not been abandoned by G-d.  we will form groups and fight back when Obama and his clan overreach, which is a given.  we will come out of this mess stronger and our lives will have deeper meaning.  this is a heartbreak but we must pick ourselves up so we can think straight again.  idiots like John Kerry are trying to muscle their way into Obama's cabinet.  Every move they make, we must criticize and make our voices heard.  You can't do that if you are moping around in despair.  we have to help make our party stronger.

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2008, 06:11:07 PM »
We all need to lick our wounds today.  But we must move on.  We are still blessed to have JTF, where we can voice our concerns. 

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2008, 06:12:04 PM »
While I agree with this, I am in mourning, I lost a great lady that I loved with all of my heart- Her name was America, so please be considerate of those who are mourning her death.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 06:17:18 PM »
While I agree with this, I am in mourning, I lost a great lady that I loved with all of my heart- Her name was America, so please be considerate of those who are mourning her death.

Hi AsheDina,

Your statement reminds me of Ethics of the Fathers {Pirkie Avos} Mishnah 4:18 which reads:

4:18. Rabbi Shimon the son of Elazar would say: Do not appease your friend at the height of his anger; do not comfort him while his dead still lies before him; do not ask him about his vow the moment he makes it; and do not endeavor to see him at the time of his degradation.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2008, 06:18:43 PM »
Zachor_ve_kavod,

You have much wisdom and this was a beautiful thread.

It makes me proud of the members of JTF and how incredible they truly are.

I am making this post a sticky. I hope that everyone reads it.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2008, 06:27:07 PM »
it's time to pick ourselves up and move on.  we have no time to mourn.  we've been in mourning too long.  we have to be alert.  we have to watch Obama, ACORN and the rest of the trash, who will inhabit congress and the White House, and call them on every single wrong move they make.  

talk radio is offering therapy sessions for those who need it.  Sean Hannity and
77 WABC AM has everyone on that station, i.e., Rush, Bob Grant, Mark Levin, et al. 

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2008, 06:46:41 PM »

America is not lost.  Not yet anyway.  We have to fight his agenda precisely so that America will not be lost.

Thank you Shlomo, by the way.

Offline tykus1

• New JTFer
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2008, 09:21:51 PM »
We can be disappointed, but let this be the incentive to fight to overcome and attain victory over those who are evil!  Although it may appear that this is a hopeless situation, IT IS NOT!  G_D will ultimately bless those who continue to do good and fight against evil.  However, we must be prepared for difficult times, possiby horrific events ahead!  Do what must be done, hold your heads up high and be on-guard!  Continue to educate yourselves with the truth.  Learn as much as possible about our enemies!  Words are very powerful weapons.  Let's use them to our advantage.

G_D be with us, and bless us!

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2008, 09:53:52 PM »
NYC was able to recover from Dinkins. Can the United States do the same in four years from now?
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline FreeThehomeLand

• New JTFer
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2008, 02:20:49 PM »
in a way i actually think this can work out for the best.  Hear me out first this defeat of the republicans will force them to steer closer to conservatism and may foster new conservative republicans.  Also i feel with john McCain Israel would have been forced to make peace with the PLO terrorist slowly and since its the republicans it would have had a better chance to succeed but with obama he will try to hard to appease the terrorist and destroy Israel which will blow up in his face.  Therefore, this will hopefully wake the Jews in Israel and around the world to wake up and do the right thing.  I hope this is not just positive thinking on my part

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2008, 02:28:54 PM »
in a way i actually think this can work out for the best. Hear me out first this defeat of the republicans will force them to steer closer to conservatism and may foster new conservative republicans. Also i feel with john McCain Israel would have been forced to make peace with the PLO terrorist slowly and since its the republicans it would have had a better chance to succeed but with obama he will try to hard to appease the terrorist and destroy Israel which will blow up in his face. Therefore, this will hopefully wake the Jews in Israel and around the world to wake up and do the right thing. I hope this is not just positive thinking on my part

You could be right about McCain, but with Osama, I have to disagree.
Well, to an extent.
The whole US will be breathing on Israel's back to jump off that cliff.
Perhaps after she has landed on hard ground, maybe then Israel will rise like in the six day war.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2008, 05:26:53 PM »

America is not lost.  Not yet anyway.  We have to fight his agenda precisely so that America will not be lost.

Thank you Shlomo, by the way.

NEVER.

We will fight our enemy. 

Offline 2honest

• Senior JTFer
  • MayIsraelPrevail
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2008, 06:03:34 AM »
Zachor, you are completely right.

There is no reason to be discouraged. Obama had the most money and the media was on his side.
So basically the superior candidate has won. Wow, what a surprise.

As I already wrote in another sticky topic, his precidency could possibly be a boost for our movement.

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2008, 12:57:27 AM »
Zachor, you are completely right.

There is no reason to be discouraged. Obama had the most money and the media was on his side.
So basically the superior candidate has won. Wow, what a surprise.

As I already wrote in another sticky topic, his precidency could possibly be a boost for our movement.

You bring up a really good point.  It is an unfortunate fact that the worse things get, the better we will do.  If America and Israel were both righteous and lived by G-d and protected their people and their interests, we would not need to be here to spread our message.