Author Topic: California Voters Pass Ban on Gay Marriage  (Read 1837 times)

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
California Voters Pass Ban on Gay Marriage
« on: November 05, 2008, 07:04:50 PM »
California voters pass Proposition 8, overturning a state Supreme Court decision that granted gay couples the right to wed.

Finally some good news!

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/11/05/voters-decide-hot-button-issues-nationwide/

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
Re: California Voters Pass Ban on Gay Marriage
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 07:06:27 PM »
   Thank G-d!
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 07:07:01 PM »
This where California's high Hispanic actually does good, as so many of them are Catholics.  Even blacks where opposed to this.

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 07:09:09 PM »
good news.  thanks Dan.  

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 07:23:34 PM »
This is good news, but come on!  We need a bill to tell us that marriage is between a man and a woman?  Pretty soon we're going to need a bill that says that up is up and down is down, and another bill that says that 2+2=4.  It is a sign of these insane times that this bill was even an issue to begin with.

As Tevia the milkman said, "A bird may love a fish, but where will they build a home together?"

People need to realize that there is more at stake than some people's own personal wants.  Gay rights have nothing to do with it.  There are realities here.  Changing marriage to include gay marriage would have serious consequences for families, for communities, for children, for social order.  And I'm not even going to get into the moral aspects of it.  It has nothing to do with what people want.

I have the right to be as good a golfer as Tiger Woods...but I'm not.  Reality.

Offline SerbChicago

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 07:25:06 PM »
:dance: This is the great day today and we should all celebrate!Even the LOSER McCain have lost MORALITY!!!YES morality has WON!Some good came out of all of this.Even Californians have some morality,dignity and faith after all.WE WON ON 8! :P
The truth,justice and Serbian way

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 07:30:04 PM »
This is good news, but come on!  We need a bill to tell us that marriage is between a man and a woman?  Pretty soon we're going to need a bill that says that up is up and down is down, and another bill that says that 2+2=4.  It is a sign of these insane times that this bill was even an issue to begin with.

As Tevia the milkman said, "A bird may love a fish, but where will they build a home together?"

People need to realize that there is more at stake than some people's own personal wants.  Gay rights have nothing to do with it.  There are realities here.  Changing marriage to include gay marriage would have serious consequences for families, for communities, for children, for social order.  And I'm not even going to get into the moral aspects of it.  It has nothing to do with what people want.

I have the right to be as good a golfer as Tiger Woods...but I'm not.  Reality.
Shalom Zachor,

I think it was brilliant that the Proposition 8 position didn't even mention morality at all. The whole bill is based on the 'legal definition of marriage' which is a relationship between a male and female. Discussing the issue like this blows holes in the oppositions position that Prop 8 was about hate. I see nothing hateful about defining marriage as between a man and woman. The moral issues are not even discussed in this bill.

Now we must prepare for the battle the gays are mounting. I have a feeling they will be pushing more gay movies and gay tv entertainment in order to mush up peoples values and make them more accepting to the average joe. This is why churches and synagogues need to continue teaching the wisdom of our Torah. There is no issue of hate in the Jewish prohibition on male homosexual relationships. The issue is clear cut and not debatable any more than any other point of Torah. I am relieved that Prop 8 won... And even in a political climate of liberal exuberance.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 07:47:35 PM »
the gays, with all their money and power, were defeated.  they say stop the hate.  they are the haters.  the lunatics in Hllywd will cave in for "more gay roles," let them.  just don't watch!

btw, i was watching local programming, ABC, and they said the "f" word on Grey's Anatomy   :o   why can't we watch a t.v. program to relax and not have another controversial problem in our face.  i watch that show because it is a show about surgeons, something to aspire to for young people.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 08:25:12 PM »
In 2001, I signed a petition on internet for the Federal definition of marriage to be between a man and a woman. The sad think was that I didn't reralize at the time that it would ban not only same sex "marriages", but perhaps also poligamy.
Same sex "marriage" does not exist. Even if a State recognises it, it's not marriage. We can pass a biil saying the the Sun is square, but it'll just remain round. LOL.
Now, if gays living together want to enjoy some of the benefits usually awarded to marriages like sharing health care or inheriting the other, the question could be easily solved without involving sexual isues. What about straight people who might also live together and want the same benefits? Two single old aged brothers or sisters, two friends, etc.... Perhaps, there should be a legal contract for persons who live together including those who have no sexual issues.
The problem now, is not exactly gay "marriage", but gay adoption. Many countries which haven't approved those "marriages" are allowing those adoptions. That must be stopped. And the other problem is adoption by singles because many gays or lesbians singles adopt a child. There should be a law banning adoptions by singles who, due to their sexual preferences or any other reason, have no chance of marriying a person of the ooposite sex in the near future.

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 08:30:30 PM »
There should be a law banning adoptions by singles who, due to their sexual preferences or any other reason, have no chance of marriying a person of the ooposite sex in the near future.

too late.  i'd look out my window and call a friend and say, "i'm looking out the window now and seeing 2 men and a baby."  that was years ago.  they are raising families.  it's totally demented.  they've got money to BUY a baby.

Offline Zionist Revolutionary

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2008, 09:16:22 PM »
I was one of those voters! :D

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2008, 09:21:26 PM »
Like I said before... the Courts will overturn this.... they did the exact same thing last time.

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 09:27:46 PM »
fine.  let them go file their lawsuits.  they have loads of money like someone else we know.  we will keep fighting them.  they are not going to tell us this is normal.  Obama says when they go to court they will be dealt with differently from us.  Remember he said that?  "if you are gay," or "if you are a minority," you will have a different economic outcome.  lunatic. 

Offline Sentinel For Truth

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2008, 04:49:13 AM »

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008, 05:27:44 AM »
Blacks voted 70% against this law. 

The gays loved Obama and helped blacks come to the polls.  Problem is that they don't like gays.

I think they have civil unions already.  This was not enough and they wanted to have marriage too.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 05:29:14 AM »
Ironically, the blacks voted against gay marriage by 70 percent. Therefore, every new Obama voter added one more vote to support the gay marriage ban.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 09:30:00 AM »
I don't think it matters.  The gays and lesbians have found their way out of the closet.
Try as we might there is no way to shove them back in.  :yuck:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 09:54:21 AM by bullcat3 »
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Sparky

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2008, 01:24:52 PM »
Ironically, the blacks voted against gay marriage by 70 percent. Therefore, every new Obama voter added one more vote to support the gay marriage ban.

A vote of "yes" on Proposition 8 was a vote against gay marriage.  Quite frankly, I just think the blacks couldn't figure it out.   :laugh: