Author Topic: Only two more months of Bush!!! Now is the time to get things done!  (Read 1380 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Once Obama takes over in January, you can bet that America will not attack Iran's nuclear facility.  Israel's leadership is so impotent and corrupt, that they will not attack Iran without American consent.  Now this is just my opinion, but I think if there is any hope of eliminating (or at least delaying) Iran's nuclear threat, something has to happen while Bush is still in office.  Either he will give his consent to Israel (I can't believe that Israel actually needs American consent to live), or he will have the US airforce do it themselves.  But time is running out.

So I'm asking all you JTFers, do we want to try to convince this administration to act now?  I think it is necessary.  We could write to congress or to the White House.  We could arrange a rally in Washington.  We can call upon our Evangelical Christian friends to support us in some way.  We could draft a press release and send it out there.  There are probably other things that we can do as well.

We need to save Israel from another holocaust.  I think it would be foolish to just hope that somehow this situation will resolve itself.  I think we need to play a part in this.  I need your ideas.  Can we move on this quickly?

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Only two more months of Bush!!! Now is the time to get things done!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 11:25:04 PM »
I think that we all should petition Bush to pardon Johnathan Pollard.

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 11:29:47 PM »

That's a great idea!  We should think about doing this also.  Do we need a lawyer to draft a petition?  I will look into it.  But we should move on the Iranian threat first, I think.  Saving the lives of 6 million Jews in Israel has to be a priority.

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 11:33:41 PM »
The only thing Bush is going to be doing for the next couple of months is calling up his buddies and gloat about all the profits they reaped over the past eight years.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 12:14:45 AM »
I think Bush should use his last 2 months and boobytrap the whitehouse.

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 12:37:11 AM »

That's a great idea!  We should think about doing this also.  Do we need a lawyer to draft a petition?  I will look into it.  But we should move on the Iranian threat first, I think.  Saving the lives of 6 million Jews in Israel has to be a priority.

you can create an online petition.  they are all over the place and easy to create.  why do we need an attorney?  i'm sure one will pop up.  Philip J. Berg, Esq. stated a great case against Obama but when i tried to contact him, none of his emails worked.  this made me think he is a total flake   :D  no respectable lawyer has emails that are inoperable. 

ETA:  Petition online.  create your own petition.

http://www.petitiononline.com/create_petition.html
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 01:26:15 AM by jaime »

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 06:50:53 AM »
I'm a little taken aback that people aren't anxious to organize something that could cause the president to take action against Iran.  I thought JTFers would be eager to take action.

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 07:48:14 AM »
patience my friend.  when you write to the White House they say they get so much mail they are unable to answer it.

we have to make a list of who'd you'd  like to contact.  then write standarzied letters that we can all send out.

we can ask for help this way:

1.  who do we want to contact;

2.  what message do we want to send out;

3.  who is willing to help on this forum write a letter (we can all have input by having a copy of the letter and agreeing on  how it will look in final form;)

4.  someone here will have the final say when it is ready to be sent.

can you begin w/an outline of the letter?  we can work on it from there.  please do not give up and get frustrated with us.  we are here to help.

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 12:43:09 PM »
Ok, here is a draft.  Please feel free to revise it or make suggestions.  I think we need a consensus here.

"Dear -----,

As American Jews and righteous Gentiles, we are deeply concerned about the growing threat Iran poses to Israel.  Mr. Ahmadinejad has clearly stated his intentions to "wipe Israel from the map".  We are aware that Iran is actively seeking nuclear weapons technology, and we have little doubt that once Iran acquires these weapons, they will use them.  Wheter Iran will use nuclear weapons against Israel directly or by proxy (through either Hezbollah or al Qaeda) is unclear, but irrelevant.  What should be made clear however, is that we are in a race against time, and unless action is taken soon, millions of Israelis may perish.

Also critical, is the threat that a nuclear-armed Iran poses to America.  While this administration has been successful in preventing an attack on American soil since 9/11, no security is absolute.  American lives must be protected.  Once Iran acquires weapons of mass destruction, America's national security interests will be permanently compromised.  America must prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons to begin with, if She is to remain relatively secure.  In this issue, America and Israel have a shared interest in preventing Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons.

As American Jews and righteous Gentiles, we are very disappointed at the lack of strong Israeli leadership.  That Israel as not yet taken action is inconceivable to us.  Israeli leaders have proven to us that when it comes to protecting the lives of their citizens, they are not up to the job.  This is why we are turning to American leaders to eliminate or at the very least delay this growing threat.  In a world of enemies, Israelis take comfort in the fact that they have friends in America.  [AS I WROTE THAT LAST SENTENCE, I'M HAVING TROUBLE NOT CHOKING ON MY OWN TONGUE!]

Lastly, we are concerned that once there is a change in administration, this issue will not be taken seriously.  President-elect Obama has shown a remarkable naivete in issues of national security and foreign affairs.  Therefore, we feel that if there is any progress to be made, it has to be made immediately.  The cost of inaction may be unfathomable.

Please help us to eliminate the Iranian nuclear threat while there is still time.

Yours sincerely,"

[I think we should all sign and maybe post this as an online petition.  A few thousand signatures would help.]

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 01:04:30 PM »
I'm a little taken aback that people aren't anxious to organize something that could cause the president to take action against Iran.  I thought JTFers would be eager to take action.

I'm suprised that JTFers don't want to free Pollard.

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 01:20:02 PM »

I'm suprised that JTFers don't want to free Pollard.

Unbelievable.  I do want to free Johnathon Pollard.  What does that have to do with this post? 

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 02:53:32 PM »
I'm surprised that JTFers don't want to free Pollard.
Unbelievable.  I do want to free Johnathon Pollard.  What does that have to do with this post? 

The title of the thread is, "Only two more months of Bush!!!  Now is the time to get things done!"

I suggested petitioning Bush to pardon Pollard.

What's your problem?

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2008, 03:50:07 PM »
I'm surprised that JTFers don't want to free Pollard.

The title of the thread is, "Only two more months of Bush!!!  Now is the time to get things done!"

I suggested petitioning Bush to pardon Pollard.

What's your problem?

I'll tell you exactly what my problem is.  While I am trying to get our people busy with saving the Jewish people from annihilation, you are complaining about Johnathon Pollard.  It doesn't have to be an either or.  We can do both things.  But if you had gotten beyond the title of my post and actually read the message, you would see that I am trying to make a case as to why we need to get moving on this and quickly.  You have made no comment about Iran, whereas I acknowledged that we should do something about Pollard.

I believe it is a disgrace that Pollard is behind bars.  I believe he is a Jewish hero.  To be fair, I may have inaptly titled my post, but the content and meaning is clear.  My post was about the Iranian threat.  Don't you care about that?  WE ARE FACING A CATASTROPHE HERE!!!

If you want to post about Pollard then post about Pollard.  But why are you overlooking this message?  Do you actually read the comments or do you just post?

And while I'm at it, yes it is important to do what we can for Pollard, but it can hardly compare in importance with saving Jewish lives.  Do you agree with this?  I find your sense of priorities somewhat bizarre if you do not.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2008, 04:09:53 PM »
Calm down everyone.  We are arguing over stupid trivial things!!!

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2008, 04:14:50 PM »
Calm down everyone.  We are arguing over stupid trivial things!!!

Maybe the problem is that we are too calm.  Maybe we need to get a little worked up.  I don't want to be calm while the knife is at Israel's throat.