Author Topic: If you have any major purchases planned...do them this year!!!!  (Read 1844 times)

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
If you have any major purchases planned...do them this year!!!!
« on: November 06, 2008, 01:15:29 PM »
The press will back up Obama wherever they can but they cannot fix a broken economy from an affirmative action president.

We should not make it easier for Obama to claim economic success.

If you're thinking of starting a business, buying a house, starting a job, buying a new TV...do it this year.  Don't wait!  Taxes will be going up soon and you will be helping this economy, not O's economy.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: If you have any major purchases planned...do them this year!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 01:22:12 PM »
Hey... why dont we make a list of precautionary actions we should follow.

Need to include Financial plans... and defensive plans.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 01:28:37 PM »
Hey... why dont we make a list of precautions!!

Need to include Financial plans... and defensive plans.

I think you are right Brian.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 01:30:47 PM »
I think that's critical because even if Soros and others pump billions into the economy to boost up their affirmative action friend, we should not be a part of it.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 01:33:07 PM »
OK.. .Heres my contribution:

1) major purchases before end of year.
2) Starting in 2009... consider pulling money out of banks and putting them in one of the following:
    a)  Gold
    b)  T-Bills (prefereably TIPS)
    c)  Assuming Obama changes Fed Chair (90% possibility)... DO NOT hold a lot of cash.  (We may be returning to Stagflation)
3) SELL YOUR Assets at a gain while you can  (CAPITAL GAINS TAXES WILL GO UP!!!!)... if they are at a loss.... dont worry about this.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 01:40:32 PM »

2) Starting in 2009... consider pulling money out of banks and putting them in one of the following:
    a)  Gold
    c)  Assuming Obama changes Fed Chair (90% possibility)... DO NOT hold a lot of cash.  (We may be returning to Stagflation)
3) SELL YOUR Assets at a gain while you can  (CAPITAL GAINS TAXES WILL GO UP!!!!)... if they are at a loss.... dont worry about this.

I think the Yuan is a safer place to park cash than Gold.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 01:42:56 PM »

a)  Gold

I think the Yuan is a safer place to park cash than Gold.

You are a pretty smart guy... and you may be right.  HOWEVER....   Putting your money in the Yuan is somewhat treasonous in my opinion.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 01:45:57 PM »
I doubt this with the Yuan Zelhar and Brian. Chinas economie is tied to it's exports towards the western countries. If the USA will go down it will take China with it.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 01:48:45 PM »
Here's one...

Negotiate any raises or bonuses at work this year.  We have the Bush tax cuts through 2009 but then the Obama tax plan will start.  If you get a bonus approved in January then it might kick in in 2010.  That means you will keep less money.

Remember that your taxes will go up if you make more than $45,000 per year.  Obama's so called tax cut will expire the Bush tax cuts, which means his discount will not be as much as Bushes was.  Hence, you pay more taxes under Democratic leadership.  Lets see, what is better, you've been paying $6.00 for a hamburger but get a $2.00 coupon from Bush.  Obama comes along and says, I won't give you the $2.00 coupon but I'll give you one for a $1.00..aren't I generous???

Why McCain didn't make this case is beyond me!!!!!

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 01:50:56 PM »
I doubt this with the Yuan Zelhar and Brian. Chinas economie is tied to it's exports towards the western countries. If the USA will go down it will take China with it.

You are right... However.... the Yuan is undervalued....    and honestly... Gold IS risky.   SOOO... thats why I was saying Zelhar's recommendation was logically sound.  BUT!!!!   as much as I hate Obama... a lot of us would feel uncomfortable pumping up China.

So... that is why Gold is an option...  But again... TIPS are the safest.... BUT you would be techincally loaning to Obama....  BUT its still the safest.  But anyway  pulling $ out of the bank is the quickest and easiest way to sabotage Obama's presidency... TRUST ME!!!!  AND REMEMBER.... the DEMS are the ones that got 4x as much money from these banks than the GOP!!!  STICK IT TO THE BANKS!!!

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 01:53:39 PM »

China completely survived this latest economic crisis.  They understand that much of America's so called power and influence is backed by affirmative action cases saying, "I'll hit you back, yo." "I can pay a $750,000 mortgage, I got tha funds."

BTW I wouldn't exempt millions of American whites who are like this too.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 01:58:30 PM »

China completely survived this latest economic crisis.  They understand that much of America's so called power and influence is backed by affirmative action cases saying, "I'll hit you back, yo." "I can pay a $750,000 mortgage, I got tha funds."

Perhaps they have not invested stupidly, but where should they sell their products, if the US-citizens are not buying? They will loose without any doubt billions of Dollar.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2008, 02:05:20 PM »
Paper money is valueless to me, I invest in tools of the trade.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2008, 02:08:29 PM »
They can sell to India, Europe, oil rich countries and the rest of Asia/Australia.  The US will be a poorer market to sell to but it still will be a market and I think they are smart enough now not to rely on the US economy or its markets.  

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2008, 02:11:05 PM »
China has also opened up trade recently to South America, the Carribbean, Pacific Islands and Africa.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008, 02:12:07 PM »

Perhaps they have not invested stupidly, but where should they sell their products, if the US-citizens are not buying? They will loose without any doubt billions of Dollar.

Everybody takes a hit from but still China comes out of it relatively stronger. The still have a growing consumer demand at their home market, huge financial surplus and reserves. The Yuan is undervalued so it is far less probable to fluctuate as gold. BTW buying Yuan means a heavy investment in American Treasury bonds since the Chinese are buying zillions of that stuff.

@Briann: Is investing in Chinese papers and currency more treasonous than buying their consumer products ?

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 02:13:56 PM »
I would say that now is the time to sell, not to buy.  If you want to list your house or sell your car, do it now before the market drops further.  The time to buy will be 6 months from now, when you'll see prices hit rock bottom.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2008, 02:25:16 PM »
Possible. But is the buying power of this nations enough to replace the American market? If it is China has no problems, if not they will get problems on their home market too.

I would have no problems to buy Chinese products or financial instruments if I would benefit from it.

I have no beef (I hope this is the right expression) with them.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2008, 02:48:05 PM »
Possible. But is the buying power of this nations enough to replace the American market? If it is China has no problems, if not they will get problems on their home market too.

I would have no problems to buy Chinese products or financial instruments if I would benefit from it.

I have no beef (I hope this is the right expression) with them.

They could lose somewhat from a collapse but based on their recent dodging of this crisis, I think they will be ok long term.

And beef is the correct expression... ;D

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2008, 02:54:39 PM »

China completely survived this latest economic crisis.  They understand that much of America's so called power and influence is backed by affirmative action cases saying, "I'll hit you back, yo." "I can pay a $750,000 mortgage, I got tha funds."

Everybody takes a hit from but still China comes out of it relatively stronger. The still have a growing consumer demand at their home market, huge financial surplus and reserves. The Yuan is undervalued so it is far less probable to fluctuate as gold. BTW buying Yuan means a heavy investment in American Treasury bonds since the Chinese are buying zillions of that stuff.

@Briann: Is investing in Chinese papers and currency more treasonous than buying their consumer products ?

Thats a good question.  The $ for currency will eventually be pulled out... so its a temporary help for their currency... and if you time it right... you can even get more US$ back for your Yuan... but that can be tricky.

The $ for purchasing Chinese goods is not entirely going to their country to be converted to Yuan.... BUT....  the percentage that IS going to China adds to our deficit with China... which essentially means that we OWE them more US$ in the long run. (plus interest)
So DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR purchasing Chinese goods is worse... Definitely (Which is why I always avoid them at all costs)

However... most people who invest in currencies... do so in VERY LARGE amounts... so that can potentially hurt us more....

Offline JewishAmericanPatriot

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2008, 03:15:38 PM »
The press will back up Obama wherever they can but they cannot fix a broken economy from an affirmative action president.

We should not make it easier for Obama to claim economic success.

If you're thinking of starting a business, buying a house, starting a job, buying a new TV...do it this year.  Don't wait!  Taxes will be going up soon and you will be helping this economy, not O's economy.

YES!!! I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS! We need to do whatever we can to sabotage his plans.

We want him to fail! That way people will get so fed up they vote in a conservative in 2012 (Palin?)
JOIN THE ANTI-OBAMA RESISTANCE!

America's Last Stand: http://americaslaststand.angelfire.com

SAVAGE INGRATITUDE: http://www.savageingratitude.com