Poll

Poll: Should JTF support Governor Sarah Palin for president now?

Yes, if we start now, we can play a serious role, and starting early is the only way to win.
44 (57.9%)
No, it's too early to decide.
20 (26.3%)
No, Palin is not the best candidate for 2012.
12 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Poll: Should JTF support Governor Sarah Palin for president now?  (Read 6499 times)

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
Poll: Should JTF support Governor Sarah Palin for president now?
« on: November 07, 2008, 12:39:06 AM »
                                                                                                              בס''ד

This is an important poll because we will not take a stand on the 2012 presidential race unless a majority of JTFers approve.

So please vote and if you can explain your vote with a post, that will also be helpful.

I personally support Sarah Palin for president, and I believe that we must organize now to take over the Republican party in 2012. Barry Goldwater won the 1964 Republican presidential nomination because his supporters started organizing immediately after the 1960 presidential election. And Ronald Reagan won the GOP nomination in 1980 for the same reason - the Reagan supporters started organizing immediately after the 1976 presidential election. If we start so far in advance, we may be able to play a serious role in the process and may be able to attract many conservative Palin supporters to our movement, G-d willing.

On the other hand, starting early is risky. It is hard to know what will happen in the next four years. Some other candidate may emerge that seems better - I doubt it, but anything is possible. If that happens, then we would have to change course. Also, while this may bring us many Palin supporters, it may turn off many others who do not like Palin or who doubt that she is electable or who consider her to be unqualified.

The choice is yours, JTFers. I say let's take a chance. But I could be wrong.

Offline ape

• Senior JTFer
Re: Poll: Should JTF support Governor Sarah Palin for president now?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 12:49:08 AM »
I think it's to early. People will get over saturated with Palin if it's too early. She is a good candidate, though.

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 03:35:57 AM »
I say yes.

1.  She has proven to have energized conservatives beyond a doubt.  Huge money flowed in to the mccain campaign after she was picked.  Huge crowds gathered for HER speeches.

2.  She is an excellent human being who puts G-d first, has great judgment, great character, a love for America, Israel, etc. and is a great, sharp executive, who actually walks the walk.  (or in her case, RUNS the walk!)  In my opinion, she is one of the best types of Christians.

3.  Precisely BECAUSE she is such a threat to the left, the left is trying to destroy her.  She is a threat to the fat cat corrupt RINO establishment types (which by the way includes mccain).  In other words, the more someone is viciously attacked by the media, the more you can rely on them to be very powerful against the left.  Take Ann Coulter:  she has been demonized, and yet still comes back with book after best-selling book.  The truth may hurt the left, but it is still the truth!  And republicans should take note that if the american people want to vote for a democrat, they will do so by voting for a democrat with a d next to their name, not an R like what is facetiously next to mccain's name.

4.  She has inspired young conservatives and even moderates.  Those (young and old) who haven't been inspired by her have yet to hear her or get to know her.  They will also be inspired and follow.

5.  She is an excellent, attractive communicator who is genuine and accessible.

6.  She already has a huge following as she has been exposed to America already.  She is very able to clear up misconceptions about her qualifications during the next year and can build up more support by 2012.

7.  She is a woman, a loving wife and a mother of five.  A true American.

8.  She was held back by the defeatist-mccain campaign and we were partially prevented from seeing and hearing the true Sarah Palin who is even BETTER than the great Palin of 08.

Of course I am also open for suggestions on who else can be a conservative leader for 2012, but none come to mind.
aka Someone Else

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 03:58:39 AM »
Sarah Palin is popular and has otherwise apolitical people coming to her defense.
These are a sample of the pro-Sarah Palin comments from a totally apolitical HOLLYWOOD website.

Jim Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 03:48 AM EST
"Sarah is not only unbelievably and palpably sexy, she is honest and the real deal."

Petie R. Peterson Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 03:43 AM EST "Tina Fey is a loser and is jealous of Sarah Palin in every respect. In other words, Sarah is everything Tina would like to be but will never be."

Lemmie Q. Quigg Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 03:40 AM EST
"Sarah has the left spooked like crazy!
You go, girl!"

Jan Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 01:18 AM EST
"The Sarah Palin you saw in the national media is not the REAL Sarah Palin we know and love here in Alaska. I really like her, and I am ashamed of any woman who cannot view Sarah as a human being with a different opinion. I am pro-life, pro-gun ownership, and all sorts of other "pros". There are a LOT of people who think the way I do. And I don't bash any liberal women who want to have abortions or gay marriages. Let me have my views... and a candidate who shares them. If you don't like the message, fine - but back off the attack already."

BJ Franks Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 02:13 PM EST
"Sarah Palin is a class act. It is unfortunate people did not appreciate her as a person, but rather fodder for their cannons. So sad.
To quote from "YOUR future president's wife" --- but with my own
spin on it...
This is the first time in my life I am NOT proud to be an American.
God bless America and Sarah Palin."

Franky L Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 01:31 PM EST
"It is hysterical to listen to you libs and your absolute terror at someone like Sarah ever getting a foothold in national politics. You take the words and policies of a proven sexual deviant like Barney Frank, and hold them in higher regard than a woman that has stood on moral principle in the face of their own challenges, and has had the strength and ability to fight major corporations for the benefit of the people that hired her, and win.. Pathetic is too kind a word for you...."

aka Someone Else

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 04:02:01 AM »
Shalom Chaim and all of JTF,

My opinion is that it is still too early to know what the political situation will be like in 2012. It is good to get an early start but we need to see how Obama is going to act. It is such a great unknown at this time that I think we should see what exactly we need to run against. I myself like Palin but still dont know enough to make the choice on whether she should be the president. I am sure that she will develop her political character in the next few months. My recommendation is to wait to see what the political reality of the situation is, at least for six months. Of course this is only my opinion... ;)

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
aka Someone Else

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 04:28:13 AM »
 I voted yes to supporting her.  It is true that it may be too early, at least we will have more than two months to get to know her.  We can use her as an example of what a Republican should be.  If there are any other possible candidates, at least we can compare them to Sarah Palin.  I just hope that she would want the job, considering what the scumbag media put her and her family through.
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 05:18:20 AM »
Since the media was her greatest enemy, she should be making statements about this. Palin at the GOP convention was the best I've seen a candidate since Reagan.  I felt like she was sabotaged and held herself back when she was interviewed by the press.  I think it depends on how she acts now.  She obviously needs to be with her family but its only been a few months.  She should go on the right wing talk show circuit and say what she thinks.  People love the truth and if she sounded off it would really help her come out of her shell. 

Right now she is again being defined by her enemies.

The mainstream press would cover what she says, especially if she talked about media bias.

She has nothing to lose and everything to gain by doing this.

She needs to be coached on all the issues for a while because she obviously learns quickly.   

She should NEVER, EVER go on that stupid SNL show and not be nice about it

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 07:24:50 AM »
I voted yes the communist media and the weasels around MC CAIN ARE NOW BLAMING HER FOR THEIR INCOMPETENT CAMPAIGN.I'M NOT BLAMING MC CAIN  BUT SOME OF HIS ADVISORS.MC CAIN WAS'NT MY FIRST CHOICE BUT AT LEAST HE WAS CLOSE TO A REPUGNENT REPUBLICAN,I'M A CONSERVATIVE.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 08:11:28 AM »
I like her and I want her to be president.

The Democratic candidate WILL be Barack Hussein Obama, so we do know what we're running against. He's probably going to be the most liberal president ever. Conservatives will be aching for someone like Sarah, and once the rest of the country sees that Obama's left-wing policies haven't really helped them much, they might be willing to give Sarah a chance.

She's got good looks, a great personality that will appeal to average Americans, a compelling personal story, and has walked the walk, not just talked the talk, on her convictions.

Her history of fighting corruption will be a huge asset, we should play this up as much as possible.

She's already run a national campaign, so all the dirt is already out on her. It's time for her to be politically active now and it's time for us to prop her up and help her.

Offline SerbChicago

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 09:02:39 AM »
I voted no because she doesn't have experience,she would granted amnesty to illegals,no military background,looks to soft,no anger behind her statement,no business background(like Romney which i support for 2012) and no to another affirmative action president.The only woman i would support would be with military background.
The truth,justice and Serbian way

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008, 09:24:57 AM »
No, because there are more qualified candidates out there.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline Minuteman

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 10:45:49 AM »
There are a lot of things about Palin's I like, and right now she is the only candidate for the Republican party I feel comfortable with.  I still think we should look for other possibilities.  I see a couple of possible drawbacks on putting Palin in the White House.  One is her skit on Saturday Night Live.  I think it was a big mistake because now the left is mercilessly making fun of her.  This may cause mainstream Americans not to take her seriously.  She doesn't seem to have an edge to her.  What I mean by this is she doesn't come across as someone you don't want to mess with.  Reagan and Gulianni had that edge.  Another possible problem is that dictators like Akmenijahd, Kim Soong Ill, Vladimir Putin, the Saudis, Chinese, and others may see this persona in Palin as a green light, mistaking kindness for weakness.  These are only possible drawbacks and Palin should definitely be given a chance to prove herself.  I know McCain's people told her not to say a thing during the campaign, so there is a lot of things about her we don't know yet.

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2008, 10:54:49 AM »
No. Too early.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008, 11:21:32 AM »
no, if she ran she would lose in a similar fashion to the way McCain lost this time around.  Just about all the votes McCain got were probably votes for Palin.  It was clearly not enough to win.  Things might be different in 4 years, however.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 11:32:15 AM »
Too soon...but we can do a little bit..

Let's look around for more young go getters
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 11:53:46 AM »
No.  The media smear campaign has weakened her chances.  They will not stop the assault.  We saw the same thing with Guiliani this past election.  Bobby Jindal and Mike Huckabee are in my opinin the two best picks as of now.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2008, 12:08:59 PM »
I voted no because she doesn't have experience,she would granted amnesty to illegals,no military background,looks to soft,no anger behind her statement,no business background(like Romney which i support for 2012) and no to another affirmative action president.The only woman i would support would be with military background.
But almost all American leaders with military experiences participated in war against the Serbs.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 12:09:54 PM »

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2008, 12:12:47 PM »
No.  The media smear campaign has weakened her chances.  They will not stop the assault.  We saw the same thing with Guiliani this past election.  Bobby Jindal and Mike Huckabee are in my opinin the two best picks as of now.
That's why she needs to get out there, attack the media, and refute these false stories.

Jindal: very young, possible VP material for Sarah
Huckabee: a complete joke, I think everybody realizes that by now
Hunter: possible, but lacks the visibility, charisma, and uniting factor--maybe VP material

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2008, 12:14:15 PM »
No. Too early.
Scriabin, we already know what you think of women; it's nothing new.

We all know how you feel about yourself, too.

You little schmuck.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2008, 12:15:18 PM »
no, if she ran she would lose in a similar fashion to the way McCain lost this time around.  Just about all the votes McCain got were probably votes for Palin.  It was clearly not enough to win.  Things might be different in 4 years, however.
No, because Palin would be actually running to win, unlike McCain.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2008, 12:20:49 PM »
I say yes, Chaim, without hesitation. Sarah Palin is the only candidate who will energize the Republican base, and she is the only mainstream candidate who actually will want to win and will fight to at all costs. There are very few candidates out there--unlike Democrats, conservatives can't rise out of nowhere and be appointed savior of the country overnight by the media.

The only other possible candidates:

Huckabee--clearly a joke; he's as leftist as McCain, I think you can see that by now
Hunter--not bad, but not well-known and not charismatic--unlikely to electrify the GOP (he might make a good VP pick for Sarah though)
Jindal--too young (might make a good VP pick though, like Hunter)
Tancredo--single-issue candidates never get far, plus the immigration issue has been a losing one for the past two elections
Romney--showed he couldn't get it done this time around despite all the money in the world, plus he's not genuinely conservative
Cantor--not enough experience, plus the fact that he would be a Jewish leader in the diaspora--might make a good VP candidate, though

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2008, 01:51:50 PM »
I think Huckabee is our guy but I will stand by JTF no matter what. I think JTF has the Jews Best Intrests at heart
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2008, 02:16:07 PM »
I voted no. It's too early.

Osama hasn't even been inaugurated yet. We will have to endure 4 years of Osama and Demonrat 'leadership'.

Let's wait and see how Palin measures up to the challenges, trials and tribulations that surely lie ahead.

It's true the early bird catches the worm, but JTF should be vigilant against prematurely supporting anyone. At first glance, Palin does seem like a decent candidate--but let's wait and see--let's find out more about exactly who she is and what she stands for.

Let's see what Palin has to say when Osama starts pressuring Israel to commit suicide. Palin will have plenty of time to distinguish herself as a candidate worthy of our support. Or it might turn out she isn't what we're looking for. Time will tell. There's absolutely no reason to jump the gun on this one.