Author Topic: See I told you.... Look at who Obama appointed for FCC commis...(FAIRNESS D)  (Read 1889 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Obama To Appoint Pro-Fairness Doctrine Commissioner To The FCC

Reagan gave this guy the axe back in the 1980’s, leading to the FCC deregulation that allowed for the rise of conservative talk radio.  Now Obama is looking to put him back at the FCC.

Can the Fairness Doctrine be far behind?

Henry Rivera, a longtime radical leftist, lawyer and former FCC commissioner, is expected to lead the push to dismantle commercial talk radio that is favored by a number of Democratic Party senators. Rivera will play a pivotal role in preventing critics from having a public voice during Obama’s tenure in office.

Rivera, who resigned from the FCC nearly a quarter-century ago during the Reagan years, believes in a doctrine of “communications policy as a civil rights issue”.

His exit during the Reagan Administration paved the way for the Fairness Doctrine’s repeal when the late president appointed Patricia Diaz Dennis in 1986 to fill out the rest of Rivera’s term. Had this not occurred, talk radio as we know it today would not exist.

That gives Rivera’s new task a great deal of personal urgency: it’s a late-career, second chance opportunity to shut down opposition voices that have been allowed to flourish since his depature from the commission.

In particular, Rivera is known for his push for more minority broadcasting ownership, but this issue has largely been rendered obsolete as former commercial broadcasting empires teeter on the brink of bankruptcy.

Rivera’s first opportunity to eliminate commercial talk radio will occur in June 2009, as the term of Republican Robert McDowell expires and he can be replaced with a pro-Fairness Doctrine Democrat. That will give the commission a three-vote Democratic majority, though the final two seats must remain in Republican hands.

If they can strong-arm one of the three Republicans into leaving early, this can be implemented even sooner.

Remember that it was an Obama campaign lawyer that was threatening television stations which ran an NRA ad with FCC regulator action.  It was the Obama campaign that tried to shut down Milt Rosenberg’s radio show when he had National Review’s Stanley Kurtz on to talk about Obama’s connections to Ayers.  And now it’s President-elect Obama that’s planning on turning back the clock at the FCC a couple of decades.

This is a dangerous, dangerous time for free speech folks.

On a related note, only liberals would think that “fairness” is something that can be implemented by government mandate.  but that speaks to how they see the world.  This country was founded up on the idea that all men are free, and that all should have equal opportunity to pursue life, liberty and happiness.  But rather than equality of opportunity, liberals are only interested in equality of outcome.

Thus the Fairness Doctrine, which mandates “fairness” by forcing broadcasters to not select content based on what people actually want to see or hear (entertainment/informational value) but rather on ideological quotas.

Thus affirmative action, which mandates “fairness” by forcing employers and universities to select applicants and employees based not on merit, ability and achievement but rather on racial/gender quotas.

Thus welfare and wealth redistribution, which mandates “fairness” not by providing incentive for unsuccessful individuals to become successful but by punishing successful citizens for being too successful through the redistribution of their wealth to others.

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
Great post. Extremely well written and informative. 

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
Very well written indeed.  Let Obama and his Nazi cronies run this country as they wish.  That we can expose them for the scum sucking pigs they are! >:(

Online Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Link please.

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
that's nice.  no more talk radio to keep my sanity from this insanity.  i'll just listen to Obama holler at me over the air waves.   :throw:

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
I'm not American so perhaps someone can enlighten me as to how the "fairness doctrine" can possibly be constitutional.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
I'm not American so perhaps someone can enlighten me as to how the "fairness doctrine" can possibly be constitutional.

it is unconstitutional.  freedom of speech.  now it will be what Obama sees fit for us to listen to. 

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Hello,

A couple weeks ago I compared the Obama government to the disutopian society of Orwells 1984. To me the term "Fairness Doctrine" is classic doublespeak. Just like "Ignorance is Strength" and "Ministry of Truth" the words actually mean the opposite of what they appear to mean. Fairness Doctrine means being unfair to any non-conforming idea leading to the echo-chamber effect. We must be able to frame the language to point out the unfairness of this so-called "Fairness doctrine".

muman613

PS: And I truly believe that Obamas Civilian Paramilitary will start pushing for ThroughtCrime legislation.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM

it is unconstitutional.  freedom of speech.  now it will be what Obama sees fit for us to listen to. 

Thats why he might wait until he has a majority Dem supreme court.

Offline jaime

• Pro JTFer
And I truly believe that Obamas Civilian Paramilitary will start pushing for ThroughtCrime legislation.

don't for a second, think this louse of a president isn't going to oppress us.  i am listening to talk radio and he is extremely dangerous.  there is a conservative underground emerging where he will be opposed on every single thing he tries to do to us.  the most horrific part of it all is when trouble in Iran and other such places, you will see him side with them.  Wall St. is in danger of him.  there's too much to list.  this is scary listening to what could happen.  Obama is a radical and nothing has changed.

Offline Sentinel For Truth

• Pro JTFer
And I truly believe that Obamas Civilian Paramilitary will start pushing for ThroughtCrime legislation.

don't for a second, think this louse of a president isn't going to oppress us.  i am listening to talk radio and he is extremely dangerous.  there is a conservative underground emerging where he will be opposed on every single thing he tries to do to us.  the most horrific part of it all is when trouble in Iran and other such places, you will see him side with them.  Wall St. is in danger of him.  there's too much to list.  this is scary listening to what could happen.  Obama is a radical and nothing has changed.

"I will stand with the (Muslims) should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."   Quote by Obama: From Audacity of Hope.  p 261

America is on the brink of its destruction and I must say, given the landslide election of this creature into office, as well as the massive protests against Proposition 8 (to establish the institution of marriage as exclusively between a man and woman) in California, whatever means God uses to crush this American Gomorrah into oblivion will be richly deserved.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
American free speech is going to be thrown out the window
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline firster555

• Senior JTFer
1)cut off the enemies lines of communication(Fairness Doctrine)
2)cut off the enemies ability to defend itself(gun control)
3)attack(Civilian Defense Force)

There are many issues we will need to be fighting in this administration but these three are the top priorities or none of the others will matter.
In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man. Brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.