Author Topic: What's your IQ?  (Read 13839 times)

Offline George

• Senior JTFer
What's your IQ?
« on: November 09, 2008, 04:43:58 AM »
I took an IQ test by a licensed psychologist and it was radically different than the tests online. My verbal IQ was 89 and my performance IQ was off the chart at 145. Their test was unable to measure over 145 so I'll be taking a special test to measure my performance IQ.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
Re: What's your IQ?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 04:46:17 AM »
159 is my highest score yet. But I have tested all over the 100's depending on the test. many of the tests are radically different and test different things.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 04:57:07 AM »
I took the test years ago, and was told that my IQ is 130.  I think this test is very misleading however, as it tests "pure" intelligence (ie. problem solving skills).  But there are many different types of intelligences.  Howard Gardner outlined eight different unrelated types of intelligences: 

Bodily-Kinesthetic
 Interpersonal
 Verbal-Linguistic
 Logical-Mathematical
 Naturalistic
 Intrapersonal
 Visual-Spatial
 Musical

The IQ test does not account for these different types of intelligences, nor does it account for one's ability to reflect.  It is also important to be able to feel emotion.  Emotion is very closely linked with memory.  A read a study (which I can post if you are interested) that showed that people who participate in emotional activities such as art and music and dance have better memories.  So take the IQ test with a huge grain of salt.  Hard work is more important than tallent.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 04:58:13 AM »
Try this one. I just got a 131 on this test.

http://simple-iq.com/
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline George

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 04:59:47 AM »
The one I took was the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale which is the most comprehensive IQ test and it also tests memory.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 06:23:07 AM »
I got 129 on the IQ test in high school but I think there are so many variables on intelligence.

I saw a list of some SAT test scores for famous people which was interesting

http://www.powerscore.com/sat/help/celebrity_scores.cfm

Judgement and wisdom are more important though...

I think Forest Gump said it best with

"stupid is as stupid does"
 :P

Offline Shamgar

• Master JTFer
  • Preservation of Dal al-Harb
    • TangoMike3
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 08:08:42 AM »
My IQ is perfect,  20/20.
Infidels fighting Obamazombies and Islamazombies in the wastelands of the former United States.

"I will stand with the Blue Line should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 08:23:36 AM »
I don't know the exact number but when I was in third or fourth grade (can't remember which) they wanted to put me in the gifted classes except that I wasn't making straight As in math (I made As and Bs in math, sheesh). I was making straight As in everything else. I don't really have a math deficiency, I passed math through calculus I in college a few years ago and I'm making As in my business math class that I'm in now.

I kind of got turned off to math early on when in first grade they gave us work sheets with 100 questions each at the bad school system I was at. To a first grader 100 might as well be 1000. I would stare at the sheet feeling upset and my stomach would churn with nervous tension even though each individual problem was easy. Now that I've been in some classes that deal with higher math beyond addition and subtraction, I realize there are some elegant elements to math, such as the ability to get the area under a curve, or for a function to represent a line. I think that's cool.

Offline JewishAmericanPatriot

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 09:47:43 AM »
I had my IQ taken when I was a kid in school....my mom found me in kindergarten reading, "The Agony and the Ecstasy" and the next thing I knew....I'm in the principal's office taking a weird test.  :laugh:

Anyway, I took it again years later and it said mine was 180. I was able to join MENSA with those scores (they're an international organization for people with high IQs).  If anyone would like to join, the link is http://www.mensa.us

One warning: Most of the time, MENSA IQ tests are held on Shabbos. So if you are shomer Shabbos, you might need to get a test privately from a psychologist, or you can use your old school scores too.
JOIN THE ANTI-OBAMA RESISTANCE!

America's Last Stand: http://americaslaststand.angelfire.com

SAVAGE INGRATITUDE: http://www.savageingratitude.com

Moshe92

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 12:40:09 PM »
I just took the test posted by Judeanoncapta and got 140. That was my first time taking an iq test.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2008, 01:47:12 PM »
Shalom,

I took the IQ test a number of years ago and was told I had 170 IQ. I will take the test again soon.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Sparky

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2008, 02:10:18 PM »
I've never taken an IQ test but my girlfriend keeps telling me I have an IQ of 50.  So I must be pretty smart.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 02:18:30 PM by Sparky »

Offline George

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2008, 02:57:27 PM »
I had my IQ taken when I was a kid in school....my mom found me in kindergarten reading, "The Agony and the Ecstasy" and the next thing I knew....I'm in the principal's office taking a weird test.  :laugh:

Anyway, I took it again years later and it said mine was 180. I was able to join MENSA with those scores (they're an international organization for people with high IQs).  If anyone would like to join, the link is http://www.mensa.us

One warning: Most of the time, MENSA IQ tests are held on Shabbos. So if you are shomer Shabbos, you might need to get a test privately from a psychologist, or you can use your old school scores too.

Did you take the SAT and what did you score on it?

Offline George

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2008, 02:58:06 PM »
Shalom,

I took the IQ test a number of years ago and was told I had 170 IQ. I will take the test again soon.

muman613

Did you ever take the SAT and what did you score on it?

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2008, 03:02:23 PM »
The IQ test does not account for these different types of intelligences, nor does it account for one's ability to reflect. 

The way I put is is this: the IQ test tests your pattern-recognition speed and lower-level analytical ability. It does not test the higher level analytical ability. Most importantly, it does not test your synthetic ability - this is what allows you to have an original insight about a state of affairs that no one else has noticed before you. And this could lead to discoveries. I am sure there is a correlation between these levels of thinking, but its is not a perfect correlation. There is a society on the net of people with the IQ over 200. If you read who they are, you'll notice that none of them are great scientists or philosophers. IQ is a helpful tool, but it has its limitations.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2008, 03:04:52 PM »
Shalom,

muman613

Did you ever take the SAT and what did you score on it?

Ralph2,

Of course I took SAT, as every college bound student should... Unfortunately over the years I have forgotten my score. Obviously my score was good enough to get in one of the best Computer Science schools on the east coast... I went to RPI for my CompSci degree. I am sure my mother remembers my score and next time I talk with her I will ask her.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2008, 03:09:09 PM »
The IQ test does not account for these different types of intelligences, nor does it account for one's ability to reflect. 

The way I put is is this: the IQ test tests your pattern-recognition speed and lower-level analytical ability. It does not test the higher level analytical ability. Most importantly, it does not test your synthetic ability - this is what allows you to have an original insight about a state of affairs that no one else has noticed before you. And this could lead to discoveries. I am sure there is a correlation between these levels of thinking, but its is not a perfect correlation. There is a society on the net of people with the IQ over 200. If you read who they are, you'll notice that none of them are great scientists or philosophers. IQ is a helpful tool, but it has its limitations.

Masha,

Are you referring to MENSA? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mensa_International

This is a society of people who score high on IQ tests. MENSA does have a lot of members who are scientists and philisophers {see their web page}...

Background information
Roland Berrill, an Australian barrister, and Dr. Lancelot Ware, a British scientist and lawyer, founded Mensa in the United Kingdom in 1946. They had the idea of forming a society for bright people, the only qualification for membership being a high IQ.[4]

The aims are to create a non-political society free from all social distinctions (racial, religious, etc.). The society welcomes all people, regardless of background, whose IQs meet the criterion, with the objective of members enjoying each other's company and participating in a wide range of social and cultural activities.

Mensa accepts individuals who score at or above the 98th percentile on certain standardized IQ tests, such as the Stanford-Binet. Because different tests are scaled differently, it is not meaningful to compare raw scores between tests, only percentiles. For example, the minimum accepted score on the Stanford-Binet is 132, while for the Cattell it is 148.[6]

In addition to encouraging social interaction among its members, the organization is also involved with programs for gifted children, literacy, and scholarships. The name comes from mensa, the Latin word for "table", and indicates that it is a round-table society of equals (although the logo can be seen as depicting a square table, i.e. a Parsons table, with only three legs visible).

muman613

Offline George

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2008, 03:26:23 PM »
Ralph2,

Of course I took SAT, as every college bound student should... Unfortunately over the years I have forgotten my score. Obviously my score was good enough to get in one of the best Computer Science schools on the east coast... I went to RPI for my CompSci degree. I am sure my mother remembers my score and next time I talk with her I will ask her.

muman613

I don't have the answer to this question and would like help. What do you think is the correct answer?

http://giqtest.com/images/giqtest/matrix15n.gif

*  For each question there is a missing part represented by a '?'
* Choose the answer choice that best completes the picture.
* Try the example question below.
* Click start to move to the first question. Questions are not timed.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2008, 03:33:32 PM »
Ralph2,

muman613

I don't have the answer to this question and would like help. What do you think is the correct answer?

I though about this for 5 minutes and my answer is :

I am not 100% certain as I would like to spend more time thinking about it.

muman613

Moshe92

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2008, 05:04:43 PM »
I got 129 on the IQ test in high school but I think there are so many variables on intelligence.

I saw a list of some SAT test scores for famous people which was interesting

http://www.powerscore.com/sat/help/celebrity_scores.cfm

Judgement and wisdom are more important though...

I think Forest Gump said it best with

"stupid is as stupid does"
 :P

Howard Stern: 870
 :::D

Offline JewishAmericanPatriot

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2008, 05:06:25 PM »

Did you take the SAT and what did you score on it?

I never took the SAT because I did not want to go to college.
JOIN THE ANTI-OBAMA RESISTANCE!

America's Last Stand: http://americaslaststand.angelfire.com

SAVAGE INGRATITUDE: http://www.savageingratitude.com

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2008, 05:25:25 PM »
My IQ is 143

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2008, 05:28:28 PM »

I would pick 5.

With all the geniuses  in this thread you would think that you would be able to get together and figure out a way to raise $1,000,000 for JTF  :o

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2008, 05:37:16 PM »
I took an IQ test a few years ago and was told it is fairly high, I of course, can't remember the exact score....I never was told I was smart before, so that was nice to hear that for once (I was raised in a negative environment you could say).

I think they said it was 140 or somewhere around there.

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline George

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2008, 05:41:26 PM »
I though about this for 5 minutes and my answer is :

I am not 100% certain as I would like to spend more time thinking about it.

muman613

Why do you say 5?