Author Topic: Netanyahu stinks! But then again...  (Read 372 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Netanyahu stinks! But then again...
« on: November 11, 2008, 05:57:15 PM »
The results of this upcoming election in Israel will have a greater impact on Israel than the American elections, even though all the candidates are terrible.  Although America has a huge impact on the fate of Israel, it is secondary to the impact Israelis could have themselves.  The next election will be won by Kadima's Livni, Likud's Netanyahu, or Labour's Barak.  Realistically, I don't think Barak has much of a chance (thank G-d).  It's really between Livni or Netanyahu.

Now we all know how terrible both of these candidates are.  They are both disastrous.  But there is one important difference:  Netanhay might (and I can only say "might") take military action against Iran.  I can't see Livni doing that.  For that reason, and despite the fact that he is terrible in so many other respects (not unlike John McCain), I think we should try to help Netanyahu become Prime Minister; while letting him know that we expect that he will act in defense of millions of Jews living in Israel.

Israel's system is small compared to America's.  People know each other; communication is easier.  I think our voice would be heard.  We held our noses for John McCain, now I suggest that we do the same for Netanyahu.  It might be the only chance that we have to save Israel from nuclear disaster (G-d forbid).

What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 06:02:41 PM by zachor_ve_kavod »