Author Topic: Re ARETHUSA  (Read 2446 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re ARETHUSA
« on: November 12, 2008, 08:56:07 AM »
Even though i'm Jewish i agree
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline ARETHUSA

• New JTFer
Re: Re ARETHUSA
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 09:04:31 AM »
Hi,

Thanks, I didn't want to 'rock the boat' on my first post, sorry..

I seem to have this effect wherever I go..  :(

Peace.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 09:10:02 AM »
I'm glad to see anti-Obama people here :)

Offline JewishAmericanPatriot

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 10:02:03 AM »
I am Jewish, but I also agree. There is just SOMETHING intrinsically evil about Obama, I feel as if I am looking into the eyes of an antichrist or whatever.

What IS this about him?!? :'(

I was watching a TV preacher named Rod Parsley (no, I do not normally watch these shows, but it was on when I was skimming channels and the word "antichrist" made me stop and take notice.)

He said the antichrist will be a world leader that everybody likes, that has hypnotic power over ppl, and who preaches peace and good. And everyone will fall under his spell.

SOUND LIKE ANYBODY WE KNOW OF? This is scaring the crap out of me.

JOIN THE ANTI-OBAMA RESISTANCE!

America's Last Stand: http://americaslaststand.angelfire.com

SAVAGE INGRATITUDE: http://www.savageingratitude.com

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 10:14:28 AM »
ARETHUSA,

barack the way he intends it, is most probably the arabic form of the word

baruch(CH as in BACH) which is a common hebrew name too.
the same letter with a dot becomes C. like BARAC, arabic may use that word.
Just as hebrew says Shlomo, the arabic form is Sulaiman, (the difference in hebrew, and probably arabic too, between SH and S, is just a dot)

barack is arabic for bless/blessing..

Obama is probably a common name.

separating it to O BAMA and asking what that is in hebrew.. well, that's like taking BARACK, separating that to B ARACK and saying that because B means IN, and ARACK is a kind of alcohol, we have discovered that his name means In Arack(arak is a kind of alcohol).  i.e. he promises blessing but really he will turn people to drink.

don't pay too much attention to ridiculous articles based on wordplay, and know that a person that calls himself "Rabbi", and believes in Jesus , is not a Rabbi.  (your post http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php/topic,28574.msg298757.html#msg298757 )

Barack may well bode badly for the future, but we don't need to turn to ridiculous theories to make the case..
People have always thought that -now- the end is nigh, and come up with crazy theories that break when thei characters fade away.  

note- barack spelt with a kuf means lightning(strongs 3000 as your article said  http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?strongs=H1300  ). However, I would bet he spells it with  the arabic form of kaf.  Blessing.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 10:20:16 AM by q_q_ »

Offline ARETHUSA

• New JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 11:32:04 AM »
Thank you for your input,

I am interested to learn other peoples opinions on the Barack Obama 3rd Anti-Christ topic. Ever since Obama almost magically appeared out of thin-air and won the presidential campain, I have felt there is something very Dark and very Deep about this person.

Just a few videos I discovered you may find of interest to see;

"The Obama 9/11 Strategy - Get control of the Cockpit 11/4"

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2f3_1222031929  THE ISLAMIC PLAN TO CONTROL AMERICA. PART 1.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=485_1222034366  THE ISLAMIC PLAN TO CONTROL AMERICA. PART 2.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f8e_1224004350  THE ISLAMIC PLAN TO CONTROL AMERICA. PART 3.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=20c_1224433879  THE ISLAMIC PLAN TO CONTROL AMERICA. PART 4.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2f3_1222031929  THE ISLAMIC PLAN TO CONTROL AMERICA. PART 1.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=485_1222034366  THE ISLAMIC PLAN TO CONTROL AMERICA. PART 2.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f8e_1224004350  THE ISLAMIC PLAN TO CONTROL AMERICA. PART 3.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=20c_1224433879  THE ISLAMIC PLAN TO CONTROL AMERICA. PART 4.

Obama's (Barry Soetoro's) "New and Uncompromising Order"

Having watched the above videos I really believe Obama has something he wants hidden from public knowledge..

I guess only time will tell but I am sure everything will evolve and we will all get a clear picture as to his true intentions in the very near future.

Kind regards,

Alex.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 12:08:50 PM »
Shalom ARETHUSA,

Maybe you don't know that Jews don't believe in Christ and as a result we don't believe in anything like an anti-Christ {personally I think its meshugena}. What we do believe is in the coming of Moshiach who will usher in an era of peace and prosperity after a long protracted battle between Gog & Magog. You should read the prophecies and understand the Jewish belief and then we can talk about the Messianic era.

You should also understand the Jewish belief in the Satan which differs greatly from the Christian view. We don't believe that Satan has any power aside from what Hashem {The L-rd} gives him. Satan is not an external devil as most Christians explain, but he is a force within each of us which causes us to distance ourselves from G-d. This is evidenced from the holy Torahs story of the serpent and Chava and even in the story of Job.

There is a reason evil exists in the world. It is our responsibility, as Jews, to expose the darkness and provide the light.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 12:09:25 PM »
I am Jewish, but I also agree. There is just SOMETHING intrinsically evil about Obama, I feel as if I am looking into the eyes of an antichrist or whatever.

What IS this about him?!? :'(

I was watching a TV preacher named Rod Parsley (no, I do not normally watch these shows, but it was on when I was skimming channels and the word "antichrist" made me stop and take notice.)

He said the antichrist will be a world leader that everybody likes, that has hypnotic power over ppl, and who preaches peace and good. And everyone will fall under his spell.

SOUND LIKE ANYBODY WE KNOW OF? This is scaring the crap out of me.

Given that your username is JewishAmericanPatriot , you should know that the anti-christ is part of christian theology.

The tenach does speak of a Gog.
Some thought Gog was George, (because they thought - perhaps based on the yemenites pronouncing soft gimmel as J, that Gog could be pronounced Joj).
(the yemenite pronunciation of soft gimmel, as judea has argued, is not fitting with the general pattern, and is thus probably wrong)

When people predict that the messiah is going to come in a year or two, and they start picking up characters from our times to fit roles , they have always been wrong.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 12:19:58 PM »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2008, 12:25:48 PM »
Whats this about                   http://www.moshiach.com/questions/topten/what_is_moshiach_ben_yosef.php

Shalom Mord,

As that site explains; we believe that there will be two people who will do the job of Moshiach. First there will be Moshiach Ben Yosef who will start the process of the messianic age. This Moshiach will die in the process but the Moshiach Ben David will come and finish the mission. There is much good information on these Jewish beliefs on the internet.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 12:31:04 PM »
Whats this about                   http://www.moshiach.com/questions/topten/what_is_moshiach_ben_yosef.php

Shalom Mord,

As that site explains; we believe that there will be two people who will do the job of Moshiach. First there will be Moshiach Ben Yosef who will start the process of the messianic age. This Moshiach will die in the process but the Moshiach Ben David will come and finish the mission. There is much good information on these Jewish beliefs on the internet.

muman613

yes who will kill moshiach Ben Yosef amalake

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2008, 12:36:59 PM »

Shalom Mord,

muman613

yes who will kill moshiach Ben Yosef amalake

Hi Mord,

Yes, it seems like it may be the battle with Amalek...

From http://www.moshiach.com/topics/in-depth/moshiach-ben-yossef.php

The principal and final function ascribed to Moshiach ben Yosef is of political and military nature. He shall wage war against the forces of evil that oppress Israel. More specifically, he will do battle against Edom, the descendants of Esau.[5] Edom is the comprehensive designation of the enemies of Israel,[6] and it will be crushed through the progeny of Joseph. Thus it was prophesied of old, “The House of Jacob will be a fire and the House of Joseph a flame, and the House of Esau for stubble..” (Obadiah 1:18): “the progeny of Esau shall be delivered only into the hands of the progeny of Joseph.”[7]

This ultimate confrontation between Joseph and Esau is alluded already in the very birth of Joseph when his mother Rachel exclaimed, “G‑d has taken away my disgrace” (Genesis 30:23): with prophetic vision she foresaw that an “anointed savior” will descend from Joseph and that he will remove the disgrace of Israel.[8] In this context she called his name “Yosef, saying ‘Yosef Hashem — may G‑d add to me ben acher (lit., another son), i.e., ben acharono shel olam — one who will be at the end of the world’s time,’[9] from which it follows that ‘meshu’ach milchamah — one anointed for battle’ will descend from Joseph.”[10]

The immediate results of this war[11] will be disastrous: Moshiach ben Yosef will be killed. This is described in the prophecy of Zechariah, who says of this tragedy that “they shall mourn him as one mourns for an only child.” (Zechariah 12:10).[12] His death will be followed by a period of great calamities. These new tribulations shall be the final test for Israel, and shortly thereafter Moshiach ben David shall come, avenge his death, resurrect him, and inaugurate the Messianic era of everlasting peace and bliss.[13]

I am one who is hoping this prophesied redeemer is near. But I also am cautious of putting too much belief in it being tomorrow. Let us see if the words in our scriptures match the events of the day.

muman613

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2008, 12:38:27 PM »
ARETHUSA,

Just as hebrew says Shlomo, the arabic form is Sulaiman, (the difference in hebrew, and probably arabic too, between SH and S, is just a dot)

separating it to O BAMA and asking what that is in hebrew.. well, that's like taking BARACK, separating that to B ARACK and saying that because B means IN, and ARACK is a kind of alcohol, we have discovered that his name means In Arack(arak is a kind of alcohol).  i.e. he promises blessing but really he will turn people to drink.

don't pay too much attention to ridiculous articles based on wordplay, and know that a person that calls himself "Rabbi", and believes in Jesus , is not a Rabbi.  (your post http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php/topic,28574.msg298757.html#msg298757 )

Barack may well bode badly for the future, but we don't need to turn to ridiculous theories to make the case..
People have always thought that -now- the end is nigh, and come up with crazy theories that break when thei characters fade away.  

note- barack spelt with a kuf means lightning(strongs 3000 as your article said  http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?strongs=H1300  ). However, I would bet he spells it with  the arabic form of kaf.  Blessing.

Barach in Hebrew with the "ch" at the end means surrender or retreat.  I forget which one.   But it is a more fitting title for both Ehud Bara(ch) and Bara(ch) obama....

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2008, 12:39:54 PM »
True i hope so as well

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2008, 12:40:52 PM »
ARETHUSA,

Barach in Hebrew with the "ch" at the end means surrender or retreat.  I forget which one.   But it is a more fitting title for both Ehud Bara(ch) and Bara(ch) obama....
l'vroach to escape

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline ARETHUSA

• New JTFer
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2008, 12:58:07 PM »
Shalom Everyone,

Thank you for all your expert information, very much appreciated!. I profess to being no expert on the Jewish faith in anyway and welcome your information, I am always eager to learn from people who are well informed.

q_q thank you for your description of the meanings and Muman613 thank you for your explanation of the differences in beliefs, very interesting and informative.

I was interested in the JTF website because of the same opinions and feelings shared between the users here and myself, specifically the impending dire situation regarding Muslim President Barry Soetoro and Islamic Terrorism coupled with Islams' intent to rule the planet, not in a dissimilar fashion to the Nazis.

I'm looking for 'common ground' with people who share my grave concerns about what has happened in the USA and the catastrophic consequences it means for all of us in the very near future.

Kind regards,

Alex.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2008, 01:25:10 PM »
It seems that you may not be too far from the truth.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2008, 01:44:02 PM »
ARETHUSA,

despite what one character does here,

Jews do not go around teaching gentiles judaism, because it is considered the inheritance of the jewish people. (there is another danger too - this kind of thing has created some very nasty cult like deceptive missionary organisations, with church leaders calling themselves rabbis e.t.c.)

We don't look (like some ongoing search) for common religious ground either.. We have different religions and we respect that and keep them separate.  You haven't posted anything wrong..  

I see no problem with many cases of gentiles posting things based on their beliefs..   You are clearly not missionizing..   I see no problem with it..

But given that another character has done that to you, writing posts to you about jewish doctrine, even for things you didn't ask about .  I don't want you to be misled, and follow his example , and then tell jews all about jesus and the anti-christ and so on.  And even if you are not misled.. It's not really fair for it to be a one way street, with bad jews trying to preach judaism to christians, and christians sitting quietly.

When I post information it's very specifically for the question asked. Not for some kind of blurred religious dialogue.

Your idea of looking for common ground can work, if both sides are respectful in dialogue with, in sticking to the common ground, and not teaching the other all about their doctrine. Though even then, not with a goal of looking for common ground. But just for some specific question.

The problem is that all it takes is one person to mess it up.

JTF is about jews and christians working together to save western civilization.

Religious dialogue only works until somebody messes it up. They have, and then it gets dangerous, and is better to avoid it.

Certain missionary cults have been created because unwise jews have decided to teach christians all about judaism.

Jews believe that christians don't have to believe in judaism to go to heaven.

And JTF doesn't preach judaism to christians either.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2008, 02:27:27 PM »
mord,
in that case I think the word barach meant surrender. 

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2008, 02:52:03 PM »
mord,
in that case I think the word barach meant surrender. 
o.k.

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2008, 03:13:43 PM »
ARETHUSA,

despite what one character does here,

Jews do not go around teaching gentiles judaism, because it is considered the inheritance of the jewish people. (there is another danger too - this kind of thing has created some very nasty cult like deceptive missionary organisations, with church leaders calling themselves rabbis e.t.c.)

We don't look (like some ongoing search) for common religious ground either.. We have different religions and we respect that and keep them separate.  You haven't posted anything wrong..  

I see no problem with many cases of gentiles posting things based on their beliefs..   You are clearly not missionizing..   I see no problem with it..

But given that another character has done that to you, writing posts to you about jewish doctrine, even for things you didn't ask about .  I don't want you to be misled, and follow his example , and then tell jews all about jesus and the anti-christ and so on.  And even if you are not misled.. It's not really fair for it to be a one way street, with bad jews trying to preach judaism to christians, and christians sitting quietly.

When I post information it's very specifically for the question asked. Not for some kind of blurred religious dialogue.

Your idea of looking for common ground can work, if both sides are respectful in dialogue with, in sticking to the common ground, and not teaching the other all about their doctrine. Though even then, not with a goal of looking for common ground. But just for some specific question.

The problem is that all it takes is one person to mess it up.

JTF is about jews and christians working together to save western civilization.

Religious dialogue only works until somebody messes it up. They have, and then it gets dangerous, and is better to avoid it.

Certain missionary cults have been created because unwise jews have decided to teach christians all about judaism.

Jews believe that christians don't have to believe in judaism to go to heaven.

And JTF doesn't preach judaism to christians either.

ARETHUSA,

Some characters seem to have a problem when others explain the Jewish beliefs to others. This is not representative of the Jewish faith either. Judaism is not about keeping secrets from non-Jews. Our Scripture is very well established and there are many sources for good information. My position is to explain to non-Jews when they post things which are not within normative Jewish ideology. Whether you believe it or not is none of my business.

When one comes into a forum where members are religious one should be familiar with the beliefs of the audience. I do not go to Christian forums and start discussing our Moshiach because I know this will be an area where we don't agree. There is nothing wrong with explaining the difference between our beliefs and I hope that this gives you better understanding of the Jewish people. My position is opposed to this 'character' who seems to hide things and talks in riddles.

I don't know why the issue of missionizing is discussed. Nobody here is trying to missionize anyone and I never suspected that. The reason for my discussion was to point out to everyone that a Jew should really not have any concept of anti-christ because this idea is not really a Jewish idea. I know that this 'character' also believes that this idea is non-Jewish judging from one of his responses.

My initial response was very clearly explaining the Jewish understanding of Moshiach in hopes of increasing everyones understanding. I am sure that many come to JTF and don't really understand the Jewish belief and think we also believe the same. It is important to remind everyone that Jews don't share that particular belief.

muman613

PS: Who even brought up the idea of who goes to heaven? This is non-sequitur to this discussion.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2008, 03:19:35 PM »
The fact that jews believes that gentiles do not have to believe judaism to go to heaven,  is the reason why jews don't feel the need to preach judaism to gentiles.

It is indeed accepted by many if not most authorities, that it really is forbidden to teach gentiles Torah. Some say the written law is allowed, some say only part of the written related to the 7 laws.   

That's aside from the danger already discussed.. of what teaching gentiles torah leads to.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2008, 03:21:04 PM »
The fact that jews believes that gentiles do not have to believe judaism to go to heaven,  is the reason why jews don't feel the need to preach judaism to gentiles.

It is indeed accepted by many if not most authorities, that it really is forbidden to teach gentiles Torah. Some say the written law is allowed, some say only part of the written related to the 7 laws.   

There is nothing wrong in saying that Jewish belief does not include the ideas of Christ and anti-Christ, and that was the point of my postings...

I do not try to explain Judaism or convert anyone here.

Simple as that...

muman613

PS: Here is an interesting discussion of the halachas of teaching gentiles our Torah : http://www.cross-currents.com/archives/2005/02/09/righteous-gentiles/ . Your view is certainly supported but there is much discussion.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2008, 03:24:57 PM »

There is nothing wrong in saying that Jewish belief does not include the ideas of Christ and anti-Christ, and that was the point of my postings...

Simple as that...

muman613

You were addressing him directly and teaching him about moshiach ben yosef and moshiach ben dovid ...  That's taught in the Talmud.

By the way, Christ means Messiah. Judaism doesn't have the idea about Jesus as Christ, that's for sure ;-)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2008, 03:29:12 PM »

Simple as that...

muman613

You were addressing him directly and teaching him about moshiach ben yosef and moshiach ben dovid ...  That's taught in the Talmud.

By the way, Christ means Messiah. Judaism doesn't have the idea about Jesus as Christ, that's for sure ;-)

I do not want to drag this discussion on but it was Mord who had questions about Moshiach Ben Yosef... I am under the impression that Mord is Jewish, although I may be wrong... Regardless, I don't think I have done anything wrong in discussing this here. I am sorry if you or anyone thinks I am trying to prove or disprove any religious beliefs here.

muman613