Author Topic: IDF gives soldier 21 days for yawning  (Read 561 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
IDF gives soldier 21 days for yawning
« on: November 12, 2008, 11:41:23 AM »
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1036747.html   

IDF soldier jailed for yawning during Rabin memorial service 

By Haaretz Service 

Tags: yawn, Israel News   

The Israel Defense Forces has sentenced a soldier to 21 days in jail for yawning during a recent memorial service for assassinated prime minister Yitzhak Rabin.

The soldier yawned while the commander of the Ramat David Israel Air Force base was delivering a speech on last week's memorial day for Rabin. The senior officer paused for a few minutes after the yawn, which was allegedly long and loud.

The soldier was consequently by the army tried on account of his "disrespectful act" and was sentenced to 21 days in military prison. The IDF Spokesperson's Unit said that he is able to request a pardon, which will be considered according to military regulations.
 Advertisement

The soldier's mother told Israel Radio that her son was not disrespectful, but tired. She said that her son deserves to be punished for inappropriate behavior, but the verdict is disproportionately harsh.

She said that her son was raised upon Rabin's legacy, and that yawning is known to be an uncontrollable physical act
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
Re: IDF gives soldier 21 days for yawning
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 11:47:16 AM »
Thoughtcrime. >:(

Offline Sentinel For Truth

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 01:38:30 PM »
For Rabin, such a traitor to Israel, the memorial should be a lesson how to avoid doing anything similar to what he did in the future.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 02:51:44 PM »
This is how low the dictatorship in Israel will stoop. We need jtf to take over in Israel fast. How I wish I had the millions to donate to Chaim and solve this problem once and for all.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 03:52:35 PM »
This is how low the dictatorship in Israel will stoop. We need jtf to take over in Israel fast. How I wish I had the millions to donate to Chaim and solve this problem once and for all.

Yes, I am beginning to think that we need to raise some hard cash and start getting our propaganda out there. We are losing the war on every front now... The media is against us, and the majority of Israel is against us... We are right in our beliefs but the evil power of money appears to be winning the minds of the people.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 03:56:35 PM »
It's disrespectful to Israel to have a ceremony honoring that traitor.