Author Topic: Defend Our Weak !  (Read 637 times)

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
  • What is, What was, What could be. thats what I see
Defend Our Weak !
« on: November 12, 2008, 10:26:21 PM »
For all members of the JTF in New York -

The city and state of New York have started making drastic cuts to Senior Centers and  Socail Adult Day Services programs. These programs provide essential care for our frail elderly as well as people suffering from  Alzheimer's Disease, stroke and other types of Dementia.

Soon, families will no longer be able to keep their loved ones at home as there will be no day care services to provide respite so that spouses and children can work or take care of other day to day needs while knowing that there is a safe and positive place for their loved ones to go. Instead, the vast majority of these families will be forced to seek Nursing Home placement.

Some of the Seniors that I work with survived the Nazi Death Camps, joined the resistance cells in Europe or fought with the Allies to defeat Hitler.  Then they worked to restore their shattered lives, Now, they and there families are being told that New York can no longer care for them in a compassionate way. Instead of growing old and dieing with dignity, surrounded by familiar faces in their own homes, they will die in a hospital after being wrenched away from all they know and love. Many Righteous Gentiles are also at risk due to these funding cuts.

The staff at these programs is doing the best we can to "Hold the Line" but we need your help!

Please contact your Representatives at the City and state level and ask that funding be restored for Social Adult Day Care programs and for senior centers.

I realize that there are a great many other issues that are also important, However, I feel that we have a moral responsibility to care for those who can no longer defend themselves.
"You must not have looked in the new dictionary for the word Genocide, Because Right next to it is a picture of me with a capton that reads...over my dead body!"

The Doctor

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Defend Our Weak !
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 12:23:55 PM »

The city and state of New York have started making drastic cuts to Senior Centers and  Socail Adult Day Services programs. These programs provide essential care for our frail elderly as well as people suffering from  Alzheimer's Disease, stroke and other types of Dementia.

Soon, families will no longer be able to keep their loved ones at home as there will be no day care services to provide respite so that spouses and children can work or take care of other day to day needs while knowing that there is a safe and positive place for their loved ones to go. Instead, the vast majority of these families will be forced to seek Nursing Home placement.

Some of the Seniors that I work with survived the Nazi Death Camps, joined the resistance cells in Europe or fought with the Allies to defeat Hitler.  Then they worked to restore their shattered lives, Now, they and there families are being told that New York can no longer care for them in a compassionate way. Instead of growing old and dieing with dignity, surrounded by familiar faces in their own homes, they will die in a hospital after being wrenched away from all they know and love. Many Righteous Gentiles are also at risk due to these funding cuts.

The staff at these programs is doing the best we can to "Hold the Line" but we need your help!

Please contact your Representatives at the City and state level and ask that funding be restored for Social Adult Day Care programs and for senior centers.

I realize that there are a great many other issues that are also important, However, I feel that we have a moral responsibility to care for those who can no longer defend themselves.
Thank You for this very important post.  I'm sorry I didn't read it earlier.  I will be contacting my state representative.  He is actually one who listens to his constituents.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 04:05:15 PM »
that's very sad. But they always cut monies from the old people first. yet they will still cry and complain for aids money and uncf.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 08:03:43 PM »
Yes, we had many funding cuts these past few years, thanks to the Bush administration.

We had elderly people getting literally kicked to the streets, here.

A group of us got together and begged one of our legislators to not cut any  more funds, (they had a huge deficit) to Seniors and Disabled.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
  • What is, What was, What could be. thats what I see
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 08:56:55 PM »

Thank You for this very important post.  I'm sorry I didn't read it earlier.  I will be contacting my state representative.  He is actually one who listens to his constituents.

Thank you all for your support !
"You must not have looked in the new dictionary for the word Genocide, Because Right next to it is a picture of me with a capton that reads...over my dead body!"

The Doctor

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 09:13:43 PM »
I believe that there is no greater gauge of a morality of a society than how it treats its elderly.  A society that does not care for its senior citizens is an ungrateful society.  To me, ingratitude is one of the ugliest human traits.

We have a responsibility to our elderly, not just in the sense that we must care for them (which we must do), but also that we uphold the morality and the principles that they worked, fought, and struggled for.  When I hear a Leftist go on about how much he hates America, I wonder what his grandfather would say to him.