Poll

Who thinks Chaim and JTF has gotten relatively nicer and relatively more politically correct in the last 5 to 10 years?

Yes and I like it
8 (30.8%)
Yes and I hate it
7 (26.9%)
Yes and I want it be more PC
0 (0%)
No, nothing has changed leave it alone
3 (11.5%)
No, it hasn't changed but it should be more PC
0 (0%)
No, it hasn't changed, but I think Chaim needs to be less PC
4 (15.4%)
I dunno
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Who thinks Chaim has gotten nicer and more politically correct with his language  (Read 1019 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Here's a refined Scriabin poll on the subject...re-vote
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Here's a refined Scriabin poll on the subject...re-vote

I have noticed Chaim's and JTF's tone to lighten up on some subjects. I like it..the movement is less misunderstood and very much more viable than it used to be in my opinion. That's not to say that I didn't enjoy the harsher language of the past..but it was, for me, much more for entertainment and I don't mind that either since I know what JTF and CHaim are really about...we are a viable organization.

There are other things that are said that are quite harsh and extreme, in my opinion...but I don't think it needs to change unless Chaim feels it needs to be changed.  This movement came to be due to its controversy...If Chaim feels it needs to be this to set it apart from the rest of the movements,then all the power to him.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
 I am conflicted on this one.  I understand where Chaim is coming from.  But, his toning it down will not change the minds of JTF's enemies.  I say fight fire with fire.

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
"Yes, I hate it," is not an objective answer.

Why not just, 'yes'.

It is possible to think that Chaim has changed his tone without "hating it".

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
Regardless, the weekly Ask JTF are still very informative and insightful, even if Chaim doesn't talk about his dog, take out food, or turn the final hour over to a guest host. :)

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
I haven't been arounf here for five years, I think I've been following JTF for the last 3 years and in that time JTF and Chaim's programs have changed considerably. I think the old cable programs had a NY underground appeal. The last few months Chaim has almost ceased doing English videos. The Hebrew videos are clearly Israel-centric, they are not politically correct at all.

I also notice Chaim used to speak faster and with more fury in the old days. I think speaking is an art and one can't expect the artist to keep producing the same thing over and over again. To me it seems like a good idea to keep doing regular English programs dealing with American themes. One weekly or even biweekly show might keep a a growing crowd of regular audience hooked up to these shows and eventually make new JTFers.

P.S I want to vote "Yes and I'm ambiguous about this" or just "Yes".

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Actually.... I wasnt thinking of the last 5 to 10 years.... I was thinking the last year.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
I think Chaim has gotten better over the last year and a half since I have been listining to him. And I think that is the way it needs to be if we are going to attract people from the media to our movement
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
I really cant tell.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
The New Change that JTF has employed is only for the Better... for all those who think otherwise get 'Real!'
A Mass Movement in this country will not be formed if you insult a majority of its citizens and call for extreme actions regarding their co-existence... If you want to make fun of people and not give Real solutions to these problems than I'd suggest you form a support group and talk amongst yourselves and see how far it will take you...

I was never a big fan of making fun of certain ethnic groups even though I KNOW how much of a burden they are to society... By offering alternative media and information we can successfully transform ignorant and naive people into productive members of society, most people are brainwashed by TV and newspapers into being what they are, non productive. This process we are undertaking might be long but it's worth it...  Just look at the amount of publicity JTF has received in the past 2 years, it can only get better and we must take advantage of this period in time especially with Barack Hussein Obama ascending upon the White House!

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
  • What is, What was, What could be. thats what I see
I think that the ability to speak well and clearly about a topic is one of the most difficult skills to master.

Overall, I think that there are ways to be "correct" in your speech and still present a very strong point of view. Look at the Dalhi Lama. He is very clear in his message, despite having many people attacking him. I think that this is why he has had such staying power and has had an impact on the world,

This topic also brings to mind a wonderfull moment in the origanal Star Trek TV show,,,

Lazarus "how can you not believe me , you are being a fool"

Spock "I have simply examined all of the relevant information and come to the logical conclusion that you are, in fact, a Liar"

Star Trek the Origanal series "The Alternative Factor"

"You must not have looked in the new dictionary for the word Genocide, Because Right next to it is a picture of me with a capton that reads...over my dead body!"

The Doctor

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
This poll is more articulate than scriabin's which was much more vague.