Author Topic: Lesnar beats Couture in UFC 91  (Read 1459 times)

Offline SerbChicago

• Master JTFer
Lesnar beats Couture in UFC 91
« on: November 16, 2008, 09:59:10 AM »
http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=1c9b44aa-d305-4a9c-99fa-eeb68233cfc7   
Wow i can not believe it.He is a huge guy.I love Randy Couture but i understand why he has lost.That guy is 6'3 265 pounds of muscle and xxxl gloves.Sorry Randy but i know he will beat him one day.
The truth,justice and Serbian way

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
Re: Lesnar beats Couture in UFC 91
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 10:32:00 AM »
I am a BIG Brock Lesnar fan. I followed him from the WWE to the UFC. Here Comes The Pain!
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 10:39:11 AM »
Maybe a lucky punch on an ageing fighter? So, a combination of that.

Sometimes 2 fighters just match  up a certain way. Like that Gracie killer guy always beat Gracies. But Royce Gracie would beat many people that he couldn't. He seemed to have a knack for beating Gracies!

How much longer do you think Couture has though anyway.. 45 years old.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 11:18:31 AM »
where is it available? it's not on youtube as of writing.

I did see a blog once with many MMA fights, somebody mentioned it here

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 11:24:47 AM »
GO BROCK!!!

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 11:55:03 AM »

http://www.mmauniverse.com/news/SS1452
Brock puts over Goldberg as a smart "Jewish tight ass."

He does look like a russian, prob a typical one.

I can't believe that he is UFC champion already. He submitted to an ankle lock from Frank Mir.. I can't believe that couture was champion in 2008..

wikipedia
"
Lesnar started a career in Mixed Martial Arts and had his first fight in June 2007.[15] He then signed with the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) in October 2007, and won the UFC Heavyweight Championship against Randy Couture on November 15, 2008.
"

Fedor was the master.  He must have been champion? Did he give up his belt? I didn't hear of him getting beaten.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 12:36:32 PM »

Brock puts over Goldberg as a smart "Jewish tight donkey."

I can't believe that he is UFC champion already. He submitted to an ankle lock from Frank Mir.. I can't believe that couture was champion in 2008..

wikipedia
"
Lesnar started a career in Mixed Martial Arts and had his first fight in June 2007.[15] He then signed with the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) in October 2007, and won the UFC Heavyweight Championship against Randy Couture on November 15, 2008.
"

Fedor was the master.  He must have been champion? Did he give up his belt? I didn't hear of him getting beaten.

fedor has never fought in the UFC...

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 01:48:50 PM »

Brock puts over Goldberg as a smart "Jewish tight donkey."

wikipedia
"
"

fedor has never fought in the UFC...

He will not fight in the UFC

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 02:41:47 PM »
doh..

I'd know these things if I had more TV channels. I've only got 5!

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2008, 05:24:13 PM »
I am a BIG Brock Lesnar fan. I followed him from the WWE to the UFC. Here Comes The Pain!

Same here but I didnt see his fight last night. And Fedor lost in a Sambo match a few days back

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2008, 05:55:48 PM »

Same here but I didnt see his fight last night. And Fedor lost in a Sambo match a few days back
Sadly I missed his fight too last night.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2008, 08:54:47 PM »
Go Brock.  I hop he stays as far away from the WWE as possible.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2008, 09:13:14 PM »
Go Brock.  I hop he stays as far away from the WWE as possible.
I dont think McMahon would sign him back anyway. WWE is thriving right now an there would be no reason for him to need Lesnar back.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2008, 01:43:46 AM »
UFC is the most brain dead programing I have ever seen people just beat the living hell out of others for money and it is not like Boxing in Boxing it is entertaing.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2008, 08:28:11 AM »
UFC is the most brain dead programing I have ever seen people just beat the living hell out of others for money and it is not like Boxing in Boxing it is entertaing.

DUDE!

How is boxing entertaining? 'cos it's 2 black people?!

Or, 'cos it looks so easy, and one of the boxers looks like a body double for yourself and you want to step into the ring?

It's just people shuffling around the ring, punching each other.

UFC involves boxing, and kicking and jiu jitsu, and wrestling, and lots of things.

The ref stops it before the hell is beaten out of the opponent. And it is entertaining when that happens.. it never goes too far. Have you ever watched clips of real fights, they are extremely entertaining, and unfortunately, one guy is beaten up badly usually, it has to end somehow.

Boxing, Cricket, UFC, whatever sport, can be -very- boring if you don't do it yourself.. Though I think UFC is interesting even if you don't do it yourself.

You know what.. If I didn't know better i'd say that your post was trolling.

You just didn't think it through at all. You didn't anticipate responses.. You just wrote a ridiculous sentence. and didn't think to make a case that deals with the counter arguments.

Offline GodGunsAndGlory

• Full JTFer
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2008, 10:23:57 AM »
I really would love to see Lesnar vs Kimbo Slice, but they are on 2 different fighting leagues...

Kimbo Slice is 1-2, he lost to James Thompson without a doubt it was all a bunch of BS in favor of Kimbo Slice.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2008, 10:37:04 AM »
I really would love to see Lesnar vs Kimbo Slice, but they are on 2 different fighting leagues...

Kimbo Slice is 1-2, he lost to James Thompson without a doubt it was all a bunch of BS in favor of Kimbo Slice.

I don't know that you can say they are 2 different leagues..

Couture is many leagues above Brock in so many ways. But the clash in styles was too much for Couture. Lesnar punched him too hard !  Lesnar won't do that to Kimbo.

It's interesting that Kimbo now uses the guillotine so much. Since that's the move that really beat him in his early days, when he fought and lost to Gannon.

With Brock , no sooner had be come into UFC, was he champion!
(and he had a loss on the way)