Author Topic: Solar Energy Is the Answer  (Read 5303 times)

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
Solar Energy Is the Answer
« on: November 18, 2008, 12:48:13 AM »
Oil and wind power are only inefficient forms of solar energy. Most all our energy comes from the sun.

Oil is made from decomposed plant-life which trapped the sunlight and gives oil its energy.  Wind is also caused by heat that comes from the sun.

Why not start getting our energy directly instead of always going through a middleman? All that we need are for solar panels to get better at trapping the sunlight. They are already quite good. Only a very small portion of earth would need to be covered with solar panels and it would be enough for all our energy needs.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 12:56:04 AM by Lubab »
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Solar Energy Is the Answer
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 01:41:31 AM »
Nuclear would be much cheaper.  France is able to get nearly half of their energy from Nuclear power.... and we should too.  Its simply a matter of getting the politicians to go along with it.

As unlikely as it seems.... its more feasible to get politicians to change a few laws than it would be build enough solar panels to feed our power demand.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 02:24:58 AM »
Nuclear would be much cheaper.  France is able to get nearly half of their energy from Nuclear power.... and we should too.  Its simply a matter of getting the politicians to go along with it.

As unlikely as it seems.... its more feasible to get politicians to change a few laws than it would be build enough solar panels to feed our power demand.

Nuclear power produces nuclear waste and lots of it. Not a great long term solution.
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 02:25:29 AM »
Yeah.

World peace is the other answer.

:::D

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 02:30:32 AM »
One cannot make chicken salad out of chicken drek.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 02:37:19 AM »

Explain yourself and discuss. I'm open to whatever you have to say, but right now nobody knows what you're talking about but yourself.

You do not agree that oil's energy is really just the sun's energy after all?

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 02:39:15 AM »

Explain yourself and discuss. I'm open to whatever you have to say, but right now nobody knows what you're talking about but yourself.

If solar energy was a viable source of energy, it would have been exploited. 

Many people know what I'm talking about...engineers, scientists, realists, etc.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 02:40:57 AM »

If solar energy was a viable source of energy, it would have been exploited already. 

There's a big reason why it hasn't been exploited to one small fraction of it's potential. And it's called the big oil companies.

To admit that the oil's energy comes from the sun and then claim that the sun is not a viable source of energy is beyond illogical. It's insane.

The energy you are using to write these very words comes from the sun as you write "it's not a viable source of energy".

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 02:42:09 AM »
You've been brainwashed by Limbaugh.

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 02:42:28 AM »
To admit that the oil's energy comes from the sun and then claim that the sun is not a viable source of energy is beyond illogical. It's insane.

I don't understand.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2008, 02:44:53 AM »

I don't understand.

Where does oil get it's powerful energy from? It get's it from decomposed plant life. That plant life stored energy which it got from the sun.

Now do you understand what I mean? The real energy source is not the oil. It's the sun.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 02:50:48 AM by Lubab »

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2008, 02:45:18 AM »
You've been brainwashed by Limbaugh.

I've been influenced by many great Men...Chaim, Beethoven, Rabbi Kahane, Alexander Scriabin.

Limbaugh doesn't belong in that category but I agree with him more than I disagree with him.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2008, 02:46:06 AM »
Here is the map which shows how much of earth must be covered with solar panels to provide our energy needs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Solar_land_area.png

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2008, 02:52:06 AM »
I don't understand.
Where does oil get it's powerful energy from? It get's it from decomposed plant life. That plant life stored energy which is got from the sun.

Now do you understand what I mean? The real energy source is not the oil. It's the sun.

Rabbi, with all due respect, we ALL get our energy from the sun (through G-d, of course).

The fact that, "oil comes from the Sun" is irrelevant and your premise (that solar power is a more efficient source of energy) is erroneous.

Let's ask a well-qualified engineer or scientist about this.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2008, 02:55:07 AM »
I don't understand.
Where does oil get it's powerful energy from? It get's it from decomposed plant life. That plant life stored energy which is got from the sun.

Rabbi, with all due respect, we ALL get our energy from the sun (through G-d, of course).

The fact that, "oil comes from the Sun" is irrelevant and your premise (that solar power is a more efficient source of energy is erroneous).

Let's ask a well-qualified engineer or scientist about this.

Yes most all of our energy DOES come from the sun. You are catching on. 

Oil does not come from the sun. Oil's ENERGY comes from the sun. My premise is if we can trap and store sunlight half as good as plants do and fill up those little black dots you see on the map above with those solar panels...we'll have more energy than we'll ever need and "yes" it would be far more efficient than using oil.

That is true. 

You can consult all the scientist you like. You can start with the ones referenced on this page: http://www.ez2c.de/ml/solar_land_area/

It's an undeniable fact.

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2008, 02:58:02 AM »
Here is the map which shows how much of earth must be covered with solar panels to provide our energy needs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Solar_land_area.png

So, all we need to do is build a solar panel the size of Wyoming and we're all set.

:::D

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2008, 02:59:33 AM »
You can consult all the scientist you like. You can start with the ones referenced on this page: http://www.ez2c.de/ml/solar_land_area/

It's an undeniable fact.

Because you say something is, "an undeniable fact", doesn't make it so.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2008, 03:11:11 AM »

It's an undeniable fact.

True. But it is also true that you can't deny that the energy from your oil comes from the sun. You can't deny that that is the true source of power and energy and if harnessed properly it can produce far more energy than oil ever could.

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2008, 03:23:25 AM »

It's an undeniable fact.
Your oil comes from the sun. If harnessed properly it can produce far more energy than oil ever could.

If?

If Ha-Shem wanted to, he could end all suffering.

Doing away with oil is a wonderful goal but let's be realistic. 

And its not my oil.  I wish it was, I could donate millions to JTF.

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2008, 03:31:46 AM »
Your oil comes from the sun. If harnessed properly it can produce far more energy than oil ever could.
And its not my oil.  I wish it was, I could donate millions to JTF.

Billions, for that matter.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2008, 03:35:43 AM »

Nuclear power produces nuclear waste and lots of it. Not a great long term solution.
Nuclear waste is not a big problem. The Volume of nuclear waste product is very small comparing to any other industrial waste. However there isn't enough uranium to make a long term solution.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2008, 11:46:52 AM »

Thats a big misconception.  The spent Uranium is stored in such a way that it has very little residual radiation.   Even many environmentalists (Not the nutty ones) believe that Nuclear power is the most feasible environmentally friendly answer.

Much has changed since the early days of Nuclear power... .We are just way behind the curve.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2008, 11:47:48 AM »

Your a very smart guy Scriabin.

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2008, 11:50:48 AM »

Your a very smart guy Scriabin.

You have great judgement, Brian.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2008, 11:58:07 AM »

Nuclear waste is not a big problem. The Volume of nuclear waste product is very small comparing to any other industrial waste. However there isn't enough uranium to make a long term solution.

Actually... Ive heard there is plenty.   Its just a matter of more focus on Uranium mining.