Author Topic: A great tip for any jtfers with a windows mobile phone  (Read 456 times)

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
A great tip for any jtfers with a windows mobile phone
« on: November 18, 2008, 08:10:38 PM »
If anyone has a windows mobile phone and the usb cable that goes with their phone , go to start, then programs, then internet sharing, then set your pc connection as usb and then set the phone connection as 3g or whatever and click connect. You can now access the web on your laptop anywhere your provider has service. I just found out about this tonight and I am using it right now. It doesnt cost you anymore that a regular phone based plan. Their is no additional charge for this.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
Re: A great tip for any jtfers with a windows mobile phone
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 03:55:20 AM »
Be careful!!!  The providers have found a way to charge for the internet sharing option and they will not credit for it. You used to be able to get away with this with phones like the HTC models but they stopped the internet sharing option and then just started charging for non phone internet charges.  I would use a few MB's and then see if they charge you.  Luckliy, some of the providers are giving caps on the internet fees now too.