Author Topic: 47% OF U.S. JEWS WOULD OPPOSE SAVING ISRAEL  (Read 2854 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Re: 47% OF U.S. JEWS WOULD OPPOSE SAVING ISRAEL
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2008, 01:58:55 AM »

On one crucial point, there must be no confusion: There’s nothing remotely Jewish about the Jewish vote.

As Jewish author Dennis Prager notes, if there was a connection between Judaism and liberalism, those Jews grounded in Torah and most committed to living a Jewish life, would be the most liberal. Democratic presidential candidates would carry Borough Park and Crown Heights in Brooklyn by a landslide every time, while Manhattan’s Upper West Side would be painted red.

The opposite is the case.

The AJC poll found that as Jewish observance went up, support for Obama went down. Obama had the support of just 13% of Orthodox Jews, compared to 59% of those affiliated with Conservative Judaism (which bears no relation to political conservatism) and 62% of Reform Jews. McCain got 78% of the Orthodox vote.

Exit polling showed that of those American Jews living in Israel (overwhelmingly Orthodox) who cast absentee ballots in the U.S. election, 76% voted for McCain.

The term Jewish vote is meaningless. It signifies nothing. Today, most Americans who call themselves Jews are ethnically or nostalgically Jewish. They may, occasionally, participate in Jewish rituals involving dreidels or bagels. They are not, however, Jewish in the sense that their grandparents or great-grandparents were – not even close.

http://www.grasstopsusa.com/df111708.html

I strongly disagree with Dennis Prager.     Liberalism seems to be the antithesis of what the Torah stands for.     Based on liberalism,   the government has much more flexibility to take tax payers money and give it to those who are enemies of both the United States and Israel.     Not to mention support hideous social "  causes",    such as Abortion and Gay activism.      With conservatism,  people have much more flexibility to give money to causes that reflect the values of the Torah.     

Don't confuse the modern usage of the word "liberalism" with real liberalism.  Modern liberalism is as iliberal an ideology you can imagine.

In terms of Leftist Jews, this doesn't surprise me at all.  The ADL condemned Christian fundamentalism as the greatest threat to the Jews today.  There is just one (actually more than just one) problem with this:  The Christian community cares more about Israel than most American Jews do.  What a tragedy.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2008, 02:09:47 AM »
zachor_ve_kavod ,    based on the context of Dennis Prager's comments,   it sure sounds like he was referring to the modern version of liberalism.    Which like you stated is extremely iliberal.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Taylor

• Full JTFer
    • Avid Editor's Insights
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2008, 02:17:01 AM »
Didn't only 1/5 of the Jews leave Egypt. I think the K word is offensive as the N word. I think self hating Jew is more desrcript.

Offline Sentinel For Truth

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2008, 02:45:41 AM »
The cure for the Israeli left was Kahane, the cure for the next Holocaust is JTF.  But I'm not sure if we can get strong enough fast enough.  The next 4 years will bring chaos beyond all imagination both domestically and internationally:

http://peakoilpetroleumandpreciousmetals.yuku.com/topic/5900/t/Celente-Predicts-Revolution-Food-Riots-Tax-Rebellions--2012.html

Offline Taylor

• Full JTFer
    • Avid Editor's Insights
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2008, 03:10:15 AM »
Will the writer of this post or an admin please change the topic. I think the K word in this context is very offensive.l

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2008, 01:39:10 PM »
Will the writer of this post or an admin please change the topic. I think the K word in this context is very offensive.l

indeed..

though I must say, I just noticed it changed to yiddon- which besides being an odd spelling..  I think it's only a word very frum jews use very sensitively.

These kind of words are picked up by some people who really don't know how to use them.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2008, 03:14:06 PM »
I just changed all messages to read "47% OF US JEWS WOULD OPPOSE SAVING ISRAEL".

I hope everyone is happy with the resolution of this issue.

muman613
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2008, 05:38:16 PM »
As a Gentile, I myself will not use the K-word, but these insane individuals who worship Obama, and blacks in general, are Jews in name only. The religion of these apostate zombies is worshipping blacks.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2008, 05:45:59 PM »
http://www.richardsilverstein.com/  copy and paste this guy and tell me what you would call him a zionist? post zionist? or enemy of Jews and Israel.Also look at the books he's hawking on the side of his page walt and mearhimer the Israel Lobby,and Jimmy Carters books as well as his links.You have to copy and paste the link because he blocked it from this site.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2008, 06:19:28 PM »
I was very dismayed by some of the Jewish vote. They do not realize we have elected a Arab- sympathizer, who supports the PLO.    I am standing strong in support of Israel, so is Christians United For Israel, and International Fellowship of Christians and Jews.

What does it take to wake people up?