Poll

Do you think Let-be-land should delete mentions to Israel and Jews in its legal texts?

Yes, they should be deleted.
1 (25%)
No, they are ok.
1 (25%)
Don't know.
2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Only to Jews  (Read 522 times)

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
Only to Jews
« on: November 21, 2008, 12:11:36 AM »
To all Jews who may be reading this poll: Let-be-land is a micronation (virtual State) founded here to protest against Argentine policy towards Israel and other issues. The main principle is that no authority has the right to speak on international forums on behalf of inhabitants without our consent. Thus, our 2004 Provisional Constitution has many references to Israel and the Jewish People.
While it may be good on one side, we also consider it may be incorrect to mention Israel or Jews without their permission. We are considering a more neutral text avoiding any direct mention to any particular ethnic/religious group.
As for now there are the following references to Israel and Israelites in our legal texts, would you prefer them to be abolished in case a constitutional reform is carried out?

Home: http://www.freewebs.com/letbeland/

Since many countries are totally anti-Jewish or deny Israel’s right over Jerusalem, including Argentina. I propose that the righteous people who live in those countries declare the independence of their homes and proclaim them as sovereign states to reject local authorities and respect Jewish rights properly. As for myself I have declared my home as a Sovereign State disregarding local authorities since December 3rd, 2001. I have sent copies of my declaration to the highest authorities in Argentina as a protest for having their embassy outside Jerusalem. I don’t want to stay in a country who offends Israel.  (or any other suffering people)

Although the original reason to for the Establishment of Let-be-land is to defend Israel's Rights, this State is compromised with the defense of all cultures and ethnical minorities everywhere, the preservation of all peoples traditions and languages and the love and respect for Nature and compassion for all living beings; and the right of every human being to live in peace and security and to have the opportunity to know and learn about all cultures, traditions and ideologies

Constitution: http://www.freewebs.com/letbeland/constitution.htm

General principles

1-The right of every person, group or community to refuse being part of any State by force, and the right to have their own State in the land of their property.

2-The respect for all form of culture, the rights of minorities to preserve their culture.

3-The right of every person to live his/her life as he pleases without being interfered by any authority.

4- An special recognition to the Israelite people's right to live in peace and security in their land with the whole city of Jerusalem as their Capital.

5- The need to preserve and make known all languages, cultures, groups, religions and ideologies, and the right of every human being to have a real opportunity to learn about all of these.

6-The need to struggle against all forms of discrimination.

7-The respect towards Nature and compassion for all living beings.

National Symbols and their meaning

.......The National Flower of Let-be-land is the lime, which blooms in this region at the time of the independence declaration, also the time of the Jewish Feast of Lights which celebrates freedom from oppression.

Laws: http://www.freewebs.com/letbeland/laws.htm

These are the the crimes that lead to immediate and definitive exclusion from Let-be-land; they are in force both to insider and outsider citizens.......
.......3-Ant-Semitism ( including denying Israel’s right over Jerusalem and all Eretz Yisrael) and any other form of racial discrimination.[/color
]

Offline Taylor

• Full JTFer
    • Avid Editor's Insights
Re: Only to Jews
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 05:04:00 AM »
When Argentina starts putting Nazis on trial, I will respect that country. Being pro Israel is important but being a safe haven for Nazis, what do you expect?

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 09:39:33 AM »
When Argentina starts putting Nazis on trial, I will respect that country. Being pro Israel is important but being a safe haven for Nazis, what do you expect?

Most nazis have already died, or taken abroad to be judged. The problem with Argentina is that they still refuse to recognise Jerusalem. Let-be-land was founded to protest against it, and also against Argentine anti-Israeli votes in the UN. That was the intent of our protest by declaring a sovereign State inside Argentina. But now, some of us are beggining to think that, maybe, it's not correct to mention Jews in our protest. That would be involving them in a protest they didn't endorse. So we are considering the possiblity of editing our texts if a Constitutional reform is encated in our micronation.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 10:26:29 AM »
although well meaning, it sounds a bit irrelevant. Something in argentina about what people can speak about regarding israel. It isn't going to make much difference.  Maybe I Have the wrong attitude there. But anyhow..

jews in particular are very diverse, no individual can really speak for jews.

infact, even a tony blair or a george bush , would be considered by many to be not speaking for their respective countries!

just becuase somebody is british it doesn't qualify them to speak for britain.
similarly if jewish..

or even within any group.

I suppose a person if he is the leader, could speak for his party.  And members have him as their spokesperson. For example, rabbi kahane spoke for kahanists.
a person can speak for an organisation. that's for sure. And an organisation can have members, that show their consent by joining or retracting their membership.