Poll

Would you buy as much gas as possible and store it someplace?

Yes
5 (35.7%)
No
9 (64.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Poll: If gas hits a low, and is expected to rise again......  (Read 865 times)

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
Poll: If gas hits a low, and is expected to rise again......
« on: November 21, 2008, 10:36:14 AM »
I will...

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Poll: If gas hits a low, and is expected to rise again......
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 11:44:45 AM »
Who wants to store a whole bunch of Gas?  Its dangerous and you'd need a huge tank or a bunch of large barrels.

If you want to hedge with gas..... just buy Oil future options.

BUT!!!!!!   it may stay low for a very long time.   

If you want to hoard something... hoard.  AMUNITION!!!!!

« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 11:50:09 AM by briann »

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 02:46:46 PM »
i will use it as needed. THe price of gas was up becuase of Bush's policy...but really nobody has money anymore to get gasoline..so that's why the prices went down..IT's smart business. I expect with this recession the dollar become deflated and price of essentials and most other things go down. IT's the right thing to do. CEO's are so greedy these days that they will refuse to do such things..They will be hit so hard when reality hits them with Obama's tax raise.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 03:56:57 PM »
i will use it as needed. THe price of gas was up becuase of Bush's policy...but really nobody has money anymore to get gasoline..so that's why the prices went down..IT's smart business. I expect with this recession the dollar become deflated and price of essentials and most other things go down. IT's the right thing to do. CEO's are so greedy these days that they will refuse to do such things..They will be hit so hard when reality hits them with Obama's tax raise.

Dan,

Please explain which of 'Bushes' policies was responsible for the high prices. I place the blame on the oil companies taking advantage of fears spawned by speculators in the stock market.

Thank you,
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 03:59:13 PM »
You just hit the nail on the head. Oil was obscenely expensive because investors wanted it to be and unanimously agreed that it would be. It's ridiculous. Our market has not been based on actual data (supply and demand) for some time now.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 04:27:32 PM »

Dan,

Please explain which of 'Bushes' policies was responsible for the high prices. I place the blame on the oil companies taking advantage of fears spawned by speculators in the stock market.

Thank you,

People are completely forgetting that oil isnt much about what happens in the U.S.A. anymore  We are about 20% of the total demand and about 3% of the total supply.

So analyzing JUST what happens in the US is myopic.

In reality... almost 75% of the oil speculators were NOT Americans.  Markets are global nowadays.  And many of these stupid speculators have lost their shirt... just like the morons who had their life savings int eh stock market in the late 20's OR the real estate speculators of a couple years ago.

What goes around comes around... and these speculators should ALL BE PUNISHED.... with their NOW worthless portfolios.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 10:50:49 PM »
Not a good idea, unless your planing to open up your own gas station.  ;D

I though that Geo Metro was a fuel efficient vehicle... jk.
I'd rather would focus on making petrol fuel obsolete rather than a precious commodity, we must pressure government and big business to fully commit to alternative sources of energy and stop BS-ing about doing it in the next 10-20 years.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 12:41:39 AM »
Its really tough to try and make money in times like this....   Because people are hopping from one speculative investment to another... and each one seems to burst just as quickly.  Oil will rebound.... but who knows when?

The best investment right now... is the investment that will SABOTAGE our illegitimate president-elect.   So... maybe Gold.... or maybe even.... god forbid..... invest in China. (At least temporarily)... it might actually end up being a good investment.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 12:35:05 PM »

Dan,

Thank you,

It's an assumption that as soon as Bush did his cowboy go it alone policy (which I admire, btw) the oil producing nations, such as the ones found in the middle east decided to do what they did.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2008, 01:58:01 PM »

Dan,

Thank you,

It's an assumption that as soon as Bush did his cowboy go it alone policy (which I admire, btw) the oil producing nations, such as the ones found in the middle east decided to do what they did.

The truth is much simpler.  When the price was at $137 per barrel, Global oil supply was NOT low... it was actually at near record highs.

However.... demand was through the roof.   This was partially because of record demand from emerging markets but MOSTLY because of HUGE speculation from around the world.

now.. speculation has reverted to fear.   This was sparked by economic turmoil which has made people penny pinchers.

Other than that... between 10 months ago and now.... nothing else has happened.   The supply hasn't suddenly doubled..... they didn't find a massive new oil supply... NO!!!   its demand changes that has caused all of this variation.