Author Topic: Aliens/other lifeform on planets?  (Read 1033 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Aliens/other lifeform on planets?
« on: November 21, 2008, 02:39:49 PM »
Well I don't know what Torah says about it, but there's been a lot of talk about space and mars lately, I'm admittedly a space junky myself. With the universe being so large and so many planets, the chance of life somewhere is very likely but does Torah mention anything about other forms of life or creatures? I'm not talking your average hillbilly who sees a UFO in his backyard or cropcircles as I think that's fabricated but life on other planets. Is it possible there is another life form that even follows Torah? I think it is mentioned that there are several dimensions somewhere.

I know eventually we will run out of crucial resources like oil and iron, we will need to obtain these somewhere. Mars has plenty of iron. The moon is rumored to contain Helium-3.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Aliens/other lifeform on planets?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 02:43:35 PM »
there might be, but so what? I highly doubt humans can survive on any other planet for a long term basis.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 02:49:52 PM »
I've heard a rabbi and a preacher say that stating there is no life beyond earth is stating G-d is limited to his creation. Makes sense to me.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 03:07:04 PM »
there might be, but so what? I highly doubt humans can survive on any other planet for a long term basis.

Curiosity, why else would these planets exist? There must be meaning in their existence. Maybe God intended for us to use these planets for resources or if we had to leave earth for some reason?

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 03:27:21 PM »
Well, if he's the God of the universe, and we're talking about planets in this gallaxy which are in this universe, then why not?
Are the other planets created by him?
Then why can't some of them carry life?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 06:42:40 PM »
I'm guessing there is.

BUT!!!!! I have this strange feeling... that we MAY be the only intelligent ones out there.  But thats just a guess.... who knows!!!

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
  • What is, What was, What could be. thats what I see
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 06:45:39 PM »
As the same chemical and physical processes that are present on Earth appear to be consistant thoughout the local region of our universe...why should there not be life?
"You must not have looked in the new dictionary for the word Genocide, Because Right next to it is a picture of me with a capton that reads...over my dead body!"

The Doctor

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 10:25:59 PM »

Curiosity, why else would these planets exist?

Everything (all these planets) that G-d created, He created only for Israel (check Brachot 32).
 Also to see the glory of Hashe-m, the greatness of G-d who created it all.

About life on other planets it's a debate and both use RambaN's words where he says that their isn't life on other planets like the life here. (So some say that their is life but without free choice like here, and other's take it to mean that their isn't other life.). And then again their are mentions of other forms of life in places like the Zohar, but I cant say what it really means. maybe its mashol and not literal. We dont know for sure untile we will see. (Not only life on other planet's, but life deep on this earth, deep deep down. I think the Zohar, maybe Talmud not sure talks about it).
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2008, 10:34:38 PM »
If it's there then God knows about it and had a hand in forming it.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2008, 10:41:02 PM »
Well I don't know what Torah says about it,<snip>

In a previous thread (about the 6000 years, remember?) , a thread that you recently *started*..

I mentioned this link
including the words "Classic webpage" after it!

if you'd have read it you'd see it talks about aliens.

http://www.jewishmag.com/8MAG/WORLDS/worlds1.htm (Classic webpage)

ther are things in the Zohar about aliens, as Tzvi mentions.

here's a classic paragraph!

"Gehinnom (Hell) is identified as being at the fourth level called Gey, while, at the fifth level, in a world called Nishiyah, there lives a small statured race who are said to be all male (perhaps, androgynous),who have no noses, but only two slits through which they breathe. Sound familiar? Furthermore, a translation of the word Nishiyah means something like 'dreamlike' or 'amnesiac'. Earth, itself, is, of course, at the seventh level, and is known in the Zohar as Tevel.
"

Offline ape

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2008, 10:46:37 PM »
Zohar is the Talmud? What's Zohar?

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2008, 10:58:54 PM »
Zohar is the Talmud? What's Zohar?

A mystical text, accepted by most religious jews.

It's not a foundation of judaism..Not central to it. In that the text was discovered less than a thousand year ago. Curiously it had not even been mentioned beforehand.   There was of course orthodox judaism before the zohar. So many rabbis had never heard of it, but still new judaism inside out. 

The talmud and tenach are real core texts of judaism