Author Topic: Libertarianism  (Read 939 times)

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
Libertarianism
« on: November 26, 2008, 03:33:45 AM »
Would you support this? I do.

http://www.isil.org/

Offline GodGunsAndGlory

• Full JTFer
Re: Libertarianism
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 04:03:57 AM »
Burning human beings alive during because they are considered not human by the state was wrong when the Nazis did it and its wrong today.

That's why I hate libertarians. Suggest you look up saline abortion and tell me you can agree with the people that call it a "choice" and "reproductive rights."

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 04:06:07 AM »
Libertarians are too liberal on moral issues like drugs, prostitution, religion, sex etc. They're not true righteous conservatives.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 04:10:55 AM »
Burning human beings alive during because they are considered not human by the state was wrong when the Nazis did it and its wrong today.

That's why I hate libertarians. Suggest you look up saline abortion and tell me you can agree with the people that call it a "choice" and "reproductive rights."

Many libertarians are pro-life, not pro-abortion. And if some libertarian is pro-abortion and considers foetuses as non-humans, that is because of his own twisted mind, not because libertarianism.
"Free-choice" and "reproductive rights" are terms usually used by leftists, not by libertarians.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 04:14:39 AM »

Many libertarians are pro-life, not pro-abortion. And if some libertarian is pro-abortion and considers foetuses as non-humans, that is because of his own twisted mind, not because libertarianism.
"Free-choice" and "reproductive rights" are terms usually used by leftists, not by libertarians.

There liberal, moderate, and "conservative" libertarians, but they're still in the "libertarian" category, if they're righteous they would just vote on the conservative issue. I think there are some exceptions with some libertarians, that are able of being righteous moral christians, but probably very very few.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 04:15:59 AM »
Libertarians are too liberal on moral issues like drugs, prostitution, religion, sex etc. They're not true righteous conservatives.
The human Govt has no right to dictate private moral. Did any authority support and enforce Judaism during the two milenia exile? No. Synagogues, which are private orgs in the diaspora, kept Judaism and its values alive, in spite of all persecutions by States and society.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 04:18:47 AM »
The human Govt has no right to dictate private moral. Did any authority support and enforce Judaism during the two milenia exile? No. Synagogues, which are private orgs in the diaspora, kept Judaism and its values alive, in spite of all persecutions by States and society.

I just think they should change their positions on moral issues both "conservative libertarians and liberal ones" such as religion, drugs etc.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 04:25:36 AM »

I just think they should change their positions on moral issues both "conservative libertarians and liberal ones" such as religion, drugs etc.

Don't you think that a religious non-Jewish conservative could some day turn against Judaism? Jews and Noahides are still a minority in all Gentile countries! Not good to rely on the State to look after private morality.

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 04:30:38 AM »

Don't you think that a religious non-Jewish conservative could some day turn against Judaism? Jews and Noahides are still a minority in all Gentile countries! Not good to rely on the State to look after private morality.

Well, if they turned away against Judaism, then they obviously wouldn't be supporters of Israel and probably would be secret Jew-haters. I'm not saying that is the case, but you do make somewhat of a point. Of course, there are exceptions with some Libertarians but majority I'd say aren't righteous, some are pro-Israel.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 04:46:08 AM »
The problem now is that bigotry, racial/religious/cultural hate (especially Anti-Semitism) are still grwoing both among the right and the left. Most Western countries are trying to cotroll it by increasingly more stringent anti-discrimination laws which, besides being ineffective, have some side effects like limiting freedonm of speech and even thought. Today our Parliament was discussing higher penalties for all criticism of ANY life style as hate crimes.
The dillemma is: If we punish any supposedely hate speech/thought with jail, soon we'll have to read the Penal Code each time we want to speak, while anti-Semites always manage to cheat that Laws by speaking against Israeli Govt or policies. On the other side, if we soften the Law, hate could become out of controll and become a threat.
Libertarianism would replace that Laws with more efficient meassures. In a society where there is no place to intevention on private life, and respect for human individual sovereignty is essential, we wouldn't have to worry too much about hate speech, since any attack would be punished as an act of initiation of force, instead of the ambigous crime of discrimination.