Author Topic: Please read!, Pray that I will be able to get home next month, I return 12/28/08  (Read 1377 times)

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/11/25/asia/thai.php

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Thailand-Bangkok-Suvarnabhumi-International-Airport-Closed-After-Protesters-Storm-Terminal/Article/200811415161144?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_3&lid=ARTICLE_15161144_Thailand%3A_Bangkok_Suvarnabhumi_International_Airport_Closed_After_Protesters_Storm_Terminal

Thousands Stuck At Bangkok Airport
Personalise your news
Help

Use the drop down menu below to filter stories and videos the way you want - when you want it!
Pick your News

12:03am UK, Wednesday November 26, 2008
At least 3,000 passengers are stranded at Bangkok's international airport after anti-government protesters took control of the building.

Protesters block airport

Protesters blocked entrance to Bangkok's international airport

The operator, Airports of Thailand, said they had shut it down after anti-government protesters surged into the main terminal building.

At least 2,000 supporters of the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) had surrounded the airport as part of their six-month campaign to oust the government.

A spokesman for the operator said:"We have already informed the airlines who operate from it.

"Flights in the air will be diverted to either Chiang Mai, Phuket or other airports, but it closed as of 9pm (2pm GMT)."

British Airways told Sky News that all flights scheduled to land at the airport have cancelled or diverted.

Those flights that would have stopped in Bangkok en route to other destinations have been diverted to Singapore.

Anti-Government Protests Turn Violent In Thailand

The airport closure comes after PAD demonstrators earlier opened fire on government supporters, injuring at least 11 people.

At least two security guards fired half a dozen rounds from handguns at rival protesters.

Fighting between the two groups started when government supporters threw rocks at a truck carrying their rivals as it was returning from a rally at the airport.

The airport has served as temporary government headquarters since the alliance occupied the prime minister's office in late August.

"It is time to make a clear-cut choice between good and evil, between those who are loyal and traitors," PAD leader Somsak Kosaisuk told supporters at the rally.

The PAD opposes the current government because it considers it to be a puppet of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who was ousted in 2006.

RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
I heard about that,i will pray you get back safetly with 5 nice Thai girls for me.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
Right now I am in Ubon, that is the North East province 8 hours away from Bangkok.  But for 2 days now Suvarnabhumi Airport (the one I need) has  been shut down cause of these stupid protesting.  I am safe don't worry.  If it gets completely out of hand the U.S. Embassy is in Bangkok they can always fly me to Manilla and then direct to the States.  But for now, I am safe.  I still got work to do here.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
I am 8 hours away by car one by plane from all their [censored] but if this don't get resolved and it gets uglier I will go to the base here they will send me to the base in Manila and through there fly to the states

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
IF IT REALLY GETS BAD THEY'LL SEND IN TROOPS TO GET  U.S. CITIZENS OUT
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
I'll pray you get home safely, Wolf. 

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
<snip>
Thousands Stuck At Bangkok Airport
<snip>

It's about time they put a sign up warning men not to walk through the airport doors sideways.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
Don't worry, as long as you are not in a muzzy country, you are relatively safe.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
I will pray for your safety, MasterWolf.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 11:25:03 AM by bullcat3 »
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
You have our blessings.  Yes... Ive been reading about Thailand's turmoil.    Its seems like its a wildfire spreading everywhere.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
I have to stay through Christmas too, I hope this ends soon or i will go to the embassy and tell them to get me the hell out of here.  This just began 2 days ago, already they went to seize the Parlament and now the 2 major airports, one is the international.  They brought the fighting up to Chaing Mai, I am away from it right now but if it gets ugly I will have the base send me to Manila and come home

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
How scary! I hope things get better in the next few days so you are safe to stay another month more. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a safe journey home and while there. Please take care and keep us informed.
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
Don't worry, as long as you are not in a muzzy country, you are relatively safe.

Very true words

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
I hope and pray this is over before you have to fly home!

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
We are praying for your safety!  I have heard of violence many places on the globe, the chaos is definitely increasing, people don't go overseas unnecessarily!