Author Topic: Iraqis start poisoning and shooting stray dogs  (Read 902 times)

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Iraqis start poisoning and shooting stray dogs
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 06:08:49 AM »
Packs of stray dogs can be a problem however there may or may not be a better way of handling the situation than shown in the article. The poor dog in the picture seems to be very harmless but...... Some years ago I worked out at Kennedy Airport. Back then the outskirt's of the airport had great empty spaces that were left in their natural state. Stray dogs from the surrounding neighborhoods would migrate to the open spots along the Belt Parkway and into the airport. Packs of dogs numbering 15 or 20 or even more were not unheard of. Over the years I saw a few of the packs up close and I was glad I was not on foot at the time since they looked mean and dangerous. A airport police officer I knew told me that the packs were very dangerous because dogs become aggressive in numbers. It was the policy back then to shoot them and eliminate the problem of someone being attacked. Seeing the dogs up close a few times made me understand that this was the best policy since in most cases the dogs could never live in a domestic situation if not put down.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 07:32:45 AM »
This is a problem in areas where animals can mate without restriction...and I don't mean the dogs.

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 02:22:07 PM »
that picture on the yahoo link was the last thing I needed to see  :'(

Offline Cato

• Pro JTFer

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 06:47:53 AM »
Packs of stray dogs can be a problem however there may or may not be a better way of handling the situation than shown in the article. The poor dog in the picture seems to be very harmless but...... Some years ago I worked out at Kennedy Airport. Back then the outskirt's of the airport had great empty spaces that were left in their natural state. Stray dogs from the surrounding neighborhoods would migrate to the open spots along the Belt Parkway and into the airport. Packs of dogs numbering 15 or 20 or even more were not unheard of. Over the years I saw a few of the packs up close and I was glad I was not on foot at the time since they looked mean and dangerous. A airport police officer I knew told me that the packs were very dangerous because dogs become aggressive in numbers. It was the policy back then to shoot them and eliminate the problem of someone being attacked. Seeing the dogs up close a few times made me understand that this was the best policy since in most cases the dogs could never live in a domestic situation if not put down.

I know they can be dangerous but it just gives the Iraqis another excuse to kill.  Dogs are dirty in Islam and Mohammed said to kill black dogs.  No civilized country would do this especially to puppies.

Offline Zionist Revolutionary

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 08:11:16 AM »
If US soldiers did this, EVERY news outlet would be talking about.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 08:13:01 AM »
In Israel, the Thai immigrant workers capture the stray cats and EAT THEM! and dogs running free on the Israeli streets.  So..i dunno who's crazier..but I know that for them cats and dogs are delicacies.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 09:50:32 AM »
If only WE could poison and shoot stray Muslims in THIS country!!!!!!!!!
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline momofsixbabes

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 01:58:30 PM »
Where is PETA?