Author Topic: Conservative Jews Voice Relief as Clinton Announcement Nears  (Read 998 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Conservative Jews Voice Relief as Clinton Announcement Nears
« on: November 30, 2008, 03:18:27 PM »
This is an interesting article from IsraelNationalNews... I dont share the views of this article. What do you think of this?
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/128620

Conservative Jews Voice Relief as Clinton Announcement Nears
Kislev 3, 5769, 30 November 08 07:32
by Gil Ronen

(IsraelNN.com) President-elect Barack Obama planned to nominate Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton as his secretary of state on Monday. Obama will name the New York senator to his national security team at a news conference in Chicago, FOX News reported.

To clear the way for his wife to take the job, former President Bill Clinton agreed to disclose the names of every contributor to his foundation since its inception in 1997. He'll also refuse donations from foreign governments to the Clinton Global Initiative, his annual charitable conference, and will cease holding CGI meetings overseas.

Bill Clinton's business deals and global charitable endeavors were expected to create problems for Hillary's nomination. But in negotiations with the Obama transition team, the former president agreed to take steps that would make his post-presidential work more transparent.

Fears put to rest?
The nomination is causing at least some influential politically conservative Jews in the U.S. to breathe a sigh of relief. Together with the appointment of Rep. Rahm Emanuel as White House chief of staff, it removes many of the fears that Obama would be an anti-Israeli president.

"The appointment of Congressman Rahm Emanuel as White House chief of staff and the expected choice of Senator Hillary Clinton as secretary of state should put to rest fears that Mr. Obama harbors any deep-seated animosity toward the Jewish state," The Jewish Press wrote last weekend, in an article credited to its editorial board.

"As has been widely reported, Mr. Emanuel was an IDF civilian volunteer during the first Gulf War, has been an unabashed supporter of Israel while in Congress, and his father fought in the Irgun. The fact that the president-elect chose someone with Mr. Emanuel's background to oversee his White House speaks volumes," the Press  determined.

'One of Israel's strongest supporters'
"As for Sen. Clinton," it added, "she has long erased any reasonable doubt as to where her sympathies are regarding the Middle East. Indeed, she has emerged as one of Israel's strongest Senate supporters of the Jewish state. While we have no doubt that Mr. Obama's apparent selection of Sen. Clinton had a lot to do with domestic politics, it still is instructive that he chose as secretary of state someone with such a strong record on Israel."

"A secretary of state named Hillary Clinton will assuage many of our doubts," the editorial added.

The Jewish Press is considered to have a politically conservative viewpoint and editorial policy. Among contributors past and present are Aaron Klein, Rebbetzin Esther Jungreis, Steven Plaut and Menachem Porush. Rabbi Meir Kahane was an editor of the publication.

A New York Times analysis piece wrote last week that Obama's reported selections for Secretary of State and Treasury Secretary "suggest that Mr. Obama is planning to govern from the center-right of his party, surrounding himself with pragmatists rather than ideologues."
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Conservative Jews Voice Relief as Clinton Announcement Nears
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 03:25:31 PM »
The real problem I have with both Clinton and Emmanuel is that they both support the 'two-state' solution which we have heard for many years. At first I was one who supported this ideal, but over time I have grown to realize that it is naive. I believe that Islam is incompatible with Judaism and we should not be forced to live amongst a people who want to kill us. Israel needs to be the one and only Jewish state in the world and the Arabs can have the rest. If only they can live side-by-side with us Jews.

I don't support the 'two-state' solution and thus don't agree with the articles author that these appointments are particularly good for the Jewish people.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 03:47:28 PM »
How exactly has Hillary been "supportive" of Israel? What are the authors of this article talking about?

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 03:59:32 PM »
  In 1998 Hitlery turned AGAINST the Jews and sided with ARAFAT.  :nono:
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 04:19:09 PM »
Well, at least they won't support anihilation in Israel. The "two-Sate" solution is suicide, but what can the US do, if Leftists in power in Israel endorse it? Anyway, the proposal of a Palii State is not a threat, since it will never be carried out. Even if Israelis wanted it, Arabs will demand the "right to return" and drowning Jews in the sea. No matter how much self-hating Israeli Leftist are, they don't want to be killed.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 05:09:56 PM »
So Hillary supported Israel for a few years in the Senate because it helps her garner support among Jewish voters in NY for her time in the Senate.  How do people not see that she is an opprtunist. She had no problem taking donations in her Senate race from Hezbollah supporters until she was found out and was not pro-Israel until she got to NY. She would love to be seen as the person who spearheaded the Israeli-Fakestinian peace process and throw Isarel's safety under the bus for her own personal gain.  Obama and her have had no problem throwing supporters and their own principles under the bus but that makes her and Obama more dangerous.  The press will call it a good deal and a fair deal and will leave Israel in a weak position.  What if Israel accepts the right of return? 

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 05:25:58 PM »
Well, at least they won't support anihilation in Israel. The "two-Sate" solution is suicide, but what can the US do, if Leftists in power in Israel endorse it? Anyway, the proposal of a Palii State is not a threat, since it will never be carried out. Even if Israelis wanted it, Arabs will demand the "right to return" and drowning Jews in the sea. No matter how much self-hating Israeli Leftist are, they don't want to be killed.

Well they may not openly support the annihilation of Israel but they will not be concerned if Israel is wiped out of the map completely God forbid. They consider Israel as a liability not as a real friend of America.
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 05:42:16 PM »
These "conservative" Jews consider Hillary Clinton and Rahm Emmanuel friends of Israel? They're not conservative at all if that is the case.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 06:20:09 PM »
Frankly, I must stand by a comment that I posted a few days about about Hillary as Secretary of State:  If we're hoping for Obama to fail, even if there's painful fallout, then this is a great first step.

Hillary has made a hash of just about everything that she's ever headed.  As for Hillary being a supporter of Israel, all me to admit that I don't follow Israeli politics that closely, and even I remember that incident with Hillary embracing Arafat's widow after she (Arafat's widow) made a speech filled with loony allegations of mistreatment of Palestinians.

As for Bill, there's no way that he can keep his nose clean, especially when Bill desperately wants back into the limelight, ahead of what Bill surely views as a mulatto interloper.  I find the comments about Bill giving personal assurances to be amusing if it wasn't so ridiculous that people still believe the guy ...... this is a man who lied on tape in front of the entire country in a Federal courtroom.

Don't take my word for the hash that's coming from the return of the Clintons ..... that's the opinion of no less than Dick Morris, who knows the Clintons as well as anybody.