Author Topic: The party line on Obama citizenship issue-Berg lawsuit  (Read 784 times)

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
The party line on Obama citizenship issue-Berg lawsuit
« on: December 01, 2008, 04:34:35 PM »
Dear Dr. :

Thank you for contacting me regarding President-Elect Obama's citizenship. I appreciate hearing from you and would like to respond to your concerns.

Like you, I believe that our federal government has the responsibility to make certain that the Constitution of the United States is not compromised. We must fight to uphold our Constitution through our courts and political processes.

Article II of the Constitution provides that "no Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President." The Constitution, however, does not specify how that qualification for office is to be enforced. As you may know, a voter recently raised this issue before a federal court in Pennsylvania. On October 24, 2008, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania released an order in the case of Berg v.Obama.In that case, the plaintiff, Phillip Berg, raised the same issue that your letter raises regarding proof of the President-Elect's birthplace. Through his lawsuit, Mr. Berg sought to compel President-Elect Obama to produce a certified copy of his birth certificate.

The District Court dismissed Mr. Berg's suit and held that the question of Obama's citizenship is not a matter for a court to decide. The court further noted that voters, not courts, should decide whether a particular presidential candidate is qualified to hold office.

Presidential candidates are vetted by voters at least twice - first in the primary elections and again in the general election. President-Elect Obama won the Democratic Party's nomination after one of the most fiercely contested presidential primaries in American history. And, he has now been duly elected by the majority of voters in the United States. Throughout both the primary and general election, concerns about Mr. Obama's birthplace were raised. The voters have made clear their view that Mr. Obama meets the qualifications to hold the office of President.

After he is sworn into office, Mr. Obama will be our nation's President and I intend to bestow upon him the honor and respect due any man who holds that Office. Yet, I am certain that there will be times when I will disagree and oppose President Obama's policies. When that happens, you can be assured that I will pursue vigorously what I believe to be in the best interest of Florida and the nation.

I thank you for sharing your views with me and will keep your concerns in mind. If you have additional questions or comments, please contact me. For more information about issues and activities important to Florida, please sign up for my weekly newsletter at http://martinez.senate.gov.

Sincerely,

Mel Martinez
United States Senator

Offline CorrieDeservedIt

• Pro JTFer
Re: The party line on Obama citizenship issue-Berg lawsuit
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 05:27:58 PM »
I hate to bring the bad news
but it seems to me that obama's birth certificate issue
is nothing but a conspiracy theory.

As much as I hate Obama I hate conspiracy theories.

think about it people

Philip J berg is a 9/11 conspiracy theorist.
He even filed a law suit against bush because he thought he might have been responsible.

Don't trust this case.
I have lost my faith in this, ever since I found out what type of man Philip J berg is.

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 05:31:30 PM »

think about it people

He even filed a law suit against bush because he thought he might have been responsible.

Don't trust this case.
I have lost my faith in this, ever since I found out what type of man Philip J berg is.

Perhaps, however, if he would present his birth certificate, the matter could be easily resolved.

Offline JewishAmericanPatriot

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 05:33:20 PM »
Berg is not the only one with a lawsuit before the SCOTUS.

Leo Donofrio (another lawyer, from NJ) also has one.

Alan Keyes in CA also has one.

So do MANY others.

For the latest info on it, go to http://www.americamustknow.com
JOIN THE ANTI-OBAMA RESISTANCE!

America's Last Stand: http://americaslaststand.angelfire.com

SAVAGE INGRATITUDE: http://www.savageingratitude.com

Offline Ben Yehuda

• Director Of Marketing
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 05:40:30 PM »
Thanks Patriot.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 06:17:05 PM »
We need new legislation to require that this be enforced, if no law is in place requiring its enforcement.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 06:32:30 PM »

think about it people

Don't trust this case.
Who I don't trust is Bush's successor he should just produce the darn birth document if he can and the story will be over. He won't because he can't. Nothing will come if this because the government is going to do everything in their power to see that this issue is suppressed. The filthy monkey was advised of this in the first beginning and that's why he is now playing hardball over the documents. Still and all Republicans should use this issue as a tool to delegitimise the successor's presidency the same way the Democraps did to Bush in his first term. For me I have lost my faith when I saw the American voters were dumb enough to put a half breed muzzy that hates America into the most powerful seat in the world.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 06:41:33 PM »
I too have my doubts about Mr. Berg, but not the issue of Obama's citizenship.  But at the end of the day, tis case, regardless of who is pursuing it, will go nowhere.