Author Topic: NYC Bus Driver Stabbed To Death  (Read 843 times)

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
NYC Bus Driver Stabbed To Death
« on: December 02, 2008, 11:10:40 AM »
http://wcbstv.com/breakingnewsalerts/nyc.bus.driver.2.877183.html

BROOKLYN (CBS) ― Police said a New York City bus driver was stabbed to death Monday afternoon by a rider apparently angry over not receiving a free transfer.

The driver of the B-46 bus, identified as 46-year-old Edwin Thomas, was operating the bus in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn and picked up the suspect around 12:30 p.m. Monday at Malcolm X Boulevard near Gates Avenue.

Police said the man swiped an invalid fare card and sat down on the bus, then asked for a transfer slip usually available to riders.

Police told CBS 2 HD that when the driver told the man that he didn't pay for the ride and couldn't get a transfer, the man punched the driver in the head and stabbed him to death while other riders looked on.

"It's crazy because, I mean, the bus driver was cool," witness Benjamin Stacking said. "He let me on. I was 50 cents short and he still let me on and gave me a transfer, so that's kind of crazy.

"No reason to stab a bus driver if you are broke or have no money and can't get a transfer. No reason to stab a person."

The suspect fled on foot. Police are looking for a black male between 18 and 20 years old wearing black jeans and an Adidas jacket.

The incident marked the first time a NYC bus driver has been killed on the job in 27 years. Police are offering a $12,000 reward for any information on the suspect.

If you have any information, please call CrimeStoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS.

Elliot Lee Sander, the Metropolitan Transportation Authority's executive director and chief executive, said Thomas was a seven-year veteran and characterized him as "a valued employee" who would "be sorely missed."

"Bus operator Thomas was killed while serving the people of New York City," Sander said. "This is an extraordinary tragedy for the city and the MTA."

Gov. David Paterson said in a statement he was "shocked and saddened" by the killing of Thomas, who the governor said "spent his career ensuring the safety of his passengers."

Mayor Michael Bloomberg described Thomas in a statement as a "good man who was good at his job of helping move New York City."

The mayor said he spoke with Thomas's son Jeffrey, offering the family his sympathies.

"In Edwin's memory, I ask all New Yorkers riding public transit tonight or tomorrow to take an extra moment to say 'Thank you' to our New York City Transit workers and I ask everyone to keep Edwin Thomas' family and loved ones in your prayers," the mayor's statement said.

The fatal attack on the bus driver, the mayor said, was "so shocking" partly because such violence has become rare. The last bus driver killed while on the job was Harvey Shield in 1981 in Brooklyn, the MTA said.

Assaulting an on-duty MTA employee is a felony.

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Re: NYC Bus Driver Stabbed To Death
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 11:31:30 AM »
He was driving on Malcom X boulevard?  I didn't even know that there was a Malcom X boulevard.  These people just don't value human life.  Killed over a bus transfer.  Watch how the liberal press spins this, if they bother to even report it at all.  They'll be talking about poverty and how desperate it makes some people.  And that we all have a responsibility to change the quality of life for these people, and that we can't expect them to value human life, when we don't value their lives. 

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 01:07:56 PM »
Black and between 18-20 does this suprise anyone???
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 08:10:37 PM »
He was driving on Malcom X boulevard?  I didn't even know that there was a Malcom X boulevard.  These people just don't value human life.  Killed over a bus transfer.  Watch how the liberal press spins this, if they bother to even report it at all.  They'll be talking about poverty and how desperate it makes some people.  And that we all have a responsibility to change the quality of life for these people, and that we can't expect them to value human life, when we don't value their lives. 

Yes there is a malcom x boulevard, mlk blvd. I was actually over there yesterday morning driving and I hate going there. Its dangerous at all times and whites are the true minority.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 09:11:31 PM »
Malcome Xcrement blvd,, where all the Xcrement reside
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 09:20:19 PM »
5-10 years tops for second-degree homicide (if he is caught). Likely time off for good behavior or evidence of religious conversion (hmmm, I wonder what that would mean for a black Nazi murderer).

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 09:35:11 PM »

Yes there is a malcom x boulevard, mlk blvd. I was actually over there yesterday morning driving and I hate going there. Its dangerous at all times and whites are the true minority.
You ain't kidding whites are in a minority there!! Try going there at night all you see is teeth and eyes. You don't get the true picture of the place unless you drive through there on a hot summer night.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 07:02:09 PM »

You ain't kidding whites are in a minority there!! Try going there at night all you see is teeth and eyes. You don't get the true picture of the place unless you drive through there on a hot summer night.

lol teeth and eyes so correct

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 07:08:54 PM »
Malcome Xcrement blvd,, where all the Xcrement reside

It's just like MLK BLVD
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008, 08:51:11 PM »
Trampling at the malls, stabbing bus drivers, and this is what they do to their own, imagine you!
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!