Author Topic: ABC: Jackson is 'Candidate 5'  (Read 568 times)

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
ABC: Jackson is 'Candidate 5'
« on: December 10, 2008, 11:56:47 AM »
ABC News has a law enforcement source telling them that Jesse Jackson, Jr. is "Senate Candidate Five," the one who was -- according to Blagojevich -- willing to supply campaign cash in exchange for the Senate seat.

(This, incidentally, doesn't strike me as all that unusual in politics, or as obviously criminal as other things in the complaint -- though the crudeness with which Blagojevich discussed it was.)

ABC reports:

Jackson Jr. said "I don't know" when asked if he was Candidate #5, but said he was told "I am not a target of this investigation."

Jackson Jr. said he agreed to talk with federal investigators "as quickly as possible" after he consults with a lawyer.

The Congressman, a son of the famed civil rights leader, denied that anyone had been authorized to make payments or promises to the Governor on his behalf.

"It is impossible for someone on my behalf to have a conversation that would suggest any type of quid pro quo or any payments or offers," Jackson Jr. told ABC News. "An impossiblity to an absolute certainty."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20081210/pl_politico/27055_1

Offline Gruzinit

• Senior JTFer
Re: ABC: Jackson is 'Candidate 5'
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 11:58:53 AM »
We started off the year with Client #9 and ended it with Candidate #5. Talk about Democratic family values.
The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money. – Alexis de Tocqueville

Communism is like prohibition, it's a good idea but it won't work. - Will Rogers

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 05:45:22 PM »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 08:12:58 PM »
   I wish they would make candidates running for higher positions give up their seats when they run so the seats can be voted for by the people instead of Governers. They have duties which they cannot fully fulfill when they are running for another position. Biden ran for a seat that he wasn't even planning to take.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?