Author Topic: Explain why the Torah's Joshua was not a Terrorist?  (Read 5454 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Explain why the Torah's Joshua was not a Terrorist?
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2008, 11:04:52 PM »
I noticed that Neo-Nazis and Muslims always bring up the Canaanites... illustrating how cruel the Jews are... but many of them won't even acknowledge that the Israelites that succeeded the Canaanites even existed. 

I guess this goes back to them only reading 4 pages a year. :::D

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
  • What is, What was, What could be. thats what I see
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2008, 11:25:44 PM »
Godhelpus -

If you have a legitimate question or concern, I have seen on many occasions how the members of the JTF are willing to explore different points of view. What you did amounted to an attack, not a debate. This is why you got the responses that you did.

Please listen to the "Ask JTF" segment for 12/7/08. I had a dilemma over the correct response of the Jewish people to acts of evil. However I gave a great deal of thought as to how I would phrase my concern. I did this out of respect for the members of this Forum, and because I want to be open to different ideas. I certainly do not have all the answers. I got a very well thought out response that made me think and reflect on an important issue to me.

I seems  like you had already made up your mind when you started this topic. I actually find this quite sad for you  as with this mind set you will never learn and grow.
"You must not have looked in the new dictionary for the word Genocide, Because Right next to it is a picture of me with a capton that reads...over my dead body!"

The Doctor

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2008, 12:39:20 AM »
um isn't the guy banned?
And does that mean he's prohibited from posting or from both posting and reading the forum?
It's a shame he couldn't read Chaim's answer among others if that's what happens if you're banned.
aka Someone Else

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2008, 01:09:46 AM »
um isn't the guy banned?
And does that mean he's prohibited from posting or from both posting and reading the forum?
It's a shame he couldn't read Chaim's answer among others if that's what happens if you're banned.

How could he be banned from READING the forum?

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2008, 01:20:48 AM »
Are you "answering" my questions with a question?
I have never been banned, and would not know.
 :clap: if that is how BANNING works.
The word BAN implies a lot more than preventing someone from posting.

Simple answers to clarify would have been nice, SHEESH briann!
aka Someone Else

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2008, 02:10:40 AM »
um isn't the guy banned?

is that supposed to be a technical question?

The forum software could see his IP and display a page saying "You are banned", instead of the main forum page.   If not the forum software, then the web server itself.

There have been banned members before, they can't view the forum, can't view their own posts. or anybody elses. 

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2008, 02:30:06 AM »
um isn't the guy banned?

The forum software could see his IP and display a page saying "You are banned", instead of the main forum page.   If not the forum software, then the web server itself.

There have been banned members before, they can't view the forum, can't view their own posts. or anybody elses. 

Thank you very much q_q_ for clarifying.  In which case, it is a shame the guy can not read Chaim's answer.  Oh well.

aka Someone Else

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2008, 02:34:39 AM »
But what if he is using a machine in a library or other institution, he will be able to read it because I think you can read the forum without having to log in.

This is the problem with banning based only on the IP, also some ISPs dont give out static IPs and a persons cable modem could get a new IP address assigned to it.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2008, 09:31:09 AM »
When I ban people, I don't ban their IP's -- only their email addresses and user names.  It creates lots of problems when you ban someone's IP address because others can have the same one. 

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2008, 09:34:38 AM »
satanhelpus:

If you have to look 3000 years back to find a Jewish "terrorist".. what does that tell you about the Jews? Have you heard any Cohens or Steinbergs blowing up buses lately?

Listen people, this guy is a waste of your time.. you have nothing to prove to him, he's not worth a 10 page discussion.

Online Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2008, 09:37:06 AM »
The Canaanites were an unspeakably evil people. The difference is simple. Yehoshua was right and Hitler ys"v was wrong.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2008, 01:04:52 PM »
But what if he is <snip>

Yeah, very good muman, there are technical ways to get round technical measures, no point spelling them out. I'm sure he won't use your computer though.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2008, 01:10:01 PM »
When I ban people, I don't ban their IP's -- only their email addresses and user names.  It creates lots of problems when you ban someone's IP address because others can have the same one. 

ok.. so incase anybody isn't clear.. He can read the forum (given that particular type of ban).

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2008, 01:38:40 PM »

OHHHHH K?    How could you possibly be offended to such a degree by my comment/question???  When you read it... .did you start yelling at the computer!!!  HOW DARE BRIANN WRITE SOMETHING SO CONDESESCENDING AND RUDE LIKE 'How could someone be banned from reading'.      :::D  :::D

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2008, 01:58:29 PM »

OHHHHH K?    How could you possibly be offended to such a degree by my comment/question???  When you read it... .did you start yelling at the computer!!!  HOW DARE BRIANN WRITE SOMETHING SO CONDESESCENDING AND RUDE LIKE 'How could someone be banned from reading'.      :::D  :::D

xoce is right.

Brian, your reply was ignorant of logic, ignorant of computers, and worse, it suggested that xoce didn't know what he was talking about, when he did and you didn't. It was wrong on many  levels, and very bad too because it could have prevented others from giving the correct answer.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2008, 02:11:16 PM »
um isn't the guy banned?

Thank you very much q_q_ for clarifying.  In which case, it is a shame the guy can not read Chaim's answer.  Oh well.

well.. I only said that one form of ban involves that and members have been banned in that way before.

Lisa has since said she bans by username/em address,

(so therefore he could read the forum.)

The fact is though, that it doesn't matter whether he reads chaim's answer or not. He was a disgusting piece of garbage claiming of jews that some jews or most jews are not jews..   He fits the bill of standard black anti-semite. or standard muslim anti-semite, or standard anti-semite.   Just blacks and muslims and arabs are more likely to be anti-semitic.

Chaim's answer may be of interest to others here though..  But don't think "oh great he read it , or  Oh no, he didn't".. He was not a logical person, and he was a piece of garbage.

It was a shock to anti-semites like him, that ashkenazim have genes that go back to ancient israel..  (e.g. professor winston did a program and at one point he had his genes tested and the guy asked him if he was jewish and showed him that his ancestry were from ancient israel).  So some less dishonest anti-semites have rejected the khazar theory they had and just fallen back on other reasons to hate jews.  Of course, 20 years ago, these genetic findings didn't exist.. (though even then, many european jews were kohanim and had records and knew they were say 137th descendent of aharon the high priest. kohanim that had recorded it, had a similar figure). The fact is that it's none of his business going up to jews and telling them they are not jewish.  Who is jewish and who is not jewish is something for jews to concern themselves with, and we do, we have jewish law  , and jewish tradition.  The genetic findings did shock people, but we didn't need that.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 02:16:27 PM by q_q_ »

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2008, 02:41:55 PM »
As far as I know, the orders were not to kill all of them if they would accept the yoke of the noahide laws in the Land of Israel, or agree to leave peacefully.    Since these caananites were people who did human sacrifices (of their own children), I find it hard to believe they had all that much grief about it when those who chose to stay and fight got their behinds handed to them.