Author Topic: Looks like Obama has noticed the gun sales surge  (Read 728 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Looks like Obama has noticed the gun sales surge
« on: December 11, 2008, 09:59:18 AM »
And he probably doesn't like it:
http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/obama/1318968,obama-gun-sales-up-120808.article

BY ABDON M. PALLASCH Political Reporter
As gun sales shoot up around the country, President-elect Barack Obama said Sunday that gun-owning Americans do not need to rush out and stock up before he is sworn in next month.
"I believe in common-sense gun safety laws, and I believe in the second amendment," Obama said at a news conference. "Lawful gun owners have nothing to fear. I said that throughout the campaign. I haven't indicated anything different during the transition. I think people can take me at my word."

But National Rifle Association spokesman Andrew Arulanandam said it's not Obama's words — but his legislative track record — that has gun-buyers flocking to the stores.

"Prior to his campaign for president, his record as a state legislator and as a U.S. Senator shows he voted for the most stringent forms of gun control, the most Draconian legislation, gun bans, ammunition bans and even an increase in federal excise taxes up to 500 percent for every gun and firearm sold," Arulanandam said.

Obama answered "yes" in 1996 to a questionnaire from an Illinois group on whether he supported a handgun ban. But he later said a staffer filled out that answer and he did not support a ban.

Nationally, background checks for gun purchases jumped nearly 49 percent during the week Obama was elected, compared with the same time period last year, according to the FBI's National Instant Background Check System.

Anecdotally, gun dealers around the country have reported spikes in sales. The Illinois State Rifle Association Reports gun sales for November were 38 percent higher than last year.

"We don't dispute [the gun sales hike] because the numbers from the federal system certainly confirm that there is increased activity out there. We just think it's a bit stupid," said Peter Hamm, spokesman for the Brady Campaign against Gun Violence.

"Anyone who thinks they need to rush out and buy a firearm clearly has not been paying attention to how quickly we make progress on this issue. We don't think these are first-time buyers. We think they are people who already have more than enough guns at their homes to protect themselves and are buying more."

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
Re: Looks like Obama has noticed the gun sales surge
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 08:55:32 AM »
It's stupid to buy a few more guns when they're registered in Obama computer anyway... On second thought seeing how the same BHO is cought red handed lieing  to the public again I say get guns, ammo, meds and provisions while you can. Hitler before death of Hindenburg in 1934 was acting as democratic leader too.   
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Looks like Obama has noticed the gun sales surge
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 12:21:24 PM »
It's stupid to buy a few more guns when they're registered in Obama computer anyway... On second thought seeing how the same BHO is cought red handed lieing  to the public again I say get guns, ammo, meds and provisions while you can. Hitler before death of Hindenburg in 1934 was acting as democratic leader too.   

That's why you buy private sales and face to face. Their not tracked.