Author Topic: G-d's greatest miracles--what we love about this world  (Read 557 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
G-d's greatest miracles--what we love about this world
« on: December 11, 2008, 08:39:26 PM »
I think we need this.  At least I know I do.  I saw some horrific pictures today.  I'm just trying to get them out of my mind.  I think too often we can get mired in injustice, in insanity, in waste.  It can make us angry or worse, cynical.  I know that this is necessary.  We cannot fight evil if we do not react to it.  But, I don't want to be a bitter person.  I would like to be a grateful person.  That's why I'm making this post; so that while we continue to fight, we can take a moment to reflect upon that which gives us our greatest joys.

Let me begin:  I know of G-d's magnificence when he blesses us with wonderful music.  When I hear Bach or Palestrina, I know that He has allowed humanity a tiny glimpse of His glory.  When I need inspiration or comfort, I know that for me, listening to some great music will draw me closer to G-d.  Maybe this does not always diminish my frustration, but it certainly helps me to put it in perspective.

I have many more things that I can turn to, to remind me just how much I have been blessed.  Perhaps I'll share them later.  So, what is it that affirms the greatness of G-d for you?

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: G-d's greatest miracles--what we love about this world
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 08:52:00 PM »
Something very simple that rabbi kahane said about the 6 day war.
"who wins wars in 6 days?" (he meant it rhetorically. and it would be interesting to see a critical answer)

It is an amazing miracle. it parallels the conquest of israel in biblical times. It shows G-d's hand, and zionism.

It made many american bible believing christians more religious.   It stunned the nations of the world.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: G-d's greatest miracles--what we love about this world
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 10:56:56 PM »
I love music also. It's transcedental. Also His Torah is sweater than honey. (f-course we should study it not only becuase it is soo great and wonderous, but also becuase G-d decreed it).
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/