Author Topic: Anyone here a gamer? Xbox 360, Wii, PC, PS3?  (Read 1991 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Anyone here a gamer? Xbox 360, Wii, PC, PS3?
« on: December 14, 2008, 05:08:27 PM »
Just wondering if we have any gamers here?

I play games on my computer, I have a xbox 360 (gamertag PiLL) and getting a PS3 shortly :)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Anyone here a gamer? Xbox 360, Wii, PC, PS3?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 05:19:05 PM »
I want a PS3 but I'm waiting for the price to go down. I might get one next year.

Right now I've got a PS2 and I really enjoy the Spyro games.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 05:22:48 PM »
I want a PS3 but I'm waiting for the price to go down. I might get one next year.

Right now I've got a PS2 and I really enjoy the Spyro games.

I think they dropped the price down to $399

They released some new chat program called Playstation Home which is like a virtual chat room for PS3, looks kinda nifty.

I'm not too happy with my 360, thinking of selling it.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 05:41:12 PM »
Second hand recommendation : Go with the Wii

My friend has one and loves it...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 05:42:40 PM »
What's wrong with the 360? I've never used that. I like the Wii, I played with one once but I don't have one.

As for the PS3 that's still too expensive for me. I'm hoping it will be cheaper next year.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 05:45:13 PM »
What's wrong with the 360? I've never used that. I like the Wii, I played with one once but I don't have one.

As for the PS3 that's still too expensive for me. I'm hoping it will be cheaper next year.

I will never get a XBox... I am a force against Microsoft...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 05:54:51 PM »
I play sometimes "final doom" and Doom 3.

:::D
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 06:49:23 PM »

Shoddy quality control, overpriced, made in china garbage.

Alright so Sony and Nintendo make some of their consoles in China as well, but Microsoft is downright low when it comes to the American consumer. They screw the consumer selling people their console that is made poorly, it's put together very bad, and a lot of people who bought their consoles early (like me) were screwed. Microsoft basically sold people consoles with defects like bad soldering or using lead paint, hardware that would fail and overheat, and poor DVD drives that scratched the DVD's so they wouldn't work anymore and Microsoft refused to warranty.

Also Microsoft charges 60 dollars a year for their LIVE online service. They have a lot of good games but the console is just not very well made.

I'm a little bit frustrated with Microsoft, the first XBOX was well made, but then the XBOX 360 was just so horribly made with so many problems.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 07:30:53 PM »
White Israelite, thanks for letting me know about the 360, I had no idea it had so many issues. I wasn't planning on getting one but now I know not to.

I read somewhere that you can set up your own maps in one of the Doom games, can you still do that?

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 07:38:15 PM »

Muman, what kind of computer do you own if you are against microsoft?
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 07:39:50 PM »

Microsoft doesn't make computers, just the software. I build my own computers and run Linux Fedora Core operating system on my computers.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 07:48:08 PM by White Israelite »

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 07:50:39 PM »

Microsoft doesn't make computers, just the software. I build my own computers and run Linux Fedora Core operating system on my computers.
I knew that but all computers that are sold in the mainstream electronics stores come with windows on them. I happen to have an apple macbook lol. That is the simplest solution. Linux and building computers is too complicated for me.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2008, 07:56:13 PM »
I have xbox360 and play cod4 and rockband 2. I will get into pc games later once I get a new video card.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2008, 07:56:36 PM »
Second hand recommendation : Go with the Wii

My friend has one and loves it...

Girlfriends paying for the PS3 for me so no problems.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2008, 07:58:09 PM »
I have xbox360 and play cod4 and rockband 2. I will get into pc games later once I get a new video card.

Whats your gamertag for live? Feel free to add me.

I have COD3, COD4, GTA IV, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas, Gears Of War and that's about it right now.

Still need to pick up Farcry 2.

When I get the PS3, gonna pick up Drake's Fortune and Metal Gear Solid 4.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2008, 08:20:03 PM »

Hi,

I built my own desktop machine about a year ago with a Intel P4 Dual-Core CPU with 2Gig RAM and Intel video {though I also have a Nvidia GeForce 8800 which I havent installed yet}. I am running Ubuntu 8.04 Linux 64bit at the moment and it is perfect for my application.

I develop software in Linux environment and we use Ubuntu at my work. I have been playing the OpenSource game Nexuiz lately. It is an excellent First Person shooter similar to Quake which I used to play quite often.

PS: My name in Nexuiz online is "AyinHara"

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2008, 08:34:32 PM »
I quit my addiction to video games, if I get back into it I'll be hooked. Nervous, blood-shot eyes, thumb blisters, sweaty palms... I can't do it anymore.  :fright:

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2008, 08:41:52 PM »
I quit my addiction to video games, if I get back into it I'll be hooked. Nervous, blood-shot eyes, thumb blisters, sweaty palms... I can't do it anymore.  :fright:

It's not so dangerous if it's 2 player. 
2 player games can bring people together.

In teenage years they can bring friends together.

I've seen it bring married people together too, gives them something to do together.  (good for them to do different things, and I suppose, not get bored)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2008, 08:52:11 PM »

That's how I was in the late 90's, 24/7 gaming and I was hooked on massive multiplayer online roleplaying games. Nowadays, i'm just a casual gamer.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2008, 01:19:15 AM »

Two player games can also cause a lot of arguments. "You MADE ME DIE!" etc.

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2008, 01:54:47 AM »

Two player games can also cause a lot of arguments. "You MADE ME DIE!" etc.

I guess that could only really be in a game where you work in a team simultaneously against the computer?

Though even in that situation, it'd make you both die. 
If person A is having trouble fighting the baddie he agreed to focus on, then his baddie is likely to kill him before he goes and kills person B.
(and that's still a rare situation, because often one player is expert, and could take them all on anyway. It would take a non expert and a real newbie to cause that situation where you both die)

I must say though, I wouldn't like to see a husband and wife in that situation.. husband is meant to be protecting his wife and she screams that at him.  Or worse, "pathetic" husband screams that at his wife!
I've almost never seen a situation where Person A causes person B to die (while A still lives).

Sure, if person A accidentally hits person B and person B is low on life. But that's really rare.  (if B was higher on life then it would take a more powerful weapon like an RPG, but they usually require aim)

What situations did you have in mind where players might shout that?
player A causing player B to die / vice versa. ?!

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2008, 05:28:04 AM »
White Israelite, thanks for letting me know about the 360, I had no idea it had so many issues. I wasn't planning on getting one but now I know not to.

I read somewhere that you can set up your own maps in one of the Doom games, can you still do that?

I have heard too, that you can make your own games. It works in some kind with the wad files. I know how to use created wad files, but I can't create them by myself.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2008, 06:16:49 AM »
I have a P/C, Game cube and a PS2 that I never taken out of the box, never had the time to bother.  If PS3 comes down in price perhaps.  But I am kinda busy for that.  Well who knows.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline elle

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2008, 06:38:52 AM »
nintendo wii all the way !