Author Topic: NY governor: Caroline Kennedy wants Senate seat  (Read 405 times)

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
NY governor: Caroline Kennedy wants Senate seat
« on: December 15, 2008, 04:31:02 PM »
ALBANY, N.Y – New York Gov. David Paterson says Caroline Kennedy has told him she's interested in the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by Hillary Rodham Clinton. The Democratic governor will choose the replacement. He says Kennedy talked to him about the job Monday afternoon.

Paterson says that "it's not a campaign" and that Kennedy would like "at some point to sit down."

The daughter of the late President John F. Kennedy is the highest-profile candidate to express interest in the job. Her uncle Robert F. Kennedy once held the Senate seat she wants.

Clinton is expected to be confirmed as President-elect Barack Obama's secretary of state.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/ny_senate_seat

Offline EffIran

• Junior JTFer
Re: NY governor: Caroline Kennedy wants Senate seat
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 05:00:53 PM »
I'm sure Hillary is thrilled.  :P :P

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
Re: NY governor: Caroline Kennedy wants Senate seat
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 02:10:10 AM »
This makes me sick.  I thought NY would have enough sense not to elect Hillary and they did.  You know they will elect Kennedy too.  Has America become so dumbed down that we will only elect leaders with names we recognize?  The voters seem happy to be limited to, Kennedy, Clinton, Bush and now Obama.  Don't be surprised if we several Obamas in the White House.  Maybe Baracks kids can run in 30 years for president and you know they will. 

The people who cry about Princess Dianna and long for another Kennedy in the White House and will vote for the name, should die of cancer.  I can't live in a monarchy/oligarchy...this flies in the face of everything America is about. 
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 04:22:37 AM by NorthWestJTF »