Author Topic: Who are our friends? They know who they are.  (Read 318 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Who are our friends? They know who they are.
« on: December 16, 2008, 02:41:48 AM »
One of the ugliest human traits, in my opinion, is ingratitude.  One thing that distresses me a great deal about Jews on the Left, is that they love their enemies and condemn their friends. 

I was looking at a magazine today called "Evangelical Christian", a Canadian Christian magazine.  When you open it up, this is the very first article you see.  While I believe that we Jews should look only to ourselves and to G-d to do what is right, I am not about to alienate our righteous Christian friends.  I wish all Jews had enough common sense to recognize who their true friends are.  Here is the article on page 2 of "Evangelical Christian":  (Any typos are my own fault)

["]

The Jews Will Always Be Our Friends

G[-]d wants Israel to have a place in our hearts.  As a Canadian, I see the value for Canada to bless Israel.  G[-]d promised:  "Iwill bless those who bless you and whoever curses you I will curse."  Both individually and as a nation, if we curse Israel, we reap grave consequences.

If we do not learn from history, we are doomed to repeat it.  In the May 1933 edition of The Evangelical Christian Magazine, when Nazi Germany was emerging, two of the Nazi's evil plans against the Jews were boldly denounced:

1.  The Tanach was to be eliminated, and replaced with the Teuton Sagas and Folk Tales.
2.  The Biblical prophets were to be discarded from German Christian theology and replaced by Teuton heroes of philosophy and art.

Many years before it happened, the ECM accurately prophesied the Nazi's fall:  "By acts such as these we verily believe Germany is writing her own doom."  Are we seeing similar signs in Canada today?  One of the troubling trends repeated recently is rising persecution of our Jewish friends during times of economic down-turn.  However, according to G[-]d's economy, blessing Israel reaps great dividends.

Our Christian faith teaches us to advocate for all people in distress, regardless of their faith.  Yet for Israel, targeted for persecution, we are even more compelled to speak up for them.  Republican vice presidential candidate, Sarah Palin, has proven her deep love for G[-]d and has raised a strong voice for Israel.  An article in the Arutz Sheva, the Israel National News, described Palin's visible support of Israel:  "The Republican Jewish Coalition has pointed out that an Israeli flag is a fixture on the drapes in her office.  "I think it speaks volumes that she keeps and Israeli flag on the wall of her office,' the group's executive director, Matt Brooks, explained...."It clearly shows what's in her heart."...Gov. Palin is a likely Israeli backer because she is 'a very religious person, and the religious Christians are the greatest supporters of Israel.'"

May we all bless Israel, as individuals and as a nation, and reap G[-]d"s promised blessing.

["]

What does it say about the times we live in that more Christians are openly supportive of Israel and Judaism than most Jews are?  G-d forbid that any of us should ever reject our friends.