Poll

Do you use Verizon DSL?

Yes
1 (11.1%)
No
8 (88.9%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Do you use Verizon DSL?  (Read 1121 times)

Offline George

• Senior JTFer
Do you use Verizon DSL?
« on: December 16, 2008, 03:58:40 AM »
I hate these animals at Verizon. Every time it rains their service is down and whenever I call a department they have some rude Black person giving horrible customer service. It's like calling the DMV. Their commercials are filled with these animals as well. The only reasonably priced DSL you can get besides verizon is AT&T but they've got rude Black employees as well. Cable internet is overpriced.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Do you use Verizon DSL?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 07:40:49 AM »
Ralph, in what city do you live? I am only asking to try and figure out what else is available. DSL is an older service that is sort of being phased out slowly by verizon to make way for their new FIOS service. Cable internet is MUCH, MUCH better than DSL. It may be slighly more money but it is worth it. You pay for what you get.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline GodGunsAndGlory

• Full JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 10:08:50 AM »
I hate these animals at Verizon. Every time it rains their service is down and whenever I call a department they have some rude Black person giving horrible customer service. It's like calling the DMV. Their commercials are filled with these animals as well. The only reasonably priced DSL you can get besides verizon is AT&T but they've got rude Black employees as well. Cable internet is overpriced.

Timewarner Cable goes down after rain too usually, not yesterday surprisingly. Our only other option.... is Verizon.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 10:17:14 AM »
Time warner has been pretty reliable TV wise. I have that in my home. My relatives have road runner and it never goes down.

Offline Tacitus

• Full JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 11:34:31 AM »

I have cable. And yes i have a similar experience with you....rude black employees who come over and refuse to be criticized. They need to hire more smart asians to do this kind of work.
No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he is vigilant in its preservation.

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 12:45:27 PM »
I have cable via timewarner and the roadrunner speed has been very slow for months. I thought maybe it was my old pc because it was old now I got a fast pc and no change. So last thursday I go down to time warner in the queens center mall, and I get this black immigrant women and I asked a simple question if I buy my a new modem will I get a rental charge. See time warner charges you per month for modem, tv box, remote... she couldn't give me an answer she kept on saying yes you have to pay for the service. I didn't even ask that! If I ever went into a business in this city of New York and  if I can get good customer service from someone with a brain I may just pass out.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 01:42:17 PM »
I use Cox Cable, very unreliable as of late. Everyone including friends and family are having issues with the network and Cox denies anything is wrong. The infrastructure here sucks.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 01:57:56 PM »
I use Cox Cable, very unreliable as of late. Everyone including friends and family are having issues with the network and Cox denies anything is wrong. The infrastructure here sucks.
Where are you using the cox cable? They aren't anywhere near nyc. The best thing so far is Verizon Fios.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 02:03:36 PM »
I am at t-com. It is a little bit more expensive, but it works nearly everyday. The customer service is trash, but I have only needed it one day in 7 years.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2008, 02:26:49 PM »
Where are you using the cox cable? They aren't anywhere near nyc. The best thing so far is Verizon Fios.

Florida. I don't live in NYC.

I wish we had Verizon FIOS but the fiber optics we have at work is good enough for me :D

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2008, 02:46:08 PM »

I would love to get fios but since I live in a building they said they can't install the wires or something to that affect.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2008, 07:02:30 PM »
The Verizon is ok I have had it for over a year or so and it has not been down once. I even kept my old dial up as a back up but never needed it. The problem you are having sounds like it is in the wiring in you house or apartment. Moisture is getting into the wiring or connection box that might be located outside. Spiders love to build webs in the connection boxes  and it interferes with the DSL and to some extent even  phone quality. If your hearing buzzing or humming in the phone that may be a sign of this sort of problem. Try to hook up the modem as directly into the phone jack as you can the less splitters and connections the better. Make sure all connections are clean and tight. If you can get into the little box outside look in it an see that its clean. Phone wires do have a good deal of DC power when the phone rings up so don't be standing in a puddle of water if your handling any of the equipment outside.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years