Poll

What do you think of the grunge band Stone Sour?

LOVE THEM!
0 (0%)
They're pretty good
0 (0%)
They are okay
0 (0%)
Don't like them
0 (0%)
Don't know who they are
2 (100%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Stone Sour!  (Read 681 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Stone Sour!
« on: December 18, 2008, 02:32:26 AM »
What do you all think of the grunge group Stone Sour (Corey Taylor of Slipknot's side project, and original band)? They do the songs "Bother", "Get Inside", and "Glass". I think they're great, and in some ways what Nirvana might resemble today if not for what Kurt did back in '94. I LOVE Stone Sour and grunge and metal in general. What do you all think?

What I love is that Taylor is full of passion, can do a vast range of vocals, is able to express all of his feelings effectively, and is also very articulate in his opinions (even if I do not agree with them all).

Chaimfan

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Stone Sour!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 02:40:34 AM »
Personally I hate grunge...

I dont want to argue, but I just want to let you know... The only band I ever saw which was grunge, and I hated it, was Soundgarten... Oy the noise...

PS: I loved Metal in the 80's-90's... Saw Metallica 4 times, Black Sabbath 2 times, Ozzy 2 times, Judas Priest 2 times, Iron Maiden once, Pantera once, Yngwie Malmsteen once... But nothing nowadays comes close to the 80's metal sound... I hear Metallica is still kickin, but I just dont like it like I used to...

PPS: My personal theory is you must be Gen X to like grunge... I am barely Gen X...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gen_x
Generation X is a term now used to describe a cohort of people born from roughly 1965 to 1980.[1][2][3] While 1965 remains a commonly recognized first birth year for Generation X[citation needed], as with most generations, other birth year ranges have been proposed, although most of these alternatives were used in the past, and are not used[citation needed]. Some of these alternative birth ranges which have been suggested for Generation X include: the late 1950s and 1960s,[4] 1968 to 1979,[5] 1964 to 1980,[6] or 1961 to 1981.[7] The term has been used in demography, the social sciences, and marketing, though it is most often used in popular culture.

I was born in Jan 1965... The cusp of Gen-X...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 02:54:55 AM »
CF They're a good band.  When you said Stone Sour I thought of Sponge, which I haven't thought of in a while.  Remember, Molly and Plowed?
I didn't even know Stone Sour sung all those songs. 

Muman,
You're right.  I'm late Gen X and I even liked some Gen Y stuff up until 2003.  Ozzy was still big in the early 90's. 

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 08:55:14 AM »
I stopped liking most new music after 1995. I used to really like grunge, but I've never heard of Stone Sour. I'll look them up on Zootube.