Poll

Should we get rid of them??

Yes
10 (41.7%)
No
14 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Dating Sections  (Read 3269 times)

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
Dating Sections
« on: December 16, 2008, 11:08:22 PM »
I think the Dating Sections are pointless and don't really help our members or our cause. Online Dating in my mind is pointless and doesn't work. If you want to Date you should do it in real life.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Dating Sections
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 11:20:47 PM »
I agree with you totally, those section need to be removed.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 12:16:25 AM »
I voted no. I'm not opposed to the idea of "online dating." I believe we should have a major overhaul of that section though If we're going to keep it. Right now it's a complete joke and a serious mess.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 08:44:11 AM »
yes
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 09:04:02 AM »
My sister met her boyfriend online. I still don't think those sections are necessary on this site right now.

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 12:31:58 PM »
  I met David Ben Moshe while we were all debating in chatland. All I know is that we were on the same conservative political page, spiritually as well, I told him I was visiting NY with a friend, he then asked me to eat at KATZ's Deli with him, I said of COURSE! So, we met in REAL life, ONLY online is not all that good- you MUST meet in PERSON.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 12:34:16 PM »
I met my girlfriend online. Online dating isn't pointless, my aunt met her husband online too.

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 01:10:36 PM »
I met my girlfriend via online as well. But not through a dating forum.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 03:16:56 PM »
The dating section on this forum has nothing to do with dating online per se.  This forum is an activist forum. Searching for your mate should be separate from this forum.  Furthermore, people here can simply chat with each other and im each other personally rather than have a dating section. I think the dating section of this forum is obsolete and created by Yaacov..it should be removed.  Dating questions can be posted here in the general section.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline bob101

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 12:37:10 AM »
Where is chatland? This forum or another? Just wondering.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2008, 12:42:13 AM »

Huh?
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2008, 12:54:08 AM »
No. I believe we should make every possible effort to help the righteous people of this forum find mates.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2008, 02:02:04 AM »

Welcome to the forum Bob, by any chance are you the famous Bob we like here?

;D

See the tiny little link that says CHAT above there? In between where you click for your messages and where you click to see the members.....also on that line is USER CP, SEARCH< HELP and HOME.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline bob101

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2008, 02:46:52 AM »
  I met David Ben Moshe while we were all debating in chatland. All I know is that we were on the same conservative political page, spiritually as well, I told him I was visiting NY with a friend, he then asked me to eat at KATZ's Deli with him, I said of COURSE! So, we met in REAL life, ONLY online is not all that good- you MUST meet in PERSON.

I was asking about this statement, wondering if there are other forums like this.

See the tiny little link that says CHAT above there? In between where you click for your messages and where you click to see the members.....also on that line is USER CP, SEARCH< HELP and HOME.

;D

[/quote]

Offline bob101

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2008, 02:52:07 AM »

I was asking about this statement, wondering if there are other forums like this.

;D

[/quote] :::D I think I'm messing up on how to post with quote...never been on a chat before,,sorry  :P

Offline bob101

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2008, 02:55:14 AM »

;D

famous Bob ??

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2008, 03:10:37 AM »

;D

famous Bob ??

Yeah, sponge bob.... He is one of our heros....

But seriously folks...

I think they are talking about Drinking Bob... Even though i dont know who the heck he is and why he keeps following me...

Sorry for the intentional humor, if it is not funny please dont sue me..

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php/topic,29636.0.html
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2008, 06:56:12 AM »
No. I believe we should make every possible effort to help the righteous people of this forum find mates.

they can find mates here on the general discussion section and the pm each other...

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2008, 10:27:51 AM »

I don't think the online dating section of JTF is going to work directly, for a couple of reasons, you can't really post your pictures and a profile for one, but mainly because the ratio of girls to boys here is quite a bit out of kilter.

But the section could still serve a purpose as a place for discussions about dating for decent people. It's good for reviews of dating websites, your experiences with them, the crap ones vs the good ones, and ideas of places to go on date etc. In that context I think the dating section would be great.
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2008, 02:07:37 PM »
I can take it or leave it. 

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2008, 03:21:51 PM »

Leave it up, for dating discussions at least, reviews of singles websites, places to go and meet nice people, suggestions on what to do for dates, stuff like that.

Gotta get all the nice Hebrews and Shebrews together.  ;D
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2008, 05:51:23 PM »
I don't think it's harmful to the forum, and it may serve a good purpose.. righteous couples may be a product of the dating section, so I think it's a benefit to the forum imho.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2008, 06:33:36 PM »

;D

famous Bob ??

Bob from the famous "drinking with Bob" videos (we have many of them posted here.....
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline bob101

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2008, 12:15:42 AM »

;D

famous Bob ??

Bob from the famous "drinking with Bob" videos (we have many of them posted here.....

No sorry, I'm not that "drinking with Bob" .....I'm more like this Bob  :celebrate: "drinking with Bob"