Author Topic: Team Obama: work on Las Vegas' global warming  (Read 1325 times)

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Team Obama: work on Las Vegas' global warming
« on: December 18, 2008, 11:02:25 AM »

OK. Obama can start sending his global warming team to Las Vegas -- a stinking desert.
http://www.lvrj.com/news/36335684.html
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Team Obama: work on Las Vegas' global warming
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 02:11:21 PM »
holey moley .... its a white vegas

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 04:40:23 PM »
Of course it all makes sense... When we experience global warming the temperatures actually get colder {didn't you know that?}... Global Warming 'science' is a bunch of crepe....

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 06:12:40 PM »
Of course it all makes sense... When we experience global warming the temperatures actually get colder {didn't you know that?}... Global Warming 'science' is a bunch of crepe....

As silly as that sounds... I actually heard a GW advocate say that...

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 07:49:59 PM »

As silly as that sounds... I actually heard a GW advocate say that...

That's what con men do, if they say it'll go up and in actuality things go down, the con man says, "Oh that's exactly right, first it's supposed to go down, just need a few more bucks to get over that threshold and you see this thing soar! Got your checkbook?"
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
  • What is, What was, What could be. thats what I see
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 10:57:11 PM »

The science behind the global warming concerns is very complex and tends to have some contradictory findings. The actual science is sound, however the Earths Eco system is so large and has so many variables that it is very hard to model in an actuate way. When you add space science to the mix, which is needed to predict long term climate change the situation gets even worse. 

For example, cloud cover can reflect sunlight into space, thus cooling the Earths surface. At the same time some heat will be trapped under cloud cover, thus leading to some heating. Then toss solar flare and sunspot activity, the movement of the Sol system thu the Milky Way in four dimensions, cosmic ray density etc, even the best minds and computers can get overwhelmed. And this is only about cloud cover...Now add id all the other factors and you can see the problem.

We need to have the funding and resources to study climate change, and not have it be affected by the current political climate.
"You must not have looked in the new dictionary for the word Genocide, Because Right next to it is a picture of me with a capton that reads...over my dead body!"

The Doctor

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 11:00:16 PM »
Global Whining?
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline spiritus_persona

• Pro JTFer
  • Say NO to Dhimmitude
    • Cultural Jihadist (Warning!  May contain harsh language!)
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 11:19:22 PM »
Actually it's not Global Warming anymore.  It's Climate Change.  That way they can cover their butts in both warming and cooling.

"Hey, why don't we cause global warmin' so that the ocean levels will rise usherin' in a new ice age" ::)
Me: Muslims get offended too easily.
Muslim: What!?  That is an outrage!  Take that back or I kill you!

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 11:23:50 PM »

The science behind the global warming concerns is very complex and tends to have some contradictory findings. The actual science is sound, however the Earths Eco system is so large and has so many variables that it is very hard to model in an actuate way. When you add space science to the mix, which is needed to predict long term climate change the situation gets even worse. 

For example, cloud cover can reflect sunlight into space, thus cooling the Earths surface. At the same time some heat will be trapped under cloud cover, thus leading to some heating. Then toss solar flare and sunspot activity, the movement of the Sol system thu the Milky Way in four dimensions, cosmic ray density etc, even the best minds and computers can get overwhelmed. And this is only about cloud cover...Now add id all the other factors and you can see the problem.

We need to have the funding and resources to study climate change, and not have it be affected by the current political climate.

Its a complete guess.  They use models to try and predict the affect of Co2 in the atmosphere... and they completely fudge the inputs in order to get the output they want.  Now... since the climate has gone down 5 years in a row... theyre gonna have to fudge it some more.  The truth of the matter is.... Its JUST GUESSING!!!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008, 12:23:01 AM »

Sounds like what you are saying is that they don't know what the heck they are doing and are calling it 'science'. I was taught science in school when I was a child. If I remember right it involves coming up with a theory, doing experiments which are reproducable, and making conclusions. It sounds like they are making up the theory, fudging the data for the 'experiments', and coming to pre-fabricated conclusions... This is NOT science..
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2008, 05:34:27 AM »

Sounds like what you are saying is that they don't know what the heck they are doing and are calling it 'science'. I was taught science in school when I was a child. If I remember right it involves coming up with a theory, doing experiments which are reproducable, and making conclusions. It sounds like they are making up the theory, fudging the data for the 'experiments', and coming to pre-fabricated conclusions... This is NOT science..

I've always been suspicious that the whole push behind global warming has always been an attempt to attack Western Civilization.  If they can say the West and capitalism ruined the planet, then they can say that primitive, Eastern,  and Islamic societies are superior because they were earth friendly.  You never see criticism of how communist countries ruined their environment way worse than capitalism ever could.  That will be taken out of the history books. 

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
  • What is, What was, What could be. thats what I see
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2008, 03:50:50 PM »

You are absolutely correct about what science should be. Unfortunately, many researchers sell themselves out to maintain funding and to have their name "up in lights"

It is very interesting to read the papers of those doing the pure research. These papers are very different than the ones written by the scientists being paid by the government
"You must not have looked in the new dictionary for the word Genocide, Because Right next to it is a picture of me with a capton that reads...over my dead body!"

The Doctor